Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 08:09:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330118 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Support your local game store!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Support your local game store!  (Read 4463 times)
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »

Heh, the local mall around here used to have both an EB and a Babbages,  now they are both Gamestops.  That's right, two Gamestops in the same mall within 30 seconds of each other.  There's also another one 3 min down the road!  And they all want to sell me discount cards, extended warrenties, game reservations, blah blah blah.

There's no dedicated retro game store around here, but there's a bitchin' comic shop in Worcester, MA (about 45min away from me) called "That's Entertainment"  that has a pretty decent selection of everything last gen and prior, right down to Atari 2600 games.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 09:52:03 AM »

Upstate New Yorkers:

Just discovered that Jay st. Games has 2 locations, one in Crossgates and one in the mall on Wolf Road (forgot the name) their stock is getting better and better, and they have this crazy sweet retro cart player that takes NES, SNES, and Genesis carts, plus 4 controller slots for each and 4 for their pwn controller. It's pretty awesome.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »

Those multi-plat things are shady. My friend has been going back and fort w/ , retcon/retron?, for some time trying to get a system that worked 100%. Been some trouble with all the controller ports. On one the snes worked but the genesis didn't, so on and so forth.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011, 11:58:45 PM »

Yeah that's the one. Figures.
Remember they had those controllers you just plugged right into your tv a few years ago? They were pretty sketchy too, but they usually came loaded with a ton of 8bit retro goodness.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »

Heh, the local mall around here used to have both an EB and a Babbages,  now they are both Gamestops.  That's right, two Gamestops in the same mall within 30 seconds of each other.  There's also another one 3 min down the road!  And they all want to sell me discount cards, extended warrenties, game reservations, blah blah blah.

Same thing in my neck of the woods. Two in the only mall around, one a block away on the same street. One of them called to tell me that my Tactics Ogre pre-order had been cancelled, and I wound up having to go to all three. None of which are the ones closest to me.

I've already been to seven GameStops in my general location, looking for good deals on used games. (Tales of the Abyss w/ everything! Eternal Poison w/ soundtrack disc!). Yet none of them will allow me to pre-order Phantom Brave PSP.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:41:13 PM by Banestar » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2011, 02:00:12 PM »

Upstate New Yorkers:

Just discovered that Jay st. Games has 2 locations, one in Crossgates and one in the mall on Wolf Road (forgot the name) their stock is getting better and better, and they have this crazy sweet retro cart player that takes NES, SNES, and Genesis carts, plus 4 controller slots for each and 4 for their pwn controller. It's pretty awesome.

You're thinking of Colonie Center Mall, I just read it on their website. I just checked out their first location in Crossgates, place is a treasure trove. Well, maybe not a treasure trove, but it does have a lot of good stuff. Too bad I only brought $3.00 with me, but that still netted me Wipeout 64 (love that series), and I see they got Turok Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, which I'll be grabbing next time around...if they're still there.

Hopefully these guys last longer than Play 'n' Trade did. You remember that store? They had lots of good old games, but they went outta business before I had any old consoles.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:06:33 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: