Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330126 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 91725 times)
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: December 31, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRGbBIu0Pak

Sigh, make me wish I went Pyromancer. lol Then again, they don't get the boss killing soul spears nor the awesome dark spells. They are sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlTssXbYmIo

This one is pure epic, bow before the master of dark souls! LoL, butt naked with only a club.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:44:12 PM by bigdeath » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: December 31, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »

Parrying Havel

"The pimp hand is strong in this one."

No kidding.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: January 01, 2013, 07:27:33 PM »

I beat the DLC bosses (I was right that I needed Dark Sun Crown + Logan's Catalyst + Crystal Soul Spear) but released that I have missed the Crown of Dusk this walkthrough. Apparently, if you walk through the DLC portal before you get the Crown then you can never get the set that walkthough. THAT SUCKS, I AM PISSED. Then again the Dark Moon crown is safer to use anyway so. No matter, I shall be beating this game soon enough.

Nito was a push over, I am about to beat Sif, and then its the demon ruins and New Lando thats all that is left. Should beat this game soon.

Aww, the Sif fight was sad. Even looked like you were going to pet him. But OUT OF MY WAY. I'm so close to beat this damn nightmarish game that I can taste it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:10:33 PM by bigdeath » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: January 02, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »

And I have done it! VICTORY! LoL, I should have done New Londo first (its surprisingly short) and left the DLC for last. Would have had a much easier time. But its ok, I have survived the hell that is this game. Oh beloved victory, how sweet you taste. :D

I feel badass for having killed every boss with Magic. Even all the DLC bosses which some people don't think is possible. As long as you  use powerful spells like Great Chaos Fireball or Crystal Soul Spear, and all the items you can get that boost spell damage, its not that hard. Just got to get the timing of the attacks right so you know when its safe to heal. Healing at the wrong time vs bosses is what got me killed the most in this game.

Ended the game at lvl 84 with 50 INT and a fully upgraded Ascended Flame that I never used. lol  Well, besides just once to protect myself from Chaos Witch Quelaag lava.

When I play this game again I think I'll make a Faith based Occult Claymore weilding DarkWraith and have fun draining all the NPCs of humanity. Got to make sure I get 20 Flasks at every bonfire. lol Since Faith magic is pvp focused I'll use Pyromancy for PvE. Though, I'll start as a Cleric, heal is really useful early on and I really don't need attack magic at all until I get to the depths to rescue the first pyro merchant. I also want to make Gwendolin's bow. It may not be technically the best bow but I just think its badass to kill a god and turn his soul into a weapon.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:23:35 PM by bigdeath » Logged
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: January 03, 2013, 09:09:26 PM »

I just read on siliconera that demons souls is on psn and they're changing the world tendency to pure white for a week. If I weren't playing Nier I'd probably be playing that for platinum trophies sake. There was a darks souls two article too, mostly the same things said. The world will be slightly larger and prettier is what I came away with.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 03, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »

It's not out yet, it will be next week. Tempting though, just to have a copy on the PS3 at all times.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:02 AM »

After all this time I finally got around to search info about the Avelyn. If it wasn't for players online I wouldn't know that there was a weapon like that in the game...
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: January 04, 2013, 12:52:33 AM »

Sorry I forgot to mention the date... I've seen blue phantoms go to town with avelyn but I've never taken the time to try any of the crossbows.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: January 04, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »

Can't figure out how to get around the tauros demon after I land on its head. ffff

---edit---

Oh wait you can run in this.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:51:54 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:41 AM »

Can't figure out how to get around the tauros demon after I land on its head. ffff

---edit---

Oh wait you can run in this.

Why run? You can kill him after the leap attack by 2h your weapon in a few swings with lighting pine. When he attacks you can roll through his legs easily.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »

I'm having difficulty rolling through his legs >:(

I sort of figured putting on the lightning pine resin stuff might be worth a shot. Didn't think about going 2H.

Why did I buy this and TLR at the same time? What is it with me and fiddly, super-technical RPGs???

o/` I do not dream o/`

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: January 04, 2013, 08:23:07 PM »

I jumped down, backed away toward the middle of bridge and wait for his two handed slam, then run past, rinse repeat.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: January 04, 2013, 09:47:50 PM »

I couldn't figure out how to get between his legs so I just ran past him ANYWAY BEAT THAT BOSS and lost all my humanity to the thumper dude in the basement.

Anyway I think I need to do something with the dragon next although the flame effects are murder on my... graphics non-card.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: January 04, 2013, 10:25:25 PM »

Don't forget to kindle the bonfires when you have Humanity.

Also, I didn't notice before that Humanity has the form of Female genitalia... you have no shame FromSoft, no shame. Though it does makes sense why they make it look like that.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: January 05, 2013, 11:18:57 AM »

Oh come on it's not like you don't fight a cube covered in vaginas in one of the Raidou games. That's some like, Ice-T bein' all YO DOG I HEARD YOU LIKE BOXES SO I PUT SOME BOXES ON YOUR BOX.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: