Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335279 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  2011 - The best year ever?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: 2011 - The best year ever?  (Read 5839 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »

There's not much of interest coming out for me anytime soon. Even Dragon Age II just looks "blah" so far.

This reminds me... is someone around here going to wait for the "Ultimate Edition" of Dragon Age II? Origins was pretty expensive is you bought it on day 1, with all the DLC and stuff for what I remember.

The game looks good, but to buy it on launch day? Dunno. Personally, I rather wait a bit for the reviews, fan reception, updates and DLC(s) first.

Maybe that's just me I guess.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »

Normally I would do that but I don't feel like waiting another year or more for more Dragon Age. I'm not much of a DLC guy anyway, but I would jump on a bigger expansion type DLC like Awakenings.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »

I'll see what I think of the demo, but unless it's either a huge disappointment or just runs like absolute crap (the latter's more important, demoes can be a poor indicator for quality but a good one for performance) I'll probably go for the game still. The DLC/expansions I can just grab up in an ultimate edition that goes on sale, as the case was for DA:O.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »

Is the Dragon Age DLC really all that worth it anyway? I mean, besides Awakening?

Me, I'm trying to limit myself to a game a month. This month and next month there are too many damn choices, so I'm just gonna hope that summer is slow for games. Already I have Mass Effect 2 PS3 which I need to BEAT, and I want Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Killzone 3, 3rd Birthday, Deus Ex, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Mass Effect 3, and a bunch of stuff I can't think of right now. I'm also hoping Modern Warfare 3 doesn't suck.

There's a bunch of others that I do want, but not as much as those and may fall by the wayside/will get later for money and time purposes. Mainly Radiant Historia and Tactics Ogre. However, knowing Atlus I have the feeling I should get RH anyway before it disappears. Plus Shimomura rocks.

I'm actually not a Dragon Age person but I may try the demo for DAII anyway just to see if I'm wrong in that regard. :P

@ Yoda, re: Dark Souls, Bamdai said something about aiming for later this year. So..we shall see!

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »

My plan is to ignore most console releases and focus more on handheld ones. Handheld titles seem to have more trouble selling as of late, and the price drops are either smaller or outright less likely to happen. DA2's an exception, and Portal 3 2 MAY be.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 02:21:27 PM by Eusis » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »

Portal 3? Are you skipping the second Portal, Eus? Cause you may be waiting a while for the 3rd one. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 02:21:41 PM »

I, uhh, crap.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »

Haha, I'm just bugging ya.

...oh, yes. I still need to play the FIRST Portal. Yikes. Goal for 2011: setting up Steam on my MacBook.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »

Man, I can't possibly afford all the games I want. I still need money to buy Final Fantasy IV Collection, The 3rd Birthday, and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3. D=

And Yeah, I'll be waiting it out for the Ultimate edition of Dragon Age II. Hell, I still need to get the first Dragon Age Ultimate Edition.=P

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »

Is the Dragon Age DLC really all that worth it anyway? I mean, besides Awakening?

I played warden's keep, awakening, the one where you get shale, and the one where you play as darkspawn.

The darkspawn one was very lame.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 02:52:19 PM »

Nope. It would have been great if instead of releasing a bunch of DLCs Bioware concentrated on a proper expansion. Awakening had so much wasted potential.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 02:57:32 PM »

Yeah, I wondered about that when the Ultimate Edition was announced and I realized the game has SEVEN DLC.

I haven't gotten to the Mass Effect 2 DLC yet, but from what I hear they're much better than the DA ones.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 03:00:26 PM »

I don't get the hate for Awakenings. You get some new areas to explore, a big keep to upgrade and defend, you have to put down a riot, interesting and new characters, a good sized city with it's own bevy of quests, and new items and spells. That sounds exactly what an expansion should be to me

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »

Awakening is great for the same very reasons you mentioned. Actually I like it more than the main DAO quest. The wasted potential is how hushed everything was (ending sequence or the talk with the Architect, to cite a few examples) or how limited you were when dealing with your party members. I wanted to know more, to explore more, but the game wouldn't let me.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »

I had fun with Awakenings, but it really bothered me how disconnected it felt from the main game.  Like your decisions there didn't actually matter.  And yeah, the ending was kind of...abrupt.

The Stone Prisoner DLC was great, though I got it for free as a pre-order bonus.  If I recall correctly it was kind of overpriced if you actually had to buy it.  I also enjoyed Leliana's Song, but then I liked Leliana.  I feel like I'm in the minority there.  If you didn't like her then you wouldn't get much out of that DLC.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: