Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:07:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338038 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru  (Read 20594 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2012, 01:59:54 PM »

Ar Tonelico went in a really different direction from Atelier. The character designs look about twelve on average again in the Arland trilogy, but since there is little to no overt fanservice, it doesn't come off nearly as weird.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »

Ar Tonelico went in a really different direction from Atelier. The character designs look about twelve on average again in the Arland trilogy, but since there is little to no overt fanservice, it doesn't come off nearly as weird.

Yeah...you didn't do the Fish Festival in Totori did you? That's 'moderate' tops. A bit higher than 'a little'. XP
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2012, 06:31:27 PM »

[/quote]

Ugh, likewise. I'm S-szied. lol.
[/quote]

I too fall into the this category... Actually I fall into the "to small to be considered an adult male" category..... I need to shop kids sizes or womens for the most part.... uni-sex tees... well forget it....

I'm still all over this pre-order though!

I'm still upset I didn't MK2 with those stupid cards and art book.... I will never let that happen again...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2012, 06:51:59 PM »

Yeah...you didn't do the Fish Festival in Totori did you? That's 'moderate' tops. A bit higher than 'a little'. XP

Well, you get my point. I dread what a fourth Ar Tonelico would be like.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »

Well, you get my point. I dread what a fourth Ar Tonelico would be like.
Ar Tonelico: The White Stream of Hope.
Ar Tonelico: Melody of a Raunchy Interlude
Ar Tonelico: The Last Finger
Ar Tonelico: Ribbed for Your Pleasure
Ar Tonelico: Now with a Resevoired Tip

Any of these dirty jokes hitting any high notes with you all?

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2012, 05:44:31 AM »

Since I'm not sure there's enough information to warrant the creation of a new thread, Gust has leaked a few tidbits about Project Atelier 14. Meruru is A13.
http://andriasang.com/con0bq/project_a14_detailed/
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »

Since I'm not sure there's enough information to warrant the creation of a new thread, Gust has leaked a few tidbits about Project Atelier 14. Meruru is A13.
http://andriasang.com/con0bq/project_a14_detailed/

Its Atelier Asha methinks.Hope its for PS3 also.

Pre-ordered Atelier Meruru in its LE beauty.Glad the shirt is in my size L.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2012, 03:15:37 AM »

Been listening to what little of the OST I find on random searches. I find it amusing that Gust finally woke up and went 'Hey; we actually do have the talent around here to make good battle music. Maybe we should use it.'

Gigantic Crimson and Astral Blader are both pretty good in their own right  (although my preference goes to AB).

Sadly with the exception of AB it's not quite up to the lofty standards they set with the MK games. And as if almost to admit this they've included pretty much the original version of Nefertiti in their lineup (there's only a slight change to the chord progression in some areas; personally I think the original or the Vocal versions are better).
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2012, 03:35:49 AM »

Last year I watchd fo a while a playthrough of Meruru and like you mentioned the music is great but in my opinion, the music in Totori is already sooo much better than Rorona. I can't tell from their previous titles as I have not played them.

About the songs you picked, they are good but I personally wouldn't like them that much in an Atelier game, at least as far as the Arland series is concerned. I'd preffer a little less gitar and more everything else.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2012, 04:34:39 AM »

The first Iris has the best music in the series, in my opinion, mostly due to "Eternal Eyes" and how Iris started the use of the subtle background vocals they used for the next ~5 games.  Totori's music shares its wispiness, so they somewhat thematically have the same sound. This is a very, very good thing. Much of the earlier games are more upbeat.  Totori also had that really brilliant battle theme "Terminus" based off of Pilgrimage that is quite possibly my favorite of their more emotional battle themes.  I did find Dia to be rather boring, not bad, just not memorable.

My favorite battle theme from GUST, non Ar tonelico,  is Carmine.  It reminds me a bit of something from Sound Team JDK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-AyhwcRfPQ

On the subject of Meruru, I played it a few months ago.
Code:
Sometimes I wonder what the hell GUST is thinking.  I swear they absolutely ruined Rorona. Poor Sterk.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:43:34 AM by Cyril » Logged
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »

Damn... I still have Rorona backlogged.... no way I'm catching up on the atelier series before this comes out..... I feel like skipping the rest of it and hopping directly up to Meruru though..... All depends on how badly my OCD is around release I suppose....

You guys probably think I kid when I say "OCD" but truly I do not speak in jest.... As a child I was diagnosed with ritualistic OCD at the age of 7 because I couldn't go to sleep or get to school on time without "properly" tending to my weird bedtime/wake up routines.... additionally for years I hated shopping because I "had" to walk back out of stores the exact path I traveled through them.... highly frustrating..... I'm getting better though.... I skipped half of Hyperdimension Neptunia to indulge MK2 when it came out.... that is progress my friends!! LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »

Relevant repost of mine:

lol, I love how in anime lately, the women and men look so different. Men seem to have tinier eyes, and more realistically defined noses. The women get the "dot" nose and gigantic eyes.

As is, I know it's a different artist, but Kishida Mel's idea of a 40 year old was hardly different than a 15 year old.

Fucking anime sometimes.... =/

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »

It gets even stranger when you read Mel's artbook comments.  He wants to draw "sexy" heroines and at times in purposely revealing poses.  GUST apparently told him to do it a few times as well.

I just don't know sometimes.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »

It gets even stranger when you read Mel's artbook comments.  He wants to draw "sexy" heroines and at times in purposely revealing poses.  GUST apparently told him to do it a few times as well.

I just don't know sometimes.

Heh well its not working for me since the only character I find attractive in the series is Sterk and he gets so little screen time.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2012, 02:07:50 AM »

Sterk is amazing, easily the best character in the Arland series.

It doesn't help that his English voice actor is Liam O'Brien, who just happens to be my favorite male VA.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: