Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 10:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335260 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 coming to the PS3  (Read 23575 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2011, 05:00:31 AM »

Only sold 76k in January.

Pretty sad for 2010's GOTY.

Is that in the US? The price was a mistake. It was also released at the same time as other AAA games like LBP2 and DS2. The price already dropped in the UK though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2011, 04:24:52 PM »

That and, most people who wanted to play it already played the XBox 360 or PC versions. I don't think it's very common to have access to neither (which was my case) but I still don't regret spending 60 bucks on the PS3 game. I see why people disagreed with the price tag though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »

Such a damn shame
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2011, 03:27:37 PM »

Let's not forget that the game was available for download on PSN from day 1, though bioware didn't give any numbers they said that the sales of the digital version exceeded expectations.

I hope the choices you make in ME2 don't end up being completely irrelevant like the ones you had to do in ME1. I can't believe something as huge as the last decision in ME1 only changes a few lines of dialogue (this actually applies to all the other decisions as well). That was my only disappointment with ME2, I hope they do a better job with this in ME3. Different endings would be nice too, based on the decisions you made throughout the whole trilogy and not only in ME3.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »

I wouldn't exactly say the choices in ME1 were irrelevant, so much as Bioware took the easier route and decided to not make them count until Mass Effect 3.  After all, if they made those decisions really count in Mass Effect 2, the amount of branching possibilities in Mass Effect 3 would have been overwhelming.  This is hinted with one of the major choices you make on Noveria regarding some "giant bugs", where an Asari gives you a message from mommy in Mass Effect 2.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:18:52 PM by Parn » Logged
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2011, 07:25:43 PM »

I wouldn't exactly say the choices in ME1 were irrelevant, so much as Bioware took the easier route and decided to not make them count until Mass Effect 3.  After all, if they made those decisions really count in Mass Effect 2, the amount of branching possibilities in Mass Effect 3 would have been overwhelming.  This is hinted with one of the major choices you make on Noveria regarding some "giant bugs", where an Asari gives you a message from mommy in Mass Effect 2.

Let's hope you're right.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »

I'd better be right, because if they bitch out and don't make those decisions seem meaningful at all, my impotent internet fury will be unleashed upon this forum.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »

I'd better be right, because if they bitch out and don't make those decisions seem meaningful at all, my impotent internet fury will be unleashed upon this forum.

I've never seen a Korean angry... well, maybe in one those StarCraft tournaments, but who knows.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2011, 06:20:13 PM »

I beat the game for a second time yesterday but this time on the PS3. To make things different I went after the Platinum trophy so I played on insanity which I have to say makes this game a lot more fun.
It requires much more strategies, movement from cover, deciding which allies to bring to each mission, etc.

I have to confess, I was never into achievements or trophies when they came out but the incentive they create sometimes makes me have a better experience out of a game, not because a stupid sound popping out but by seeking them I was able to get a much better experience of a game, like ME2 in this case, which I doubt I would went for if it weren't for the trophy.
I would simply have just played it on normal and that is it but with the pursue of a little useless trophy I went for insanity and now I can't go back.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »

That's true Farron, sometimes achievements and trophies can be used to motivate people to try more interesting things in a game. ME2 is definitely best on Insanity, it actually adds strategy to the game lol
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: