Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:05:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334548 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings  (Read 32634 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »

All the dlc in this file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m8ao7k3io9vvun5

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2011, 05:41:38 PM »

This game is absolutely gorgeous...only problem is that I started playing it on my cousin's Alienware and now I can't go back to playing it on my computer with the lower settings without longing for the maxed settings on my cousin's CPU :(

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »

Here's a mod to eliminate the weight restriction:

http://gamemodscore.org/downloads.php?do=download&fileid=112

I'm tempted to use it, feels a bit like cheating but I'm really not a fan of limited inventories.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2011, 01:36:39 AM »

Here's a mod to eliminate the weight restriction:

http://gamemodscore.org/downloads.php?do=download&fileid=112

I'm tempted to use it, feels a bit like cheating but I'm really not a fan of limited inventories.

Nice! Gonna make good use of this.

I freaking hate inventory restrictions in this kind of games.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2011, 02:11:05 AM »

So ready to chuck this game out of the window. Dropped $60 on the thing and can't even install it. 5 days of dealing with their idiot support has left a really bad taste in my mouth - and apparently there's a huge number of people who are having the same issue.

Where do you have issues? Simply getting the game installed from the discs or the activation bit? I personally gave up on even entering my key when re-installing on my laptop just to see how it'd run (the fact it ran is the best thing I can say for it), and eventually it got all patched up THEN I entered the key. So you could try that, or try using the appropiate patch under section 2 here.

I'm getting a data redundancy check error from the disc on installation.

Feature transfer error

feature: required files
Component: Data
File: E:\data2.cab
error: data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I've tried to install on both desktops and my laptop with no success. I can't even transfer files to the HDD and install from there either. I would torrent the damn thing if they weren't banning accounts with those ripped files.

I'm just over it.

hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: May 28, 2011, 06:12:44 AM »

I'm getting a data redundancy check error from the disc on installation.

Feature transfer error

feature: required files
Component: Data
File: E:\data2.cab
error: data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I've tried to install on both desktops and my laptop with no success. I can't even transfer files to the HDD and install from there either. I would torrent the damn thing if they weren't banning accounts with those ripped files.

I'm just over it.

Had the same exact problem. Copied the entire thing to my internal HDD, specifically to my D partition and still had the same problem. Made another copy to C partition and still got the same error. Copied the game from disk to D, and then to C, then restarted my computer a few times and all of a sudden the problem disappears. WTF!

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: May 28, 2011, 06:39:56 AM »

It won't even copy, the cab2 file is completely unreadable. I have no issues with dual layer DVDs either so I have no idea. The problem seems to be widespread among users who purchased a physical version of the game. In this day and age we should'nt be having CRC errors circa 1994. I'm shocked CDProjekt hasn't addressed this directly, or apologize.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: May 28, 2011, 07:49:09 AM »

Well, I guess I'm lucky since I have a retail copy and didn't have any issues.

Anyway, I'm finally done with all the available sidequests. Back to the main plot.

Why was there such a shitstorm with ME's sex scenes and then you get something like this and nobody talks about it?

I hope the next patch improves streaming. Game is freakin' beautiful, the moonlight reflecting on Geralt's swords is a nice touch.

The map is useless, it was perfect in the first game, what the hell were they thinking?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:06:09 AM by CDFN » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: May 28, 2011, 07:52:20 PM »

How did you guys beat
Code:
Letho?

He kicked my ass a couple of times, then I decided to throw knifes. It went down like this: fight starts, I press R 6 times, fight ends. He didn't even move lol. This fight is tough, you might want to use this strategy.

The ability to damage several enemies simultaneously is a life saver, it's like the group attack from the first game and makes fighting multiple enemies a lot more manageable.

Where are you guys spending your talents?

Geralt's sword fighting is like a dance, it's a joy to watch.

Chapter 1 sex scene spoiler:
Code:
Triss likes it from behind, nice...

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:07:03 PM by CDFN » Logged

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 28, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »

Kyle's review is up. Agree/disagree?

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/The_Witcher_2_Assassins_of_Kings/index.html

Me, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a console version.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2011, 08:18:55 PM »

The best compliment I can give Kyle is that the review is as good as the game. Excellent work.

CDprojekt created a landmark in the RPG genre with this game. Considering how good the first game is, this franchise has already found its place among the genre's best ever in my eyes.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 28, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »

Me, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a console version.

If they don't release a console version then this is some of the worst port teasing I have ever seen.

Stephen: Not sure what to say then, given your customer service experience. Though I guess that depends on if you went through Atari or CDProjekt.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »

We will be talking about Witcher 2 on the next podcast.  Hopefully we'll be recording sometime next weekend.  We wanted to make sure that people had a chance to play the game before we talked about it in great detail.  Look forward to it!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2011, 07:45:05 AM »

Poland Gives President Obama The Witcher 2ís Collectorís Edition

http://kotaku.com/5806531/poland-gives-president-obama-the-witcher-2s-collectors-edition

Obama is playing the witcher 2 on ultra with ubersampling on nasa computers! OK, I made that up but Poland must be pretty proud of the game, I mean, their friggin' president gave the game to Obama! What if his wife suddenly shows up while Geralt is banging Triss? Happened to me yesterday, fortunately I hit the esc key just in time. Let's hope Obama's skills with the keyboard are good. Hm, I wonder if he plays with a controller, he looks more like a keyboard/mouse person to me.

I'm so addicted to the game I'd play it 24/7 if I could. This shit isn't healthy.

axhed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2011, 08:59:15 AM »

We will be talking about Witcher 2 on the next podcast.  Hopefully we'll be recording sometime next weekend.  We wanted to make sure that people had a chance to play the game before we talked about it in great detail.  Look forward to it!

awesome.  i was kind of ticked off that the 5 gamer podcasts (2 are mmo oriented) i listened to pretty much snubbed tw2. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: