Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 10:27:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334708 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru  (Read 20012 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2011, 01:33:11 AM »

It's supposed to be the third game in the Arland series, after Rorona and Totori, but details are still limited.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/06/gust_new_atelier/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/06/atelier_first_look/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:31:13 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:41:04 AM »

Seems like Rorona flopped here to justify a Totori (or is it too soon to speak). 

Meh.  I need more out of these games to really consider them. =/
Lovely art as of late though (forgot the artists name, Mel?  She's wonderful).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 01:57:38 AM »

Seems like Rorona flopped here to justify a Totori (or is it too soon to speak). 

It's a little early to jump to that conclusions, I think.  A Totori localization has been hinted at before.

NISA seems to usually take about 15 months from their Japanese release to localize Gust games.  Look it up.  They're remarkably consistent about it.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 02:14:24 AM »

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen it yet.  The girl looks a bit too much like a magical girl this time, though.  What happened to the more neutral designs of Elie, Violet, and Marie?

Meh.  I need more out of these games to really consider them. =/
Lovely art as of late though (forgot the artists name, Mel?  She's wonderful).
Too soon to tell.  Also, it doesn't help when people (even here) say "I'll pass on Rorona, I just want to buy Totori."
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »

Admittedly I am only now beginning to play Atelier Iris Eternal Mana (12 hours in), even though I own the entire Atelier Iris trilogy, the two Mana Khemias and Atelier Rorona. I'm loving AI EM and hope for NISA to continue bringing these games over.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »

According to VGChartz Rorona sold more in the west than in Japan which would make a localization a good business.

As for the game, I enjoyed Rorona quite a bit I just wish we had a little more things to do, or at least the possibility of making items without a recipe so we could find out about them by experimentation.
The game wasn't great but it was fun enough for me to want the next installment. I just wish they would localize it a little faster.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 02:29:27 PM »

Please don't treat VGChartz as a reputable source for sales information. Ever.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »

According to VGChartz Rorona sold more in the west than in Japan which would make a localization a good business.

I don't mean to doubt something I can't prove.... but for some reason, that just feels...not true.  Mighty hell if it is.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »

I don't mean to doubt something I can't prove

You mean that VGChartz isn't reliable? Because that can be fixed.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 07:13:02 PM »

I don't mean to doubt something I can't prove

You mean that VGChartz isn't reliable? Because that can be fixed.

I remember when Microsoft announced that they had sold 1 million copies of Forza Motorsport 3 while VGchartz had the game around 700,000.

VGchartz was created by ioi,a NeoGAF user who got banned for posting fake sales reports of the console war in 2006 and 2007.After the mods got sick of his bogus numbers,false estimates and occasional trolling,he got the boot.Then ioi started VGchartz with several other NeoGAF users still refusing to comment where they get their numbers from.Everyone knows that NPD,Famitsu,Media Create and GFK gets estimates from the largest retailers but Vgchartz is like a broken clock that is right twice a day.

Anyway I like Rorona,hoping for Totori to release here and I'm excited for the next Atelier game.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 07:27:55 PM »

I didn't mean to say their numbers were correct but between their number and nothing, they are all I know as a source. Even though I don't take them as truth, as I have been advised before not to, it could at least be used as a reference, I think.

Maybe NPD numbers  should be more reliable but I have no idea where to see them.

As for Rorona in west outselling Japan, regardless if VgChartz is accurate or not, I don't think it's that hard to believe. Think about it, there has been not many JRPGs since FFXIII, Yakuza 3 or Resonance of Fate since the beginning of 2010 on HD Consoles and if JRPG fans want to try something different there is Rorona right there with no competition.

Also, considering that it didn't sell that much in either region, I say it is at least plausible.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »

I didn't mean to say their numbers were correct but between their number and nothing, they are all I know as a source. Even though I don't take them as truth, as I have been advised before not to, it could at least be used as a reference, I think.

Misinformation is worse than no information, as you can make erroneous assumptions on something that isn't true at all. So, no, they can't be used even as a reference.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 12:02:05 AM »

They're especially bad with these lesser known titles.  For example, Half-Minute Hero was over-"guessed" by about 80,000 sales.  I'm not sure what they have it up as now, but Marvelous confirmed western sales to be around 20,000 when VGChartz had it around 100,000.  Did they ever fix that?

I wish I could say VGChartz is reliable, but when anyone sources it for something important (IE a sales article on a news site) I close the article immediately.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 01:45:40 AM »

The big problem with the VGChartz 'method' (which is really just educated guessing) is that by nature they can't ever anticipate the interesting cases, namely games that sell significantly more or less than expectations.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 05:24:48 AM »

Misinformation is worse than no information, as you can make erroneous assumptions on something that isn't true at all. So, no, they can't be used even as a reference.

You have a good point.
From now on, VGChartz only for some articles but I won't use them as a way to see how well the game is doing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: