Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:54:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332964 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Worst RPGS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Worst RPGS  (Read 33901 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2011, 07:11:09 PM »

Anyways, yeah I can't stand that it's cool to hate FFVII attitude going on, the game was not the best but it was a genuinely good game with alot of interesting concepts explored pretty well.

People don't hate the game. They hate the fans, they were the main reason why the franchise went to hell in the first place.

At this point, none of that really matters because is already too late to fix things.
EurAsianGirl
Restricted Members

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2011, 07:15:37 PM »

Still doesn't give people the right to mock a perfectly good game :/ Especially when they KNOW it's good.

Avid Grandia and Lunar Fan
Awaiting Tales Of Graces F, Rune Factory Oceans, Ar Tonelico 3 and Harvest Moon Twin Leaf Villiage.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »

Yet you seem to have no problem hating on XII, despite it being a much better game.  Heck, it's probably my second favorite FF game (after VI, of course).

Opinions differ.  Deal with it.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2011, 07:47:18 PM »

^But Grandia II is bad.

- Link's sword isn't big enough.

Wha-? A penis joke?

Welcome to the most common Shonen trope, where everything is solved with more dakka, sword, hair, dayglow, arbitrary numbers, friendship, ect. The only exception to having a bigger sword is when you get a katana or some other sword of Japanese origin as Japan always does it better.

Edit: Christ Almighty. Where the hell did this page come from?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »

quality gaming
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2011, 09:47:37 PM »

fuck you Gustav is awesome
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »

XII is one of my fav FF's too.  That picture of Gustav is awesome :)

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2011, 10:25:23 PM »

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2011, 11:03:41 PM »

Sexual harassment panda's giant cousin?

Legend of Dragoon rocked

I think a lot of the ff7 (and 6 for that matter) haters were just late to the party. Fact is, If I played either of those games for the first time now, over 10 years after 7 came out, I really can't say that i'd love it. But I bought a playstation just to play that thing. It was outstanding.

And I cut my RPG teeth on the original FF, so it wasn't just because of the spectacle, although that sure didn't hurt.

My pick for worst now that I think about it would be Eye of the Beholder on the SNES.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2011, 11:46:16 PM »

Eye of the Beholder

You should be ashamed of yourself for not making a really obvious joke with a title like that.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2011, 11:52:27 PM »

Still doesn't give people the right to mock a perfectly good game :/ Especially when they KNOW it's good.

I know it's been said already, but it's all a matter of opinion. They'll dislike whatever they want, and no, NOT everyone thinks FFVII is good. You're not going to change their minds on a message board, I'll tell you that much.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:00 AM »

Anyone ever played Eternal Ring or Ever Grace (Two PS2 launch games), extremely underrated but alot of people hate them.  I think they are completely original games.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2011, 12:33:44 AM »

Anyone ever played Eternal Ring or Ever Grace (Two PS2 launch games), extremely underrated but alot of people hate them.  I think they are completely original games.

I looved the music in Evergrace.  Unfortunately, I only rented it (would have loved to press on, was pretty tough too).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2011, 01:47:53 AM »

Evergrace has a "Different" soundtrack but not for the bad reasons.  I feel like im in a different world when hearing it.  It does goes really well with the game.  I'm glad I still own both games.  I think Ever Grace got a sequel called "Forever Kingdom"?

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2011, 08:03:31 AM »

I think a lot of the ff7 (and 6 for that matter) haters were just late to the party. Fact is, If I played either of those games for the first time now, over 10 years after 7 came out, I really can't say that i'd love it. But I bought a playstation just to play that thing. It was outstanding.

I laugh at all the FF7/8 hate I see on the net. Anyone who played these games when they were released was blown away, even if they like to say they hated them now. As for people who only played them recently, not only are they missing the effect the games had back then but they are also being unfair. It's like watching old sci-fi movies and laughing at the lame special effects and acting, things evolve and change, you have to put them into perspective.
I'm not saying that I didn't see some of the flaws the games have back then, but saying that they sucked or whatever is ridiculous. People like to write fancy essays to prove just how bad these games were, I would've liked to see those back then, not 12 years later.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: