Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 10:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341009 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  FREE (GOOD) MMO Game - Space Cowboy - lol Starfox the MMO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FREE (GOOD) MMO Game - Space Cowboy - lol Starfox the MMO  (Read 1552 times)
LoneVandal
Banninated

LoneVandal LoneVandal
View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2006, 12:34:25 AM »

Space Cowboy -

Basically this is Starfox the MMO, with level ups and itams and mass PvP (avoidable of course).

http://sco.gpotato.com/

I think it is fun, you fly and kill stuff in real time, monsters drop items that are actually USEFUL at the level you get them, etc...

Eventually you join in world PvP in the form of your nation sending Motherships against the enemy nation and vice-versa, the motivation being badass items for killing the opponent mothership.  The players are like a swarm of angry bees (BEEEEEES) in these situations, blowing each other up constantly while attacking/defending the ships.

Your "class" choices are fairly simple:

I-Gears - 70% of the player base uses these

This is your Arwing, they are super badass air-to-air fighters and the fastest ships in the game.  They are Easy Mode.  They use homing missiles to deliver massive damage and use machine guns.  They eventually have great survivability (no one can hit them consistantly) and great offensive power.  "HIT AND AWAY IS MY STYLE!" to quote a great pilot.  I'm out of things to say about them because they really aren't complicated, just fast and deadly.

B-Gears - 10% of the player base

They are technically "bombers" but have well rounded stats and skills for killing most anything and surviving being smacked around a little.  They use the same weapon systems as I-Wings until put in Bombing mode, at which point your homing missiles get super strong and are dropped like bombs (no homing).  They are only slightly slower than I-Wings and can do  more damage when bombing once around L30, which is mainly used to rock Motherships into oblivion and other players if you learn how to aim it well, as your bombs will explode on proximity to them (not to monsters though, gotta get a real hit on them).

M-Gears - 10% of the player base

The obligatory support class.  They are pretty awesome since they are the only one of their kind, and as such get a large variety of group buffs, group heals, and refueling capabilities.  They can fight using homing missiles and machine guns, and can kill things if you get the right gear.  I think their average speeds are lower than B-Gears by a little.

A-Gears - 10% of the player base (see a pattern here?)

TANKS.  A-Gears are basically floating tanks that can enter Siege Mode to kill players / monsters from the longest range in the entire game :boggle:.  I've been playing one for a day or two now and I can say they are easy to level, easier than B-Gear, and decently fun.

There are stickied guides to each class on this page:
http://www.sco-fans.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=d00ce6ac12773ed96e327d209840d823

--------~~~~STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW~~~~--------

JOIN THE A.N.I. FACTION WHEN YOU GET LEVEL 11
Or don't, but that is the one I'm on, and if we're not in the same faction I can't help you.

New engines require specific stats based on your class, to get a good idea of what kind of stats you need for new engines go to the engine shop and browse.  Always try to get your stats high enough to use the best engines available at your level.

The stats themselves work as follows:
Atk - Attack damage, also raises accuracy supposedly
Def - Directly reduces incoming damage that hits you
Agi - Raises your evasion (best defense stat)
Shield - Adds hp to your shield (tied with Fuel for least useful stat)
Fuel - Adds to your max fuel capacity and carrying weight (important, but only to a point.  Just add points to this when your weight exceeds 50% with an empty cargo hold [your equipment counts as weight])
Spirit - Gives you more SP which is basically like MP in this (does not increase regen rate, only max cap, still you do need SP to use your ship specific abilities so this is a good spot to dump a few spare points)

Hit F1 when you're in game to see all the keyboard commands

Resupply stations (hit "C" to land on one when flying low over it) and being in the city heal you for free for sitting on them, SO DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON REPAIRS, ONLY SPEND MONEY RESUPPLYING AMMO AND FUEL.

DO NOT SELL YOUR NEWBIE ARMOR, IT IS THE ONLY ARMOR IN THE GAME THAT YOU CAN WEAR AND NOT BE PENALIZED FOR DYING IN (the other armors cost you game money on death in PvE, PvP death never has penalties so use your good armor in that or in zones where you can handle the local monsters without too much trouble).

You will get a lot stronger when you get your first weapon upgrades, buy them in town if you have to.  After that you should get plenty of good weapon drops from killing monsters and shouldn't have to buy more for the rest of the game except possibly from other players.

DO YOUR STORY MISSIONS ASAP
I'm L21 or something right now and I'm still getting 50% of my xp bar filled from doing one 10 minute story mission.  Doing missions is easy, open your mission tab in the city (or while hovering in combat zones with the "b" key) and hit "ACCEPT" to start the mission.  Story ones will warp you to the right spot and take you home automagically when you win.  Starting at L15 you can do additional pure money missions to help direct your grinding and make it more rewarding.

My name in game is LoneVandal and I'm stationed in Korea, so I'm 11-13 hours ahead of you probably, if you're looking for me.  I will answer questions in game if I can.

whew.

I've just started trying this company's other free MMO game, which is basically Ragnarok Online only better (I think, too early to say for sure).  I'll post about it later.

wat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: