Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334516 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Vagrant Story, 97 MB of pure quality
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Vagrant Story, 97 MB of pure quality  (Read 7371 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »

Can anyone help with this downloading Vagrant Story...thanks.

Stand near your wireless router. Turn on your psp. Make sure the wireless network button on the psp is turned on. Log into the psn store. Find downloadable games. Select vagrant story. Buy it. Wait for it to download.

It currently isn't on Amazon. When you buy a game from amazon that is a digital download you get a code to input into PSN.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »

This game sounds very complex...after all these years of wanting to purchase this game I'm starting to rethink that.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 08:28:41 PM »

i never cared for the risk system? its like the game is trying to encourage and discourage you at the same time wtf?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 09:35:09 PM »

i never cared for the risk system? its like the game is trying to encourage and discourage you at the same time wtf?
That confused me too actually. You have to drive it up to do damage, but that means you get your ass kicked. And if you want to do lower it you do what, stand there? Burn items? I never really put it all togeather.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 07:10:55 AM »

That confused me too actually. You have to drive it up to do damage, but that means you get your ass kicked. And if you want to do lower it you do what, stand there? Burn items? I never really put it all togeather.

Sheath your weapon, wait, or use items. Against most bosses items is the way to go. They'll rock you way to fast if you just wait. Also, keep chains small (unless you can godlike one-chain the boss). The longer your chain the faster Risk accumulates.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 08:55:58 AM »

If I could understand and beat this game when I was 13, then I don't think many of you will have a problem with it.

The higher the risk, the more your attacks will miss, but sometimes it's not a bad idea to keep a chain going for is long as you can, because when one of those attacks does hit it'll be good damage.

Definitely forging weapons that work against the enemies in the dungeon you're going into is very important. For example, forging silver weapons when you go into an area with a lot of undead.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 11:19:08 AM »

g
If I could understand and beat this game when I was 13, then I don't think many of you will have a problem with it.

The higher the risk, the more your attacks will miss, but sometimes it's not a bad idea to keep a chain going for is long as you can, because when one of those attacks does hit it'll be good damage.

Definitely forging weapons that work against the enemies in the dungeon you're going into is very important. For example, forging silver weapons when you go into an area with a lot of undead.
Well it's not that I'm unclear on the concept, it's just the execution seems tedious which always left me thinking I was missing some concept that would just make everything click. Raising the stats of a weapon, for example, seemed to be way WAY too grindy, even after assembling what seemed to be a perfect statistical weapon fot the enemy type.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 12:11:39 AM »

I remember It took me a while to get used to the complexities of this system.  I thought I was going to turn away but I quickly fell in love with the battle system.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »

Yeah, the complexity is actually charismatic.  What sucks is getting lost in the magic forest and traveling long distances while you're uncertain of where you should be.  Man, I still haven't beaten this game.  I got as far as learning the teleportation spell, and somehow felt that NOW traveling is too much of a burden. 

But yeah, risk.  Self explanatory after you get a detailed explanation.  High risk = high damage, but you might get stomped -if you slip up-.  If you are good at music games, or have a high attention span, 25+ chains are no problem, and very worth it.  Even the wrong weapon's 1 damage has value when it's multiplied by 15 each hit.

Bah, I think I'm going to suck it up and download it.  Might as well seal that disc away forever, too. 

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: