Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 04:16:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings  (Read 32618 times)
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »

Poland Gives President Obama The Witcher 2ís Collectorís Edition

http://kotaku.com/5806531/poland-gives-president-obama-the-witcher-2s-collectors-edition

Obama is playing the witcher 2 on ultra with ubersampling on nasa computers! OK, I made that up but Poland must be pretty proud of the game, I mean, their friggin' president gave the game to Obama! What if his wife suddenly shows up while Geralt is banging Triss? Happened to me yesterday, fortunately I hit the esc key just in time. Let's hope Obama's skills with the keyboard are good. Hm, I wonder if he plays with a controller, he looks more like a keyboard/mouse person to me.

I'm so addicted to the game I'd play it 24/7 if I could. This shit isn't healthy.

My motherland is very strange in that people are really proud of the weirdest things. It's understandable, since there are no Polish cars, electronics or really anything else for that matter, but hey, at least we managed to create a kickass c-RPG!
axhed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »

that rpg pales in comparison to busty.pl
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »

Group finishers make croud control so much easier, they're really useful when fighting mobs.

Just started chapter 3, I don't know how this game could possibly be more awesome. Playing this game and it's prequel over the past few weeks has been one of the very best gaming experiences of my life, it created a new standard for me as far as rpgs are concerned.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »

Group finishers make croud control so much easier, they're really useful when fighting mobs.

Just started chapter 3, I don't know how this game could possibly be more awesome. Playing this game and it's prequel over the past few weeks has been one of the very best gaming experiences of my life, it created a new standard for me as far as rpgs are concerned.

All I'm gonna say is that I've never been this hooked to an RPG since Demon's Souls.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
axhed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »

aye. i was stuck on 'find cedric' for about 8 days due to my work schedule... in the last day and a half i've gone from there to closing in on chapter 3.  usually it's really hard for me to sit and play a game for more than 2 hours... not lately!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2011, 05:41:40 PM »

Does anyone have a copy of the day 1 patch for the retail version? It should be in Documents\Witcher 2\Downloads. I deleted it after installing 1.1, which turned out to be a terrible idea, since 1.1 and my computer don't get along, and Chapter 2 is now pretty much unplayable due to the stutter. I've tried every conceivable solution (I spent most of the weekend trying to find out what was wrong and I'm not having problems in any other games) other than reverting to the old patch, which doesn't seem to be hosted on the official site anymore.

If so, please could you upload it to mediafire or another file hosting site? I'd really like to get back to playing this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:25:18 PM by DPB » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2011, 05:08:33 AM »

Does anyone have a copy of the day 1 patch for the retail version? It should be in Documents\Witcher 2\Downloads. I deleted it after installing 1.1, which turned out to be a terrible idea, since 1.1 and my computer don't get along, and Chapter 2 is now pretty much unplayable due to the stutter. I've tried every conceivable solution (I spent most of the weekend trying to find out what was wrong and I'm not having problems in any other games) other than reverting to the old patch, which doesn't seem to be hosted on the official site anymore.

If so, please could you upload it to mediafire or another file hosting site? I'd really like to get back to playing this.

Do you still need it?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2011, 05:48:16 AM »

Do you still need it?

Yes please, I can't find it anywhere.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

Do you still need it?

Yes please, I can't find it anywhere.

I'm uploading to mediafire now. Does the file remain unchanged after you apply patch 1.1?

Edit:

Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rbc61jmzcfcpdii
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:23:34 PM by CDFN » Logged

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »

Great, thanks! I've got to go out now but I'll test it later with another reinstall, making sure to pull the plug on my internet connection so that it doesn't download 1.1 automatically. It looks like it should work, since the file size is a bit smaller than 1.1.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2011, 02:27:18 PM »

I just finished the game. I need to know what choices you guys made on your first playthrough.

Code:
Roche or Iorveth: I went with Roche
Kill or spare Henselt: I let Roche kill him, knowing that he raped Ves pissed me off.
Go with Roche or save Triss: No way I would've left Triss to rot in the dungeon.
Kill the dragon or walk away: I let the dragon live, dragons rock.
Fight Letho or let him go: I fought him, not doing it would make me feel like a coward, it would be like skipping the final boss, I'm just too proud.

Needless to say that the witcher 3 is now one of my most antecipated games right along with half life 3 and persona 5. I hope there's dlc.
I'm looking forward to playing it again, some of those decisions are huge gamechangers.

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »

Thanks CDFN, got it installed now. Unfortunately, I'm going have to shelve it and hope for improvement in the next patch and/or driver update, or failing that, upgrade my computer. Going back to the old patch seemingly took care of the stutter, but chapter 2 is just too choppy to play. I've no idea why, but it seems to be much more system-intensive than anywhere in the prologue or chapter 1. Oh well.

Day 1 patch: poor FPS, no stutter = unplayable
1.1 patch: better FPS, terrible stutter = unplayable
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:56:02 PM by DPB » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2011, 05:54:21 PM »

Thanks CDFN, got it installed now. Unfortunately, I'm going have to shelve it and hope for improvement in the next patch and/or driver update, or failing that, upgrade my computer. Going back to the old patch seemingly took care of the stutter, but chapter 2 is just too choppy to play. I've no idea why, but it seems to be much more system-intensive than anywhere in the prologue or chapter 1. Oh well.

Day 1 patch: poor FPS, no stutter = unplayable
1.1 patch: better FPS, terrible stutter = unplayable

Hm, the forest in chapter 1 seemed to be the most demanding area in the game for me. It's a shame you'll have to shelve it, don't expect too much from the patch though, it wont do any miracles. Have you messed around with the settings? Disable SSAO and AA. If you already did that try disabling motion blur and depth of field.
How much ram does you gpu have? Maybe you should lower texture memory? When set to medium (and assuming you disable the stuff I mentioned and don't go crazy with the resolution) you should get a playable frame-rate and still get the game to look good. Medium really looks pretty good.

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »

I chose the other side to you - from what I've heard the town in chapter 2 in this path is more demanding. The frame rate was okay in the forest (20-35), but I'm getting an average of about 16 FPS now with the day 1 patch. If I use 1.1 I get about 25, though the sheer amount of stuttering is unbearable. I've tried lowering all the settings, reinstalling the game multiple times, defragmenting, using different drivers and lots of other supposed fixes all to avail. I can't get rid of the stutter, and I don't have the hardware to run it well pre-1.1. At this point I don't think there's much more I can do.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:50:32 PM by DPB » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »

Patch 1.2 tomorrow (yes!) and 360 version in November:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-02-witcher-2-patch-1-2-arrives-tomorrow

The game sold 400.000 copies in the first week. Very nice. It deserves to sell 40.000.000 though.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:58:59 PM by CDFN » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: