Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334804 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGs that can be loaded on to the PSP cards?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: RPGs that can be loaded on to the PSP cards?  (Read 1331 times)
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »

Hi. First of all, yes I still would very much like to sell my psp...it was only used 4 times and is mint. Aside from that, in the event I can't sell it I'm still curious about rpgs that are to be released for this system. Does anyone know which rpgs (current and to be released titles) for this system that you can load or install on memory cards so you don't need the umd to play? If someone could provide a list that would be great. Thanks.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »

http://us.playstation.com/uwps/BrowseGames?console=pspgo,psp3000&beginsWith=Any
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:26:56 PM »

Just to clarify: you DO need to buy those over the PSN. You can't just install off a UMD and play them off of the stick, that's just way too easy to abuse.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:44:11 PM »

Just to clarify: you DO need to buy those over the PSN. You can't just install off a UMD and play them off of the stick, that's just way too easy to abuse.

Seriously? I thought I remember reading somewhere, maybe the back of a psp game box or a review that said and you have the option to install the game from the umd. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I did read that. And I don't remember what game it was.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »

There are games that support that - for faster loading.  It installs a portion of the game (usually art assets or things that need to be accessed frequently) to the memory stick.  Unless you buy it off of PSN, though, you need the UMD to play it.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 03:52:45 PM »

There are games that support that - for faster loading.  It installs a portion of the game (usually art assets or things that need to be accessed frequently) to the memory stick.  Unless you buy it off of PSN, though, you need the UMD to play it.
I knew there were games that support it but wasn't sure which ones. I don't buy games from psn, I was hoping in the event I play my psp again I could install games onto the cards. I hear some games have absolutely atrocious load times. I only buy the actual hard copy of a game. I want to support all the artists that worked on the game and that includes the artists that designed all the packaging for the included components (game box, game case, manual, bonus cd disc or any other extras.)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »

I knew there were games that support it but wasn't sure which ones. I don't buy games from psn, I was hoping in the event I play my psp again I could install games onto the cards. I hear some games have absolutely atrocious load times. I only buy the actual hard copy of a game. I want to support all the artists that worked on the game and that includes the artists that designed all the packaging for the included components (game box, game case, manual, bonus cd disc or any other extras.)

If you just want faster loading and don't want all your games with you wherever you go then you're good to go, most recent games either support it or outright do not need it. In the case of the latter it's Falcom games, Seven only has brief audio pauses before the voice clips and music are loaded in while I can't imagine Oath running better in a way that's perceptible.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »

I thought it was interesting that Kingdom Hearts: BBS actually includes three different levels of install to the memory stick.  I had the space, so I went freakin' nuts and did the biggest one. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »

On a quick note, if you download the game directly from PSN, you do not need to install data to the memory card, it has no effect.

TASTY!
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 11:28:27 AM »

If you just want faster loading and don't want all your games with you wherever you go then you're good to go, most recent games either support it or outright do not need it. In the case of the latter it's Falcom games, Seven only has brief audio pauses before the voice clips and music are loaded in while I can't imagine Oath running better in a way that's perceptible.

So the next time I go on vacation I could install a couple of my purchased hard copy games so I don't have to bring the umd's? I may have misunderstood.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »

So the next time I go on vacation I could install a couple of my purchased hard copy games so I don't have to bring the umd's? I may have misunderstood.

... That's exactly NOT what I was saying the first time.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:03:26 PM »

Is having to spend a ton of money on a massive memory stick worth the split seconds saved doing an install anyway? The load times aren't that bad really
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »

Is having to spend a ton of money on a massive memory stick worth the split seconds saved doing an install anyway? The load times aren't that bad really

Given how you can get 8 gig ones for $30 outside of a sale, and 16 gig ones for that much within a sale? Yes. There's also the ability to buy downloadable games, which also makes it very worthwhile.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »

Nope.  Do you have a PS3 or a 360?  It's like that.  You can install games to their hard drives, but you still have to put the disks in.  Same deal with the PSP.  If you buy a game on UMD, you always have to keep the UMD with you.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 03:06:07 PM »

I understand the whole process now. No, I don't have a 360 or PS3, nor do I want one now. Only have time for a couple rpgs here and there and even having 2 portable consoles is more than enough.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: