Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318887 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Telltale Games (Tales from Monkey Island) announces a King's Quest Reboot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Telltale Games (Tales from Monkey Island) announces a King's Quest Reboot  (Read 893 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2011, 10:16:42 PM »

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/18/kings-quest-reboot-coming-courtesy-of-telltale

Telltale has plans to take us back to the kingdom of Daventry, confirming its King's Quest reboot is currently underway. "We have agreed to a multi-title, multiplatform deal to reboot the King's Quest franchise," Telltale SVP of marketing, Steve Allison, announced during a press event last night. "Much like we did with Tales of Monkey Island, we're rebooting King's Quest with all new episodic games and multiple series." He provided no details beyond that, but promised more would be revealed at E3 this June.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 03:26:31 AM »

I just want more Back to the Future for now Telltale.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 04:38:58 AM »

There were actually a ton of announcements from Telltale today.  Somebody ought to compile them all into a single post...somebody who isn't me, 'cause I'm busy.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 09:04:56 AM »

There were actually a ton of announcements from Telltale today.  Somebody ought to compile them all into a single post...somebody who isn't me, 'cause I'm busy.

Telltale announces:
King's Quest Reboot
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Puzzle Agent 2
The Walking Dead game (based on the comic)
Fables game

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »

Wow - those guys are awesome.  I loved Hector: Badge of Carnage. I'm excited to see more episodes come out.

Honestly, all of those announcements are sweet.  I just hope they're not overextending themselves...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »

Cool, I always wanted to play a King's Quest game. I might check this out.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:48:36 PM »

First: I hope they at least acknowledge The Silver Lining.

Second: There needs to be at least one walkway of death, and at least three different ways to entering a dead man walking state.

And Finally: I hope to god they get Graham's voice actor back.

Addendum: And NO Cedric. They've already dealt with that scourge back in the reimagining of KQII.

Addendum the Second: Not acknowledging Mask of Eternity would also be acceptable.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »

Is Roberta Williams involved with this in any way?
Bill

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 04:01:44 AM »

I doubt it. The deal probably involves just Telltale and Activision.

Williams (who's been traveling around the world on a yacht ever since retiring) and some other ex-Sierra designers have stated that they have no interest in making adventure games unless the genre becomes mainstream again. Something about wanting the resources and media attention of the best AAA games since their projects always got that back in the day.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »

I doubt it. The deal probably involves just Telltale and Activision.

Williams (who's been traveling around the world on a yacht ever since retiring) and some other ex-Sierra designers have stated that they have no interest in making adventure games unless the genre becomes mainstream again. Something about wanting the resources and media attention of the best AAA games since their projects always got that back in the day.

That's sad and makes them come off as doing what they do only for money, fans of their work be damned. I guess I'll never see any new work from them since I never see that style of game becoming mainstream. It sucks, because those old Lucas Arts/Sierra/Legend Entertainment graphic adventures are my fave games of all time. I like those even more than RPG's.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: