Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 02:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338689 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print
Author Topic: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings  (Read 33108 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2012, 02:53:06 AM »

Yeah, it does feel like it's in the middle of Demon's Souls full, careful control and Batman's automatic/rhythm based combat.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: April 25, 2012, 08:39:47 AM »

I'm playing in normal and it's been fine so far.  Just gotta remember to use ur bombs and traps and such. Sword buffs are very important too, obviously.  It's all about preparation.  The game is crazy good.

Funny you mentioned the traps, as I particularly never found a proper way to use them. They were somewhat slow to place and by the time you meet enemies, they are already somewhat aggressive so I would never find the proper moment to use them. The only time I thought they were good were in the arena where you have some room to run around.

You can cheese the fuck out of the first real boss by using all the traps you pick up around Flotsam.  That's the only way I ever beat the son of a bitch. :P

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: April 25, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »

Another thing about this game that needs to be said, IMO, is to SAVE OFTEN. Don't rely on auto save as it can sometimes be quite a ways off depending on your current situation.  I can't tell you how many times already that I yelled "Ahhhhhh fuck!" after getting back-stabbed to death in the blink of an eye and then restarting 10 to 15 minutes in the past.  The "positioning" perk can aleviate that particular insta-death annoyance though.:)  That being said, I really enjoy the challenging combat overall.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »

Anybody make it to the infamous act three yet? I'm kind of curious weather they really did fix it like they promised.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »

One thing that should probably be mentioned (and if it has, OOOPS) is that there's an option to change up the text format for people that don't have HDTVs.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: