Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335248 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Vagrant Story, 97 MB of pure quality
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Vagrant Story, 97 MB of pure quality  (Read 7405 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 06:29:32 PM »

I never finished it, didn't have the patience to wrap my head around the gameplay mechanics. I wonder if I should give it another shot.

Pretty please?  :)

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 06:51:30 PM »

Is the game worth it? 

Upon release, player reception was somewhat mixed, so it's not for everyone. I'd say that most aspects of the game are very well made - maps, visuals, audio, cutscenes, controls/interface, puzzles, and battle mechanics. However, the game also requires some heavy grinding (building weapon affinities) that can become tedious.

Up until a half year before release, Vagrant Story was designed as a 4-6 hour long experience. During the final stages, it was modified and rebalanced to target a 25 hour length, which should give some idea how much grinding most players do.

Grinding is unnecessary if you properly explore Le Monde and exploit enemy weakness. Besides, the only way to beat the big boss 1st play through is to abuse certain chain bonuses anyway.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »

Someone needs to spell out how to play this game to me. I've tried to play it 6 times, and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The enemies take forever to kill, and grinding for affinity just plain does not work, or it takes so long that it's just not worth it. Thing is the little bit I get of the story makes me keep trying, then giving up.

What the hell am I doing wrong here?

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 11:48:13 PM »

One thing to keep in mind is that when it comes to affinity there is always another affinity (for enemy types at least) that doesn't interact with another, IE beast and dragon, so you can level those two up on a single weapon.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 12:52:20 AM »

Man, this game is pretty crazy.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 01:31:02 AM »

I'm working on my 17th playthrough :)

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
ApocalypseDLM7
Apoc

apocalypse_dlm_7@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »

man this one is seriously a case of either you love it or you don't. Dice I HATE this game with a passion. Maybe because it was the first square game i came across that i just completely did not like. It was surprising and it was disappointing. The combat is just wow; ridiculous. Attacking different parts of an enemy is interesting but downright irritating. Ashley not only has a female name he looks like a buff female with spider hair. For the 10 hours+ i was able to play the game before giving up in disgust i saw three colors. Brown, Gray, and a lighter brown =/.

Like i said it's not for everyone. Some love it, and some hate it. I'm on the latter side and this is coming from a huge square fan.

It's All or Nothing! There is no Inbetween!

http://therpgamer.blogspot.com/
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 01:52:11 PM »

One thing to keep in mind is that when it comes to affinity there is always another affinity (for enemy types at least) that doesn't interact with another, IE beast and dragon, so you can level those two up on a single weapon.
I know. Thanks though.
How the hell is it that I can figure oud the battle system in Resonance of Fate, but this one gives me trouble.
One of my friends said I need to spend a couple of hours wacking on dummies for affinity. Hell no. Maybe I just need to watch other prople play the game so I can see what they do.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 02:41:36 PM »

I had trouble with the Resonance of Fate battle system :(

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 03:10:28 PM »

Actually, the name Ashley is androgynous. If you look at the etymology, it originates in old English and would be perfectly appropriate in any medieval/fantasy setting, which Vagrant Story is.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 05:31:28 PM »

The game has floating blocks. Name the character whatever you want. Geez

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
PSP - Disgaea
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »

Ashley not only has a female name he looks like a buff female with spider hair. For the 10 hours+ i was able to play the game before giving up in disgust i saw three colors. Brown, Gray, and a lighter brown =/.

Like i said it's not for everyone. Some love it, and some hate it. I'm on the latter side and this is coming from a huge square fan.

1. Ashley has been a male name for centuries. It's been a female name for maybe 3 decades.

2. I feel sorry for you. You played the game for over 10 hours and seemed to have never made it out of the wine cellar (i.e. the first area). Lots of greens, blues and reds in the game.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 04:04:04 AM »

"Ashley Riot is accused of murdering a Duke, but did he really do it? Find out as you play as Ashley and live out his life the week leading to the murder."

This is pretty much the worst description of a game I've ever seen. :P  Of course, I'm not sure you could adequately describe Vagrant Story with a couple of paragraphs, much less two sentences.

A little late to this but one phrase that immediately comes to mind to use as a description would be "Vagrant Story. Where you ARE the reinforcements!".

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 09:39:22 AM »

Let me try and understand this a bit...I would love to purchase Vagrant Story for my psp but I have a couple questions. I've never even jumped on to the PSN store yet from my psp...well I did but it said I needed to update something...
----from my computer I created a PSN account
----now can I purchase Vagrant Story and other psone rpgs from Amazon?
----how do I then get it on to the PSP? I don't have a cable to connect my psp to a computer. I would like to do it wirelessly.
----I only have a 1GB card and I may purchase a 2GB or 4GB in the near future.
----games that I purchase from Amazon (downloadable) would I then be able to use that same download on a PS3, (once I purchase one)?
----is this game only 97MB? what are the size of these psone rpgs and how do you tell?

Sorry if some of these questions are very basic but I'm brand new to digital downloading and know nothing about it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:51:13 AM by Anime & RPGl and » Logged
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »

Can anyone help with this downloading Vagrant Story...thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: