Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:14:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329966 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  the MC's in black/white
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: the MC's in black/white  (Read 2252 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:07 PM »

look much better than previous ones. i recently got into pokemon again and am playing heart gold and the female mc in that game looked really dumb. the ones in black/white also look a little older than usual.

if your not famiiliar:

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:59:34 PM »

Eh, they're not bad but I wouldn't call it a massive improvement. The guy doesn't look bad. The girl's suffering from stupid hair and crappy shorts.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »

Eh, they're not bad but I wouldn't call it a massive improvement. The guy doesn't look bad. The girl's suffering from stupid hair and crappy shorts.

THe guy looks practical, kinda 70's.  The girl's shorts make her look poor or trying to hard to prostitute pokemon off of people.
Definitely better than what we've had though.  I hated the one chick with the round-sphere-like hat, and the one who had pigtails that went like "V" shape.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »

Heh, strangely enough I was thinking the same thing about Touko's outfit. I just didn't want to say it. XD

As far comparing the new MCs to past ones I have to say for guys the Touya is probably the best so far, second to a color balanced Red. For females Leaf or Dawn's winter outfit is still best. Although Kate takes the prize if we're counting Ranger games for best outfit.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 08:57:22 PM »

@Female: My god it's like Ru Paul and Daisy Duke had a kid, but then the kid started dressing like Amy Winehouse. And now Ru Paul cries to sleep every night because they don't know what went wrong, and Daisy is hittin' the hardstuff.

@Male: Probably a girl with tape and a packer. Also the hell is up with the ankles, that cannot be just pantswrinkles.

Overall thoughts: Cute tranny girl/boy amputee that I would probably make out with despite the ambiguous gender, creepy druggy daughter that disappointed her family and will probably die after trying to hotbox a cyndaquil, and all in all a hell of a lot better than Pearl/Diamond.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 11:23:36 PM »

Wait, which part is stupid, the ponytail? That's actually pretty normal for an anime game.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 01:44:14 AM »

Wait, which part is stupid, the ponytail? That's actually pretty normal for an anime game.

The ponytail doesn't bug me. It's those two dangly things she's got coming out of the sides of her head that look normal until you hit that huge O shape near the tips. It looks like she has two lantern fish antennae and I cannot get that image out of my head every time I look at her. And on top of that put together those O hair balls are large enough to obscure her entire face if the wind blew in the right direction.

Heck if you solidified them with gel Touko could beat wild pokemon with them for easy captures.

Touko used Hair Whip.
It's super effective!
Wild Onyx fainted.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:46:01 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 01:57:34 AM »

I never bother even caring what the male MC looks like I'm always a girl. That said the girl;s cute enough, but those winged shorts are atrocious. Like the hair though

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:30:08 AM »

The question is: will anybody be getting Black or White?

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »

I can't find it now, but I remember this funny picture comparing how manly the old Pokemon male MC's were to how girly they look now.

"Oh, a hunter..."
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 01:22:57 PM »

The question is: will anybody be getting Black or White?

I'll be getting one each. One for me, one for my wife. I've been browsing the new Pokemon designs and there are quite a few I find to be rather creative and appealing (and some that are just downright silly). Plus the 3 v 3 Emperor battles could be interesting.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 01:31:49 PM »

I've been browsing the new Pokemon designs and there are quite a few I find to be rather creative and appealing (and some that are just downright silly).

I know what you mean, this generation has the most adorable spider ever created by mankind.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 05:12:07 PM »

I've been browsing the new Pokemon designs and there are quite a few I find to be rather creative and appealing (and some that are just downright silly).

I know what you mean, this generation has the most adorable spider ever created by mankind.

Yet I still find it quite terrifying.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 05:14:32 PM »

In the pokemon world, I feel bad for the puppies and kitties who are tossed aside for cuter, colourfuller, name-saying pets that can breath fire and throw razor-leaves at the son of a bitch who tries to steal my stuff late at night.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 05:26:43 PM »

I actually have to say, the designs of this generation are my favorite yet (even above the original). I'm on the fence about this because I'm kind of burnt out on Heartgold right now, but it is a strong possibility.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: