Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 04:29:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332769 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Gaming Regrets...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Gaming Regrets...  (Read 3719 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 11:37:54 AM »

I sort of regret getting into gaming as a whole. Except realistically speaking I can't think of a better alternative, or really believe that things would've turned out better if I hadn't.

Wait no I think those are my feelings on going to college whoops.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I traded in my SNES for the Jaguar.

Such a foolish decision... But prompt a young boy with the promise of more bits and all hell breaks loose.

I remember back in the day when game systems were announced and advertised by how many bits they sported. I think I bought an N64 over a PSX cause I was like, "OMFG DOUBLE TEH BITZ!"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:54:31 AM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »

I felt like the biggest sucker in the world as I played Cybermorph.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »

The Jaguar was such an over hyped piece of trash.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »

Den Jaguar är en väldigt, väldigt vackert tjej och jag vill gifta henne ^д^

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 06:32:29 PM »

I have a couple of other gaming regrets that I just remembered;

1.  I let my cousin borrow Xenogears and never got it back (they skipped town).  Luckily about 8 yrs later, I was able to find it at a local GameStop for 25 bucks, Greatest Hits.

2.  I let a friend borrow Castlevania SotN and his little brother broke it.  I still haven't been able to find another copy (at least for a fair price).
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »

I regret trading in my Sega and all its games to buy an N64.  Sigh.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 07:34:10 PM »

I don't remember *how*, but I used to have an NES, SNES, Genesis / Sega CD, Nomad, and Game Gear. I have zero idea what happened to them and my games for them. But I wish now I had them back - despite eventually getting a new SNES and Genesis.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »

I regret selling/trading in games in general.  If I'd kept every game and console I've ever owned(since the Atari days) then I would have a MASSIVE collection.  sigh.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 09:32:57 PM »

Lending my brother Brawl. He fucking lost it.

Selling Xenogears.

Can't think of a game I regret buying though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »

I regret losing my SNES when my family moved (city outskirts -> city center). We had some really good times on it, my siblings and I. :(

Not really a regret - because it wasn't my fault - but I do feel sore about my ps2 games being given away while I was at boarding school for my IB.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »

My regrets?

Skipping on grabbing Tron Bonne for $20 when I could've, and the last known opportunity was passed in favor of getting fucking Xenosaga 2. Even if I liked XS2 I could've just waited a few months and gotten for way less, enough less that combined with Tron Bonne would still have been less than the original retail price for XS2. Skipping on Shining Force III sucked too, but I got Panzer Dragoon Saga and wasn't the most inclined to wade through two other games in another language, so it may have been for the best to have not bothered with SFIII. I suppose they could remake it, but I have no confidence in Sega matching the job that Matsuno and SE apparently have done with Tactics Ogre. A bigger regret for skipping games would be Ever17 when it was still able to be bought, but I had no idea how good it could've been until I played 999. Well, there's a bunch of games like Burning Rangers, the PS1 Ogre Battle Saga ports, and the Lufia series I missed out on, but those are either easily skippable or weren't the ideal releases anyway. More often I regret NOT getting through a game, such as Planescape Torment.

Then there's me lending out Popful Mail. I lent it years ago to someone who was a friend, but over the years he gradually lost his mind and ended up smashing it over being called out on his behavior. To pour salt on the wound he never even got that far in the first place, so it was pretty much pointless to have lent out.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »

I regret not devoting enough of my free time to actual gaming these days.

I also regret not getting a PSOne back in the day. Something tells me had I gotten one, I would've gotten into RPGs way sooner than I did, which was about 4 years ago.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »

My regrets?

Skipping on grabbing Tron Bonne for $20 when I could've, and the last known opportunity was passed in favor of getting fucking Xenosaga 2. Even if I liked XS2 I could've just waited a few months and gotten for way less, enough less that combined with Tron Bonne would still have been less than the original retail price for XS2. Skipping on Shining Force III sucked too, but I got Panzer Dragoon Saga and wasn't the most inclined to wade through two other games in another language, so it may have been for the best to have not bothered with SFIII. I suppose they could remake it, but I have no confidence in Sega matching the job that Matsuno and SE apparently have done with Tactics Ogre. A bigger regret for skipping games would be Ever17 when it was still able to be bought, but I had no idea how good it could've been until I played 999. Well, there's a bunch of games like Burning Rangers, the PS1 Ogre Battle Saga ports, and the Lufia series I missed out on, but those are either easily skippable or weren't the ideal releases anyway. More often I regret NOT getting through a game, such as Planescape Torment.

Then there's me lending out Popful Mail. I lent it years ago to someone who was a friend, but over the years he gradually lost his mind and ended up smashing it over being called out on his behavior. To pour salt on the wound he never even got that far in the first place, so it was pretty much pointless to have lent out.

Haha Tronne Bon was a lame but fun title - I loved the wreckless fun and misadventure. :D
...probably not helpful - I wonder if I still have my copy lying around actually.
Something about those Servbots is irresistible for lego-looking idiots.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 09:58:52 PM »

I don't have my Pokemon Blue cartridge anymore. This makes me sad.

On a broader level, I haven't made the best purchasing decisions in the past. Somehow I managed not to buy a lot of now classic games. I never played Diablo or Starcraft; I bought Rampage: World Tour instead of GoldenEye; my SNES collection is attrocious; basically, I took a whole bunch of wrong turns on the road to video game appreciation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: