Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 04:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338474 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Gaming Regrets...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Gaming Regrets...  (Read 3854 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »

I regret getting rid of my NES and SNES... I never had huge libraries of games but I did have some classics. I can do w/o the NES but more then ever I want to play some of my old SNES favorites and even ones I missed out on. I know that in the future I'll be blowing a lot of money on "vintage" games.

I also regret lending games out to people. In the early 00s I lent my buddy Rob a ton of N64 games because he broke up with his +1 and had wanted to play some games. Well after a while I forgot about all of them and nearly ten years later I'm never getting them back. I still hang out w/ him all the time but he doesn't have them. Probably his little brother did something with them, traded them in for new crap. At least most N64 games are cheap though. I still have my console, 3 controllers, and Perfect Dark.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:50:35 PM »

Buying a 360 for ToV and SO4. SO4...couldn't get past the 5 hour mark because I hated the characters so much. ToV felt like a letdown after TotA. And both got ported to the PS3 anyway.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 09:09:04 PM »

Having never beaten the original Phantasy Star. My brothers and I were kinda playing it together and got stuck in the last dungeon.  There was no internet to look up the solution to our problem. It haunts me to this day. I've even tried to play it again, but just can't anymore.

Selling all my best Saturn games. This included Panzer Dragoon Saga, which i never beat for some odd reason. It also included Shining Force 3, which I also never beat.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:48:35 PM »

Anticipating FFXIII.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »

Getting to GBA's for "connecting play".  BLEH.

Helping to buy an X360 since its at my brother's house for now and ever.
Buying Zelda TP on Wii because my brother borrowed it away to his now ex-girlfriend.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 11:24:02 PM »

Buying a 360 for ToV and SO4. SO4...couldn't get past the 5 hour mark because I hated the characters so much. ToV felt like a letdown after TotA. And both got ported to the PS3 anyway.

I regret buying a 360 for SO4.
I only like 2 games on it anyway =/ ToV and AC4Answer
Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 03:00:25 AM »

Wasting 3 hours of my life playing Unlimited Saga (PS2).  It was the first time Square had let me down, but it certainly wasn't the last.  Looking back, I guess it was a sign of things to come...which leads me to my next one;  Buying Final Fantasy X-2 at full price.  Need I elaborate?

Edit:  I got one more for you guys; Wasting 40+ hours of my life playing Tales of Legendia.

For some reason, I kept believing the plot, the characters, and the gameplay itself would get better, but I was VERY wrong.  I even played the epilogue all the way through, only to be disappointed in the end.  I guess I should have took that review seriously;

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/talesoflegendia/index.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 03:07:10 AM by Zadok83 » Logged
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 07:33:40 AM »

I didn't think Tales of Legendia was that bad, but yeah, I had to spam Holy Bottles a lot.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 07:58:10 AM »

Decling to buy Valkyrie Profile when it was still available and buying some FPS instead. It's one of the few almost universally acclaimed PSX titles I never got to play.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 08:24:21 AM »

Giving my NES to my cousin when I got a Genesis, I also gave a bunch of other things like transformers at the same time. I eventually got the transformers back at least.

Selling my Atari 2600 when I needed some cash sucked too. I had like 35 games. It was the last time I ever sold a system for money. I sold a DS a couple years ago but I had 3 so it wasn't a big deal.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 08:43:08 AM »

Not buying the limited edition version of Nocturne when I saw it at Gamestop. I didn't know what Shin Megami Tensei was back then. I saw the box and thought, hey that looks cool. I ended up buying a Growlanser collection for PS2 that I didn't even like. I own Nocturne now, but I regret passing it up back then.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »

I regret losing copies of some amazing, and now really expensive PSX games.

Suikoden II - I've owned this game 2 times. The first time I was either in middle school, or a freshman in high school. Anyway, I had no idea how rare the game was, and I really didn't get into the story at all (my mind wasn't suited to that kind of story, I was still on epic save the world quests), so I sold it. And I'm sure it was for dirt cheap since I sold it to a Funcoland. Some years later a friend of mine gets it for me for my birthday. I mean, he got it through somewhat illegal means (I don't mean bootlegging) but I was still pretty damn happy to have a copy again. That one got lost when I went to college and my parents renovated the house.

Valkyrie Profile - Another one I bought early in high school when I really didn't recognize the value of certain games. I bought it because by then I had become a freaking tri-ace zombie and would have mindlessly bought any game they put out. And once I beat it, I sold it because that's just what people did back then. I guess. Collecting wasn't that big a deal. I guess it still really isn't too big a deal, but after a while, for some reason, I could never get rid of my PSX games, and this is a game I wish I had hung on to.

Vagrant Story - This is probably the ultimate regret because I freaking loved this game. I had to beg my mom to get it and I played the hell out of it. I don't remember understanding a damn thing from it other than the fact that I had a lot of fun playing it. This is still in my high school days. I remember there being this service that started up for swapping and lending games that helped track things. I was dumb and thought it might be cool to use, so I signed up. Little did I know, it was basically nothing more than like a message board that let users track their lendings and stuff, but didn't actually regulate shit. I was still not wholly aware of the value of certain games (and I don't think there was ever a moment where Vagrant Story wasn't worth something) so I gladly sent Vagrant Story off expecting to get a copy of some other game I wanted. I never got the other game. I never saw Vagrant Story again.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 09:26:47 AM »

Azrael, I sold nearly all of my video games a few years ago. Here's just some of what I got rid of:

Lunar: SSSC
Lunar 2: EBC
Front Mission 3
Legend of Mana
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Vagrant Story
Xenogears
Dark Cloud 2
Disgaea
La Pucelle: Tactics
Makai Kingdom
Phantom Brave
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

All of them were near mint, non-greatest hits. Chances are, if you frequented RPGFan five years ago and bought games from other members, you ended up with one of my titles.

But honestly, there were just sitting there collecting dust. I don't have a collector's mentality anymore about something like video games.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 10:21:17 AM »

I know I bought games off of you five years ago. I saw the PM in my inbox a few weeks ago. What's funny is two years after I bought it, I also went and sold everything (except for 7 PSX games which I still have). I know one of the games I bought was Star Ocean 3. Anyway, fast forward to today and my cousin gives me his PS2...and I buy Star Ocean 3. This is the third time I've bought it.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I traded in my SNES for the Jaguar.

Such a foolish decision... But prompt a young boy with the promise of more bits and all hell breaks loose.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: