Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 11:56:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327884 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Sega Genesis Collection: Lineup unveiled.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sega Genesis Collection: Lineup unveiled.  (Read 1874 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2006, 05:27:34 PM »

1up story. This could also go in Console RPGs I guess, but I'm leaning more towards here because there's only about, say, 4 or 5 RPGs on that list.

Aw man. I'm glad all the Phantasy Stars are there, but no Shining? Streets of Rage is also a disappointment, albit a much less serious one. They could've fit both Shining Force 1 & 2 on had they removed the two Sonic games. As good as Sonic is, there's already a Sonic collection on the PS2: Why not bolster sales of that for those that want to play Sonic 1 & 2?

Still, looks like a pretty solid collection.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 09:28:05 PM »

Finally, I can play Phantasy Star IV in a working form. I was pissed that it wasn't included in Collection for the Game Boy Advance. And yeah, I guess it does make little sense to have all Sonic games, when you can buy ports of them easily on current generation consoles, but whatever. I guess it's a given to add Sonic on there for the nostalgia aspect. And seriously... no Shining Force - what's up with that? :'(
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »

Reading some of the comments kinda worries me - like the reason for why a new Alex Kidd likely won't be made (I'm apathetic of the series currently), as it reminds me too much of the reasoning for making Shining Force Neo an action RPG. And reading the commentary on each of the titles, when I think about it, it truly is baffling that the Genesis port of /Virtua Fighter 2/ is included instead of something like Gunstar Heroes or Dynamite Headdy.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 10:05:49 PM »

Oh, these are for PS2 & PSP. I thought this was the official list for the Wii's Virtual Console. On a somewhat related note, I hope they make new installments to old series, such as Alex Kidd, for the Virtual Console. Like a new Mega Man would be awesome. Mega Man 9 anyone? (Rockman & Forte doesn't count)
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 10:57:53 PM »

Lack of Sonic 3, one of the best games ever created, makes me very sad. Also the lack of Streets of Rage.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 11:02:24 PM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"
Lack of Sonic 3, one of the best games ever created, makes me very sad. Also the lack of Streets of Rage.

I think including the Sonic games period is ludicrous, as they kinda already have a collection on that system.

Lack of SoR sucks though.

Edit: Actually, being on another collection technically counts for Flicky, Ristar, Comix Zone, and Vectorman 1/2. Difference being that I don't have to go through the trouble of unlocking them on this collection, so they're good in my book.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 11:32:03 PM »

Only reason I'd say that inclusion of sonic is a good idea is for the PSP version. I haven't played portable Sonic 3 since I owned a Nomad.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 11:40:31 PM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"
Only reason I'd say that inclusion of sonic is a good idea is for the PSP version. I haven't played portable Sonic 3 since I owned a Nomad.

Well, you got me there. Portable Sonic /would/ be pretty damn nice.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 12:23:22 AM »

I'm so buying this collection for the PSP. The games selection for it is getting better - somewhat gradually, but it still could use a lot more reinforcement for the North American audience, especially. (And of course, the European folks)

I would have liked them to add Sonic & Knuckles. That game was pretty awesome. The first time you could play as Knuckles, whom I thought made a bad ass villian at the time. Too bad they softened him up over time.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »

I'd kill for the addition of Landstalker or Shadowrun. Otherwise, it's a decent collection that could be better.

It seems like it's only Sega-developed games that are included here. A real shame.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: