Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:42:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334841 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Rift
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 11598 times)
Wendriel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »

Hm... I'm nowhere near leveled high enough to speak to that yet, but I tend to be against difficulty nerfs on principle unless the encounter(s) in question are legitimately unfair.  Perhaps they'll adjust the difficulty once again in another patch to push it back if it becomes clear to them that the dungeons are now too easy?  I certainly don't want to give anyone excuses, but Rift is a relatively new MMO, and balance can be a very touchy thing (particularly, I imagine, in light of all the possible class and spec combinations in this one- I imagine there must be significant variance in group makeup and abilities, even in the endgame).
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »

Hm... I'm nowhere near leveled high enough to speak to that yet, but I tend to be against difficulty nerfs on principle unless the encounter(s) in question are legitimately unfair.  Perhaps they'll adjust the difficulty once again in another patch to push it back if it becomes clear to them that the dungeons are now too easy?  I certainly don't want to give anyone excuses, but Rift is a relatively new MMO, and balance can be a very touchy thing (particularly, I imagine, in light of all the possible class and spec combinations in this one- I imagine there must be significant variance in group makeup and abilities, even in the endgame).
They nerfed them into the ground to the point you can almost ignore the boss fight mechanics entirely.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 03:36:49 PM »

Newest patch lowered the Expert dungeon difficulty levels to bang your face on the keyboard easy. This has made alot of people upset since most of them were on the level of being just slightly lower difficulty then The Burning Crusade Heroics pre nerf. I see this as a stupid move really.  What are they going to do when everyone has all the gear? Most people do not  raid so the experts and warfronts are pretty much their endgame.

...They nerfed them into the ground to the point you can almost ignore the boss fight mechanics entirely. 

Sad to hear.  How in touch are they with the community?  Do they ever give reasoning behind this sort of thing?  I wonder how many people struggled with the bosses pre-nerf.  Definitely doesn't seem like a good idea for the long run.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »

Newest patch lowered the Expert dungeon difficulty levels to bang your face on the keyboard easy. This has made alot of people upset since most of them were on the level of being just slightly lower difficulty then The Burning Crusade Heroics pre nerf. I see this as a stupid move really.  What are they going to do when everyone has all the gear? Most people do not  raid so the experts and warfronts are pretty much their endgame.

...They nerfed them into the ground to the point you can almost ignore the boss fight mechanics entirely.  

Sad to hear.  How in touch are they with the community?  Do they ever give reasoning behind this sort of thing?  I wonder how many people struggled with the bosses pre-nerf.  Definitely doesn't seem like a good idea for the long run.
They listened to the  I want my gear but I do not want to put in any effort for it crowd.

edit: They were not really that hard to begin with most of the boss mechanics were simple, and could be summed up as see lasers run away . when the  boss does aoe gtfo, do not stand in it. Trion said they were just going to slightly nerf the instance trash hp, which was needed in the hardest instance  Deep Strike Mines that  had mountains among mountains of trash. What they did was nerf everything to hell.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:17:11 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 11:59:03 PM »

*bump*

Any of you guys still playing this?  I've had a MMORPG itch for these last few weeks, but none of the ones I have copies of are scratching it.  I've heard a lot of good things about this game, and from poking around on the internet it looks like the company behind it is on top of their shit when it comes to adding/fixing content.

I can't promise I'll stick with it, but I probably will until Guild Wars 2 comes out at least. :P

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2011, 12:28:29 AM »

I gave up on it.  It's a huge blast at first. 

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »

I gave up on it.  It's a huge blast at first. 
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 01:27:16 PM »

I definitely still wanna give it a shot when I get my new PC.  Don't really care about it until then though.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 11:17:40 AM »

Rift is a great game, the issue that I ran into is that there never felt like a reason for me to keep playing.  When I played WoW, I played in the best community in the game (and I think that I can say that without hyperbole; I was in a 2000-man guild alliance built around Penny Arcade).  In Rift... I had like six guys in my guild and no one knew what the hell was going on.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2011, 12:23:50 PM »

Rift's problem is player retention. It is fine if you want nothing more then a nice looking WoWhammer clone, but once the newness factor runs out you start getting bored real quick. Nothing about its endgame sets itself a part from other MMOs, and in many ways borrows some of the worst aspects of them. If you guys do play  I would  recommend playing on a highly populated pve server then transferring to a pvp server later if orvr is something you are wanting to do. Most servers are Defiant heavy so keep that in mind if you like having low q times in warfronts. Some Defiant battlegroups in the 50s bracket  have q times over 40 minutes during prime time.
Mass

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 05:07:31 AM »

I played this during Beta and when it first launched, I reached the lev cap and found it to be extremely tedious like most other mmo's when you reach the lv cap.

After I reached lv 50 I had to spend everyday doing the same 'Daily Quests' for faction. The only other thing to do was farm plaques from raids to acquire better gear. Depending what server your in and the size and strenght of your guild, you will spend a lot of your time doing the same raids over and over to acquire these plaques.

Doing these two same things for weeks on end turned the game into a bore routine and I just wasnt having fun from it anymore, so left the game and havnt looked back.
Emeryon games

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »

i keep my account on this game (RIFT), though i don t have much time to play. for some reason, i like it.

i miss the DAOC community and game approach. i could never find any mmorpg where there were :  an entire realm population working on the same objectives, experts in their own domains, elite player groups, hundred people raids or players you don t know sending you messages like ' you're my hero '., epic battles where you can actually make the difference etc. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: