Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 05:21:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327455 Posts in 13408 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Gaming Regrets...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Gaming Regrets...  (Read 3574 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 01:29:25 AM »

I don't have any "can't fix it" regrets. My only "regrets" at this point is my insane backlog of games I'd like to play but haven't. But I can fix that if I don't die anytime soon.

Oh... I did intentionally delete my little brother's save in Grandia (8 hours in) when I was 14. It was a total dick move.

But then it came out on PSN and I played it. When I reached the 8 hour mark, I made a separate save, bought another copy of it on PSN on my little brother's PS3, and surprised him with it. This was 12 years in the making, and he nearly forgot about it. Now he's playing through it from that point (I gave him a reminder on the events leading up to that point, which was the Feena abducting silly thing. Something about getting married).

So I regretted that, but I made amends. Just took me a little over a decade.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 09:49:30 AM »

I don't have my Pokemon Blue cartridge anymore.

I... feel the same way. I mean I honestly thing it was the worst generation in the series, I guess, just 'cause there wasn't that much to it, but... Childhods :(

Speaking of the childhods going back and replaying old games has been a fairly mixed bag, or as they say in mexico eine Tasche gemischtes. It's lead to a lot of the hatin' for old favz but has also lead to the newfound apprecation' of some of old hates. So I really dunno.

Also kind of regret not buying the mac version of alien crossfire. I mean, yes, mac version, but I could've gotten it to work in window. It's mostly datafiles anyway and those shouldn't be platform specific.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Belmondo of Blood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »

Passing up a 15 dollar copy of Shining Force 3 brand new from Babbages before it was absorbed by Funcoland.  And getting rid of my copies of Legend of Mana, Xenogears and my pride. (sobs)
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 12:41:02 PM »

Oh... I did intentionally delete my little brother's save in Grandia (8 hours in) when I was 14. It was a total dick move.

I grew up with two cousins, and they would always fight and bicker with each other. I thought it was HILARIOUS how they would sneak onto each others' memory cards and delete save files out of revenge. Like 35-hour saves too. I'd be PISSED if my save files disappeared, but hey it's a great way to get someone pissed off.

As for my regrets, I guess just not being committed enough to completing games anymore. Am I just getting old? Am I just not into games anymore? I hope not.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 01:40:05 PM »

None.

Maybe not wasting my time on some real crappers... then again, I'm pretty good at avoiding crap, because I read up on everything first. But what possessed me to buy SO3 is beyond me (I think it was during a gaming lul).

Nope, I've only sold games that I hate, I've never sold a console that wasn't already backwards compatible with something else that I have. So I can't share in any of your tales of woe.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »

I traded in Brave Fencer Musashi like a jackass. Also lost Beyond the Beyond, but that's easy enough to find. I'm the only person I know who loved that game

I also misplaced the awesome hardcover strategy guides for Lunar and Lunar 2, as well as the guide for Vanguard Bandits. Those were so cool...

In another moment of supreme glory, I let someone borrow my NES and a crapload of awesomme stuff, like the FF1 Strategy guide and the game, the Gold Zelda cart, and a bunch of other great stuff.  Never saw it again.

Traded my game boy for a game gear. That was dumb.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »

Passing up a 15 dollar copy of Shining Force 3 brand new from Babbages before it was absorbed by Funcoland.  And getting rid of my copies of Legend of Mana, Xenogears and my pride. (sobs)

Similarly, passing up on a $20 copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga because I was too shy to tell my parents I wanted to go inside of a store.

Selling my copy of Shining Force I for $16 of credit, and using it to buy some forgettable FMV-based Star Wars shooter.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 12:52:05 AM »

Also lost Beyond the Beyond, but that's easy enough to find. I'm the only person I know who loved that game

Beyon the Beynd was okay. I can't say I loved it but I mean, there are game I like WAY less. Like Star Ocean 3.

What I alway found funny is that Golden Sun got a really good reception, even though it really just struck me as a portable Beyond the Beyond. i mean I'm pretty sure they even shared some art assets.

The funny thing is I can't think of a huge number of game I regret passing up. It's... in the age of Steam and Gog it's easy to get old games. And frankly I spent enough time hanging around flea markets when I was younger to get practically all of the old PC games I could ever have possibly wanted. Enough time on eBay getting the few imports I really wanted. Shit's cheap if you know where to look, you know?

Don't really regret buying anything, either. Money's money and time's time. Neither really matter that much when you've got some distance.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Belmondo of Blood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 11:51:05 AM »

Similarly, passing up on a $20 copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga because I was too shy to tell my parents I wanted to go inside of a store.

Selling my copy of Shining Force I for $16 of credit, and using it to buy some forgettable FMV-based Star Wars shooter.

Ouch, passing up Panzer Saga, our souls have been mutually burned by our choices...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: