Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 04:57:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Rift
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 11612 times)
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 05:04:13 PM »

Well, I freaking caved. I just hope the endgame isn't crap/boring
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »

Well, I have played this MMO quite a bit. Its a solid game, but definitely gives a bit of "been  there, done that feeling, especially if you played Warhammer, WoW or Everquest 2. For a new game it runs really well and has some truly nice effects like the land warping when  rifts appear, to the major rifts totally distorting the landscape.  Rifts are basically glorified public quests from war hammer that can happen anywhere at anytime. Alot of the talent trees, abilities and crafting  are straight up taken from other MMOs. Its a solid  game, but I think someone with almost no experience with MMOs would get the most out of it.

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »

edit: weird double post.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:56:37 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 04:40:55 AM »

Lv 50 mage with epic mount
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »

It may be lame to ask, but does anyone have a trial key?  I heard they gave some out to new buyers?  I would like to give it a shot before I buy, since I live on a fixed income currently.  If someone could help me out here, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 01:33:42 PM »

It may be lame to ask, but does anyone have a trial key?  I heard they gave some out to new buyers?  I would like to give it a shot before I buy, since I live on a fixed income currently.  If someone could help me out here, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!

Here you go a link to a free trial. I play Sunrest Defiant, but i do not have any low level characters.
http://www.thetelaran.com/2011/04/06/free-trial-giveaway-week-2/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:35:19 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 03:02:12 AM »

Thanks man, I actually got to play the trial last weekend, a buddy of mine got a similar type of thing.  It was ok, though for some reason I couldn't get it to look good on my machine.  No matter what I tried it looked rather..blurry and whatnot.  Still had some cool ideas though.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »

Thanks man, I actually got to play the trial last weekend, a buddy of mine got a similar type of thing.  It was ok, though for some reason I couldn't get it to look good on my machine.  No matter what I tried it looked rather..blurry and whatnot.  Still had some cool ideas though.
Its a bitch to run. Well at least getting a acceptable fps with everything maxed. I hear people's cpu are bottle-necking  gpu's.
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 02:26:43 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me, Im still running a P4 3ghz Hyper Thread :p

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me, Im still running a P4 3ghz Hyper Thread :p

What is your graphic card? It supposedly has issues with  some  ATI cards as well.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 04:19:49 PM »

I feel like anytime something doesn't play well with a GPU, it's always ATI.

It's kind of beaten into me to just buy ATI at this point, but do Nvidia's often run things better or about the same?

</offtopic>

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Serene Prophet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 06:55:48 PM »

See I find that Nvidia has just as many problems, because I run a HD 3800 series ATI, and I wont suffer alot of issues Nvidia players suffer in games like New Vegas.  But I think those games are made with ATI so that could be why?  Overall though Ive been rather happy with my ATI, been using the brand since like 03?  And ive never looked back.

Still I think more than likely its my CPU, simply because its still technically a single core processor.  But thats simply something I cannot do a whole bunch about at this moment, due to being on a fixed income. 

So yeah, just be forewarned that if you try Rift, you may not like how it looks if your computer isn't at least..somewhat up to speed.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:53 AM »

Been playing this and I just hit level 20.  I agree that a lot of the content is derivative, but the guys at Trion got it right.  Things are still entertaining and they got all of the right elements to combine.  There's little nitpicky stuff that I don't like, but the game has been solid overall.  I also really, really like the souls concept and think it's great for customization.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Wendriel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

I picked this one up a few days ago and am loving it so far.  I did play WoW for a couple of years and definitely agree that there are many aspects of Rift which are derivative, but Rift does feel distinctive even though it doesn't win a ton of originality points.  The customization is the big selling point for me- control over the avatar's appearance is nice, but the amount of control that you have over your abilities is a godsend.  One of the things that I hated about WoW, especially in a roleplay environment, was how I often just felt like "Night Elf Discipline Priest #4674", and I really don't feel that with Rift so far. 

I'm also really enjoying the public rift/invasion quests- from what I'm reading these sound like they're cribbed from Warhammer, but they're enjoyable nonetheless.  I love the element of randomness that they bring to the world, even though they can sometimes get in the way of standard questing.  Weaving in and out of groups with perfect strangers so seamlessly has its appeal too. :P
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 11:21:28 AM »

Newest patch lowered the Expert dungeon difficulty levels to bang your face on the keyboard easy. This has made alot of people upset since most of them were on the level of being just slightly lower difficulty then The Burning Crusade Heroics pre nerf. I see this as a stupid move really.  What are they going to do when everyone has all the gear? Most people do not  raid so the experts and warfronts are pretty much their endgame.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:24:13 AM by Chronix112 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: