Author Topic: GamePro: The 14 Best Unreleased JRPGs

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: GamePro: The 14 Best Unreleased JRPGs
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 12:36:02 PM »
Man, I feel bad that I've played most of those games to some degree already. Goes to show how active I was during my emulating days.

Anyways, I agree that most of those games need to come to the US one way or another.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Jonathan Ingram

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »
The list lacks Samurai Spirits RPG for Neo-Geo CD and Front Mission 5, but otherwise it`s a pretty good list.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »
I'm surprised it was missing Xenoblade and Last Story.
It seems like those games are universally talked about as being just one game.

Probably because of their status as "Wii RPGs" made by some sort of prolific company. 

Wish Venus & Braves was up on there.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

MindCandy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 01:07:20 PM »
Seiken Densetsu 3 is amazing

Also, I know we got it eventually, but the fact that we didn't get Tales of Phantasia on the SNES is just plain sad. It just wasn't nearly as impressive on a portable. The game had a vocal soundtrack on an SNES, I mean come on!
Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 01:46:16 PM »

Also, I know we got it eventually, but the fact that we didn't get Tales of Phantasia on the SNES is just plain sad. It just wasn't nearly as impressive on a portable. The game had a vocal soundtrack on an SNES, I mean come on!

I remember launching the game with DeJap's translation and my jaw dropping hearing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haG-PiysN_I

Fei

• !?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 07:39:30 PM »

I remember launching the game with DeJap's translation and my jaw dropping hearing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haG-PiysN_I

Heck yeah, that music is absolutely perfect.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
tales of innocence?? isnt that for DS? if so theres a translation patch available for it.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

badsanta

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »
tales of innocence?? isnt that for DS? if so theres a translation patch available for it.

Which, again, quite a few of these titles have. Really, the author of the article should have done his research, and instead included titles we can't get period, as opposed to many that at least have some sort of means of access.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »
Really, the author of the article should have done his research, and instead included titles we can't get period, as opposed to many that at least have some sort of means of access.

Or you could've read the Editor's Note that took note of those! It IS named Unreleased rather than Untranslated for that reason, and he's fully aware of most if not all of those efforts, and I can't imagine who DOESN'T know about Mother 3's at this point.

badsanta

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 11:19:38 PM »
Really, the author of the article should have done his research, and instead included titles we can't get period, as opposed to many that at least have some sort of means of access.

Or you could've read the Editor's Note that took note of those! It IS named Unreleased rather than Untranslated for that reason, and he's fully aware of most if not all of those efforts, and I can't imagine who DOESN'T know about Mother 3's at this point.

Didn't see that; sorry...

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 12:50:45 AM »
SaGa 2 DS looked lame, SD3 was sort of a buggy mess and I can see why it never got a US release (read: being a buggy mess), and I liked Eternal Punishment more than IS although admittedly I didn't like Persona 2 much for some reason.

Also everyone tells me Snatcher SD was like a crappier version of the original.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2011, 01:33:18 AM »

It probably wouldn't have been so bad if the GBA port was by far the worst version of the game which was impressive given how many fixes were made over the original. (Did anyone else here notice how little some of those sprites in that video resembled the actual character designs?)
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

PotRoast

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »

Did DeJap ever finish the translation? I remember downloading an incomplete version that bugged out so I really didn't get the far in (maybe 45 minutes). It's one of the few games I'd still be willing to emulate if I found a good translation.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 07:13:38 PM »

Did DeJap ever finish the translation? I remember downloading an incomplete version that bugged out so I really didn't get the far in (maybe 45 minutes). It's one of the few games I'd still be willing to emulate if I found a good translation.

if your willing to emulate theres a translation of the psx version.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 07:44:07 PM »

They finished long ago......maybe a decade now?

I recall some controversy over the patch though. Apparently, the translation is rather loose in terms of faithfulness (bear in mind that this was the Working Designs norm too, so the direction wasn't entirely shocking), and the writers took it upon themselves make the script cruder than it's supposed to be.