Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 12:22:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331779 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  2011 - The best year ever?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: 2011 - The best year ever?  (Read 5749 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »

Looking at 2011, it's been a long while since there were so many games I want packed in 365 days. Looking at the incoming big/revolutionary titles, we are getting (I probably forgot some, so say and I'll edit the list) it makes me wonder if there was ever a better year to be a gamer.

Non-RPG:
Katawa Shoujo

Is that actually coming out this year?  I thought it was in eternal limbo or something.

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.com/

« So that's where the project currently stands. The coming months are going to be a busy time in preparation for release, but rest assured that Katawa Shoujo will be released in 2011. »
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 12:35:09 AM »

thanks for the link.  I'll be looking forward to the game
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »

I think the only Non-RPGs I want this year are The 3rd Birthday, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, and Arcana Hearts 3 (assuming I get a PS3 this year). Looks like another big year for RPGs this year, and maybe this time I'll actually play them.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 09:01:29 AM »

Supposedly there is a new max payne as well this year.

I never played 2 but the first was played the fuck out of by me
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »

Supposedly there is a new max payne as well this year.

There's a reason people aren't listing it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 03:09:43 PM »

I might be wrong, but Max Payne 3 isn't one of those games that "is going to be released when is ready". After all these years the game is at this point, literally, vaporware (until proven otherwise).
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2011, 03:00:43 AM »

Man, I can't believe that we are in May now... E3 is around the corner, everyone is talking about how awesome Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat are, Osama is death, PSN is still down, the 3DS still doesn't have any decent games to justify the purchase of the damn thing, people are still buying the Wii even that I will never know why, Microsoft seems that is going to talk about how mind blowing the new Kinect games are going to be for this Summer (with Forza 4, Child of Eden and what not) and Sony will have to give free blowjobs for everyone in their conference aside for showing more of the NGP and their exclusives for the PS3.

What else? Oh yeah, that new Nintendo console thing that looks really weird.

But this month, what game do we have to get bored playing this month? L.A. Noire, this is definitely going to be the next big thing for the rest of the month until E3 happens, I'm pretty sure.

Seriously, There's not much else to look forward to other than L.A. Noire. Or maybe I'm missing something here? Either way, June looks pretty decent so far.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2011, 10:22:48 AM »

I've updated the scores of some games (Awesome = ~95%, Okay = ~85%, Underwhelming = ~75%).
Up to now we have 3 high quality game for the year and I'm still thinking the best is to come this summer.
Still a bit bummed that DA2 didn't use its full potential; that's a potential awesome that failed to deliver as well as it could have had.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2011, 12:51:54 PM »

I've updated the scores of some games (Awesome = ~95%, Okay = ~85%, Underwhelming = ~75%).

Wait, is this based off Metacritic? Because not only is it case by case whether 70-range is actually underwhelming or not, but I think it's HEAVILY misleading to go with this sort of three tier system then throw a lot of the year's better titles under the OKAY one, even ones that are mostly loved here like Radiant Historia. The 80-range really ARE very good scores!

Oh, yeah. ME3 needs to be crossed out or deleted or something, it's been delayed to 2012.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:54:58 PM by Eusis » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »

Man, I can't believe that we are in May now... E3 is around the corner, everyone is talking about how awesome Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat are, Osama is death, PSN is still down, the 3DS still doesn't have any decent games to justify the purchase of the damn thing, people are still buying the Wii even that I will never know why, Microsoft seems that is going to talk about how mind blowing the new Kinect games are going to be for this Summer (with Forza 4, Child of Eden and what not) and Sony will have to give free blowjobs for everyone in their conference aside for showing more of the NGP and their exclusives for the PS3.

What else? Oh yeah, that new Nintendo console thing that looks really weird.

But this month, what game do we have to get bored playing this month? L.A. Noire, this is definitely going to be the next big thing for the rest of the month until E3 happens, I'm pretty sure.

Seriously, There's not much else to look forward to other than L.A. Noire. Or maybe I'm missing something here? Either way, June looks pretty decent so far.

Are you serious? The witcher 2 is out this month and it's going to blow our socks off.

Anyway, this year has been fantastic for me so far.

The best so far for me:

Yakuza 4
Dead Space 2
Portal 2

We've had some fantastic first person shooters (Killzone 3 and Crysis 2) and beat'em ups (MvC3 and Mortal Kombat).
Little Big Planet 2 is another of this year's greats.

This month there's LA Noire and The Witcher2

Summer will be amazing for me:

June: Infamous 2 and Duke Nukem.
July: Catherine and Dark Souls (FUCK!!!)
August: Deus EX
September: Resistance 3

Journey will also be released this summer but there's no exact release date yet.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:10:23 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 01:03:37 PM »

Updated the lexicon and yeah, I'm using an average of RPGfan + metacritics + metacritics users.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »

I know some people have been expressing disappoint with 2011 so far...I think these people are crazy.

The year isn't even half over and we've already seen two of my favorite handheld RPGs ever (Radiant Historia and Trails in the Sky).  DA2 didn't live up to its full potential but it was still a fun game.  And of course Portal 2 is amazing but don't forget LittleBigPlanet 2, Okamiden, Yakuza 4, and various fighting games that I don't care too much about personally but I know some people do ;)  And say what you will about Ar Tonelico Qoga but I still enjoyed it.

What do we have to look forward to?  Just LA Noire, Witcher 2, Catherine, Infamous 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, White Knight Chroincles 2, Disgaea 4, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, etc.  Possibly Tales of Graces f if that ever gets a release date.  And of course the requisite end-of-the-year shooter smorgasbord.

I'm still working on my backlog...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2011, 02:17:06 PM »

Are you serious? The witcher 2 is out this month and it's going to blow our socks off.

I totally forgot that The Witcher 2 comes out this month.

Either way, I will not be able to play it. And honestly I really don't see myself having a good time with The Witcher 2 right now.

I'm not in the mood to play it, maybe I'll just watch a let's play. Yeah I know, blasphemy and all that fancy stuff but I rather see how pretty is the game and enjoying the story, characters and dialog rather than be bothered with the systems and mechanics of the game.

I'm saving all my energy for Deus Ex 3 you know, my body must be ready for that game.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 03:26:14 PM »

ME3 alone will make 2012 awesome.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile