Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 02:18:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329973 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Star Ocean 2 questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Star Ocean 2 questions  (Read 5862 times)
EurAsianGirl
Restricted Members

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2011, 12:05:16 AM »

Okay I love Star Ocean 2, but there are a couple of things about the pairing system that baffles me.

I'm a little confused about the whole system. So apparently while same-sex characters can end up together only their FP counts and not their RP right?? Well if that's so then how come they still have RP for each other and it can get raised?? What's the point of that?? I know for sure Claude and Ashton have an Armlock Date PA that raises RP, and all of Leon's PA's with Claude raises not just FP but RP as well. Are there two different endings for Same-sex couples, one for friendship and one for romance???? Please explain this to me.

Also can Bowman end up romantically with any of the girls if he's already married??

Anyone who has played and beaten either/and Star Ocean Second Story and Second Evolution please help me out here.

Avid Grandia and Lunar Fan
Awaiting Tales Of Graces F, Rune Factory Oceans, Ar Tonelico 3 and Harvest Moon Twin Leaf Villiage.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 03:23:50 AM »

This belongs in the Helper Monkey area.... but you're new and us RPGfan people are shockingly independant.

Um, as far as I know there is only one ending for same sexy couples.  And they give more of the "bromance" vibe, though people looking for that sort of thing may read otherwise (like how many of these fan-relations work, but I guess that's what freeing and funfun about SO2).  The second question can be answered by YouTube or a Gamefaqs topic (IIRC) that actually briefs on the endings.... mannny really aren't that exciting, and I'm glad they abolished the system because, fo such a short title, not that many really get their due development let alone PAs (worst yet, a lot of character's have to get these endings through battle relations insteadof fucking around and getting to know peeps in PAs....fucken PAs, hey're awesome and awfyl).

I hope that made sense, I'm kinda drunkr.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:27:16 AM »

Ultimately there are 2 stats:
- love
- friendliness

Pretty much the only way to affect these are through Private Actions (PA). Some decision in the game will also change them.
Ending = love high > friend high
if equals, the game has a predetermined order of priority for each character.
There is also a base amount of love and friendliness between each character. Some start very high, ie: if playing the Rena side, you start only 2-3 points away from love (actually making it very hard to not end with Claude...  but who wouldn't want that???).
Most of the time, it's pretty much impossible to put characters together unless you follow a FAQ and aim for it only. Although some pairings are just impossible (Noel x Ashton wtf?)

The easy ones to get are:
Claude & Rena
Rena & Claude
Claude & Celine
Rena & Dias
Claude & Leon (must be mean to all the girls)
Ashton & Elleonore (special one, if the PA and sidequest with the NPC are completed, Elleonore will take priority over all other)
Celine & Chris (special one too, Rena side only. Done like the one above)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:30:11 AM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 11:57:02 PM »

I hated that Chris sidequest... sometimes it activated and sometime it didnt, and sometimes I still got Celine's alone-only PA

EurAsianGirl
Restricted Members

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »

So then romance points have priority over friendship points huh.  Does that mean there are gay endings after all.

Avid Grandia and Lunar Fan
Awaiting Tales Of Graces F, Rune Factory Oceans, Ar Tonelico 3 and Harvest Moon Twin Leaf Villiage.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »

So then romance points have priority over friendship points huh.  Does that mean there are gay endings after all.

Like I said, they're more "bromance".

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 06:42:29 PM »

Like I said, they're more "bromance".

Bromance equals

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 12:48:59 PM »

I was going to start a new topic for this, but I guess this topic's title suits me just fine.  I've been playing Star Ocean 2 for the first time (using the PSP remake) and a have a few questions. 

I've been trying for a few hours to get the Green Upgrade that teaches me the skill Hyper Launcher.  I've been using Level 10 Orchestra and Opera has Level 10 Machinist, but zero luck (and plenty of Black and White Upgrades).  Is there any kind of equipment or stat bonus that will increase my chances?  Is the violin song that increases item luck better than Orchestra? 

I heard something about a Limiter that changes Gabriel / Indalecio's stats.  If I do the PA that activates this, will he become stronger or weaker?  The source I looked at wasn't clear.  Note: I *don't* want to fight the stronger version. 

I've been using Customization and Blacksmith for all of my weapons and armor needs.  Is there anything better in Fun City or the final few dungeons?  I'm not interested in trying the optional dungeon quite yet. 

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »

I've been trying for a few hours to get the Green Upgrade that teaches me the skill Hyper Launcher.  I've been using Level 10 Orchestra and Opera has Level 10 Machinist, but zero luck (and plenty of Black and White Upgrades).  Is there any kind of equipment or stat bonus that will increase my chances?  Is the violin song that increases item luck better than Orchestra?

Violin is the success enhancer.
LUK increases crafting chances (equip an accessory with LUK)

I heard something about a Limiter that changes Gabriel / Indalecio's stats.  If I do the PA that activates this, will he become stronger or weaker? The source I looked at wasn't clear.  Note: I *don't* want to fight the stronger version.

If you see the PA, he will be forever stronger.
He's not that much more scary frankly. With proper technique you shouldn't have any problems.
If you end up having problems, just copycat what I did in those vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYH6b1nLSNU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bjl2s4tl8

I've been using Customization and Blacksmith for all of my weapons and armor needs.  Is there anything better in Fun City or the final few dungeons?  I'm not interested in trying the optional dungeon quite yet. 

The optional dungeon is by far the best gear. Other than that, most of the good stuff is crafted.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 12:23:34 AM »

There's also the item that improves chances of success and improves creation quality.  I forget what it's called but I remember that wben you had it and used customization, unless your recipe created a specific weapon, it would make the best weapon you could normally obtain through it...

Been a while since I last played Star Ocean 2.

TASTY!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: