Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 04:06:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329495 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Sorry/ RPG graphics debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Sorry/ RPG graphics debate  (Read 9227 times)
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »

Check the second page.

PREPARE TO DIE

beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »

I never bought a game based on visuals alone. Visuals aren't the key factor here, you buy games to play them, the gameplay should be the motivating factor here.

This. A game could have beautiful graphics, and yet have boring or bad gameplay.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »

Check the second page.

PREPARE TO DIE

Once I had a dream that I was stuck in a really long winding hallway and there were all sorts of scary monsters in that hallway with me. Whenever one would jump out of the dark and attack me I would freak out but then realized if I could just reach the X button the monsters would die on their own.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:34:24 PM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2011, 05:36:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFpJnmtZvEg

WRPGs win.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 06:06:33 PM »

FILTHY GRAPHIC AND WRPG WHORES!!!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »

I never bought a game based on visuals alone. Visuals aren't the key factor here, you buy games to play them, the gameplay should be the motivating factor here.
Like I said, I want them to look good but I'll take good gameplay with bad graphics over bad gameplay with good graphics any day of the week. I'm very careful with my purchases so usually I end up buying games that have both, but some titles are worth checking out even if enjoying them requires you to ignore some bad visuals.

Thinking more about it for a while there are certainly games I picked up based on the visual, even knowing the gameplay wasn't all that but they were survivor horrors. I don't mean that the graphics have to be clear sharp but the way the mood is created with the graphics and everything helps.

For example, even if Dead Space has better graphics than Silent Hill 3, technically, I like the visual of Silent Hill 3 a lot more as it is much darker, bloodier and scarier. Even if Dead Space appeals more to me due to it being much more streamlined (can't have a more streamlined thing than a line on the ground telling you where to go) in Silent Hill 3 I really feel scared, just as in Fatal Frame 2, as opposed to Dead Space which is not scary at all (for me) and depends too much on cheap scares (not to mention the horrible plot but that's my view on it).

My point ? It's the same someone said before, you can't have Demon's Souls with Tales of graphics, it just doesn't work. I'd rather have an uglier game that makes sense than a prettier game that doesn't reach its potential.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:11 PM »

It's the same someone said before, you can't have Demon's Souls with Tales of graphics, it just doesn't work.

It's the same someone said before, you can't have Demon's Souls with Tales of graphics, it just doesn't work.

Demon's Souls with Tales of graphics

OH MY GOD THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN, NOW.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 07:04:38 PM »

I'd play it.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 07:28:08 PM »

Can we ban this troll already

thats... pretty funny....coming from you!

on topic. considering the limited control you have in most rpgs i think at least decent graphics is a must.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 08:05:50 PM »

Quite frankly, I don't like playing as a masculine man-hero all the time.... and Shepard is as interesting as a caveman. =/

The day we find balance between W and J, I will be smiles.  I find it amazing how it's one or the other though.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »

Quite frankly, I don't like playing as a masculine man-hero all the time.... and Shepard is as interesting as a caveman. =/

The day we find balance between W and J, I will be smiles.  I find it amazing how it's one or the other though.

Hoping for that as well.A perfect fusion of a JRPG with a WRPG.Everything best from both ends,leaving out the Japanese cheese and Western ham.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 08:20:06 PM »

Hoping for that as well.A perfect fusion of a JRPG with a WRPG.Everything best from both ends,leaving out the Japanese cheese and Western ham.

Actually, it's partly my theory that explains FF-continuous JRPG success.  The fact they switch to "realistic" models. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 08:51:29 PM »

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »

Thoren shut up this + last nights thread are like the most entertaining thing in the history of ever also why are we posting pictures of Coolio now

SHOOPUFF MOTHERFUCKS, DO YOU RIDESS ZE????
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:12:48 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: