Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 03:01:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334647 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru  (Read 19979 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Atelier_Meruru_The_Alchemist_of_Arland_3/ss-006.jpg
This one looks like a battle screen.

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Atelier_Meruru_The_Alchemist_of_Arland_3/ss-007.jpg
This one definitely is a battle screen.

Though I can't imagine anyone plays traditional Atelier games for the battle system.

the graphics look pretty but loli's = no thanks. ill need to see mor eof the characters later.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 02:08:09 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Atelier_Meruru_The_Alchemist_of_Arland_3/ss-006.jpg
This one looks like a battle screen.

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Atelier_Meruru_The_Alchemist_of_Arland_3/ss-007.jpg
This one definitely is a battle screen.

Though I can't imagine anyone plays traditional Atelier games for the battle system.

the graphics look pretty but loli's = no thanks. ill need to see mor eof the characters later.
Wait, did someone say loli's suddenly I'm interested in this game now.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 06:28:22 AM »

I've found a lot more pictures at http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/03/25/atelier-meruru-cutest-atelier-ever/

Not only the game looks a lot prettier but the artwork is even more detailed.
By the looks of it it seems Rorona for some weird reason has became a super cute child. Maybe our goal this time is to turn her back to her old self in a time limit or else it cannot be reverted.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 06:56:22 AM »

OMFH! All the PC's in this game seem to be lolis. I totally want this game. I no longer even care if it's any good. If all the PC's are lolis that's all i need to know. They're so adorable.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 06:58:38 AM »

Loli overload! Art style is very charming though. Makes me want to play it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 07:02:12 AM »

Loli overload!
That's a bad thing how? :P

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 07:08:34 AM »

Loli overload!

I'm not saying it's bad. It is what it is. I was just surprised by the fact that every character is a teenage girl. I'll take the cute loli over the typical whiny/angsty/annoying male teenager any day of the week.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »

Loli overload!

I'm not saying it's bad. It is what it is. I was just surprised by the fact that every character is a teenage girl. I'll take the cute loli over the typical whiny/angsty/annoying male teenager any day of the week.

You said it. Overly cute any day over the boring archetypes that have been reused so many times.

It seems the colors are more vibrant, characters are more lifelike.
Totori alone looks a great improvement over Rorona and Meruru seems to take it even further. I just wish NISA wouldn't make us wait that much.

At least SEGA in the Yakuza series makes us wait just a whole year but with the Atelier series it seems the wait is much longer.

Rorona was my first and while the lack of an actual plot made me kind of sad at some points on the other hand it made me happy as the characters were more grounded, no one was wanting to be the hero (Snow, I'm talking to you) and there's no world to be saved or anything. I just wanna have my shop and some clients, that's it. I simply loved this simple concept.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »

Loli overload!

Player ostracization?

Unlike my views on SquareEnix I don't want to see Gust go down in a ball of flames. There's nothing wrong with the lolita design archetype. Nor is there anything wrong with having lots of them in a game. But in order for an RPG to really succeed you need varation amongst the playable characters. A lot of people won't touch this game for the same reason I won't touch any RPG that has nothing but space marine style men as the only playable cast members; the design aesthetic and the personalities that go along with them simply repulse some gamers.

Without that variance a lot of people are going to pass on this title; which is already niche. And that's a very, very bad thing.

Even if you don't like him sometimes the talking dog in the group is a necessary evil.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »

I need something fresh. I never played an Atelier or Yakuza game before and I've been wanting to try them for some time now, I just got an e-mail from my usual site with a discount code, I think I'm gonna use it on Rorona and Yakuza 4.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

I <3 lolis :)

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »

You guys are trying to shame me into not playing these games, aren't you?

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 06:19:21 PM »

One thing I hate about the new girl, is that all three of the main alchemists look like Japanese fantasy sweet-valley high girls.  Would it be so wrong to get a kinda older and (yeah, they can go there if they do this) a bit sexier or mysterious?  At least we finished the colour code, we got red, blue, and yellow together.

Has a reason been given for Rorona's appearance no more than that of an 6 year old?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »

One thing I hate about the new girl, is that all three of the main alchemists look like Japanese fantasy sweet-valley high girls.  Would it be so wrong to get a kinda older and (yeah, they can go there if they do this) a bit sexier or mysterious?  At least we finished the colour code, we got red, blue, and yellow together.

Has a reason been given for Rorona's appearance no more than that of an 6 year old?

Have you ever seen the film, "Jack" with Robin Williams?

Yeah, it's that but backwards.

EDIT: Jesus what am I thinking? They already made a movie like that. It was called the curious case of something something.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »

Ended up only ordering Yakuza 4, Rorona just didn't convince me.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: