Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 04:54:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327675 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana  (Read 4488 times)
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2006, 09:21:19 PM »

So who else is excited about this game? I haven't seen any hype surrounding this title (and I don't remember any threads on it, at least recently), but I am very much anticipating this game. It came out already in Japan a couple of days ago and I've had it preordered for a while, but apparently YesAsia ran out of stock or something, so I won't be getting my paws on it for a few more days.

The Seiken Densetsu games have usually been top-notch as far as aesthetics are concerned and I'm looking forward to seeing the visuals and hearing the soundtrack to this. I'm not expecting the gameplay to be revolutionary or anything, but should be fun nonetheless.

So yeah, thoughts, etc.? You know the drill.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 09:23:18 PM »

I'd like to have more games for my DS (as if 8 isn't enough for a system out just a year), so I definitely want this. And ofcourse, I want SD4 still.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 11:04:01 PM »

I am very much looking forward to the two new Seiken Densetsu games. While I usually agree that the story and characters can be a little bland in the series, they are fun games to play and look at. I'll most likely be picking it up if it becomes available.
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 01:33:28 AM »

I would rather have this on the PSP, but I knew if would be on theDS :P

I don't have a DS, but if I get it, this would be one title I would surely pick up.  I have been a Secret of Mana since its release here in America (Final Fantasy Adventure).

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:32:47 AM »

I'm definitely going to pick this one up.  I've played all of the older ones and I wanted an excuse to play them again.  So now, in order to "remember" the storyline, I can play them all again!  Then I'll play Children of Mana!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 06:41:38 AM »

Quote from: "Morridor"
I'm definitely going to pick this one up.  I've played all of the older ones and I wanted an excuse to play them again.  So now, in order to "remember" the storyline, I can play them all again!  Then I'll play Children of Mana!

Then you'll hit yourself if it winds up being unconnected anyway. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 08:37:31 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but it's been awhile, and this is pretty significant: 1up's preview. Sounds like it'll be good, but... Not what I was hoping for, and I imagine many are going to feel the same way.
LHX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 10:27:45 PM »

dint even know this game was coming out

should be hype

i call bluffs
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 04:33:41 PM »

I think the game looks good.  I am actually considering getting the game if it comes over to the US.

Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 10:45:18 PM »

For a fan of the Seiken Dentetsu series since I could read, this game definatly has my approval. While it may not possess the grandeur of its past counterparts, I couldnt ask for more from a portable game that isnt a re-do.

Aside, I also hope that this title provides some insight to the upcomming Seiken Dentetsu 5(?) that will be hitting the PS2 in the somewhat near future, which I am anticipating highly - way more than even the ever infamous Kingdom Hearts 2 US release.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 06:51:46 PM »

I'm resurrecting this thread cause I finally got the game in the mail yesterday and played it for a good five hours.

I can say honestly, it isn't quite what I expected. It's basically a dungeon crawler with only one town (the one you start from), which only has 2 houses you can actually enter. The battle system is fine (although everything has a very "bouncy" aspect to it), but I can't help but feel that there's something lacking.

Maybe things will turn out for the better as I put in more time into the title, but as of right now, I'm a little disappointed.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 12:25:30 AM »

Quote from: "V-Dawg"
I'm resurrecting this thread cause I finally got the game in the mail yesterday and played it for a good five hours.

I can say honestly, it isn't quite what I expected. It's basically a dungeon crawler with only one town (the one you start from), which only has 2 houses you can actually enter. The battle system is fine (although everything has a very "bouncy" aspect to it), but I can't help but feel that there's something lacking.

Maybe things will turn out for the better as I put in more time into the title, but as of right now, I'm a little disappointed.

Sounds pretty bad. One town, amazing...
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 05:59:06 PM »

Doesn't seem like it's doing spectacularly.

$23 shipped at Play-Asia this week.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-14qj.html

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 11:18:07 AM »

I loved Sword of Mana very much on GBA (I think it had awesome graphics and great music tracks) so I guess I will add Children of Mana to my collection.
Nairume

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 02:50:56 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Doesn't seem like it's doing spectacularly.

Seems like it sold fairly good to me. As of the 19th of last month, it had sold nearly 150,000 copies.
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6145

But, yeah, I'm not that bothered by CoM being a dungeon crawler. One of the biggest draws of the series since SoM was that it offered great multiplayer, and dungeon crawlers seem to be one of the better ways of going about multi-player RPGs.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: