Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 10:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337900 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Co-op RPGs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Co-op RPGs  (Read 4406 times)
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »

Phantasy Star Portable 2. Dragon Quest 9, Fable 3.

I'm such an idiot.I can't believe I forgot those 3
OH NOES! The pink is spreading to your posts here too. I told you to wear protection, but you wouldn't listen.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »

Legend of Mana

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »

Legend of Mana

Argh!  I can't believe I forgot that after going with Secret of....  I liked 2P of this too.

Otherwise, I think bro and I made use of other genres for our 2p joy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 08:01:19 PM »

Hey

I'm looking for RPGs for 2 players. Complete co-op would be good, but only in fights like in the Tales games is good enough I guess. Platform doesn't matter,

If you're willing to go to the previous generation check out the Baldur's Gate games for PS2 or Xbox. They have to be cheap as fuck these days.

I had a ton of fun playing those with a friend.

actually baldurs gate 2 is like $50 still   D: maybe its rare or something? i remember buying it used for like $20! year ago!

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »

Hey

I'm looking for RPGs for 2 players. Complete co-op would be good, but only in fights like in the Tales games is good enough I guess. Platform doesn't matter,

Not too many out there.You could try Eternal Sonata,Sacred 2,Demons Souls,Monster Hunter Freedom Unite,Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep & 358/2 or White Knight Chronicles.

It should also be noted that both Eternal Sonata and KH 358/2 sucked ass. And you should avoid White Knight Chronicles until #2 comes out as #2 includes all of #1 while also being vastly superior.

LoM's multiplayer sucks ass as well. Namely because the combat system was terrible to begin with, and mostly due to the fact that the second player was either stuck with the weak ass plot characters or their own main character which meant that you couldn't bring in the weak ass plot characters to the party to accept even half the missions or advance any of the plots at all. And nobody gets to control either the Golem or the Pet Monster, both of which were pound for pound vastly superior to even your character.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 06:33:19 PM »

SD2 and 3 didn't have very good co-op either. SD2 is just an exercise in getting your douchebag friend to not get stuck on the scenery thus preventing you from ever advancing the screen.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 07:41:40 PM »

Hey

If you're willing to go to the previous generation check out the Baldur's Gate games for PS2 or Xbox. They have to be cheap as fuck these days.

I had a ton of fun playing those with a friend.

actually baldurs gate 2 is like $50 still   D: maybe its rare or something? i remember buying it used for like $20! year ago!

Wow that's odd! I say it's worth it though if you're wanting a good completely co-op game.

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 12:29:18 PM »

Who can forget Gauntlet Legends?

If you have a Saturn (I know most people don't  but its too good not to mention) there is Guardian Heroes. Multiple story paths, multiple endings,tons of storyline influencing choices, weapon upgrading, level up system  and classic 2d beat em style gameplay. It also had a massive free for all battle royal vs mode.There was a sequel for the Gameboy Advance, but  I do not know how good it was though.

This is a cool game. In fact I just recently reviewed at on my blog (see my signature). Other interesting beat 'em ups in the same vein include the Capcom D&D games (for arcade and import Sega Saturn). They actually follow many more of the rules of D&D then you might imagine. There's also Capcom's King of the Dragons which is much simpler but still fun.

Advanced Guardian Heroes was great, but plagued with slowdown.

I'm going to have to disagree, Advanced wasn't just a bad follow up to the original, it was a bad game. The fact that the system required countering attacks to survive undermines everything beat 'em ups stand for. Plus it was just sloppy and showed a general lack of imagination and effort.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:31:00 PM by Willy Elektrix » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »

My god Guardian Heroes was amazing. I only played an import version (was it ever localized?) so I had no idea what was going on.

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »

My god Guardian Heroes was amazing. I only played an import version (was it ever localized?) so I had no idea what was going on.

It was localized but it's pretty sought after so expect to pay in the $100 range for it. Sadly the wordy story is totally boring and meaningless so you aren't missing much there.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 01:59:01 PM »

That's actually a game I would pay that much for. Something like earthbound... not so much.

Guardian heroes has HIGH playability
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 04:37:50 PM »

That's actually a game I would pay that much for. Something like earthbound... not so much.

Guardian heroes has HIGH playability

What's great about classic games is that they tend to retain (or increase) value. So probably you can resell it for at least as much as you bought it for. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself with all of my import Saturn games.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »

Who can forget Gauntlet Legends?

AMEN!

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »

Gauntlet Legends.

So much wasted coin money from arcade. So much wasted coin money from Squirty Worm and skating rinks for I could not to skate.

Days of childhood, lost. Sadness ensues.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 08:40:47 PM »

I'm stealing the OP's thunder here, but I was wondering if Tales of Vesperia would be a good co-op game to play with my dad. He hasn't played any game seriously since I adopted his PS2 6 or so years ago.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: