Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:46:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334603 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print
Author Topic: Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru  (Read 19965 times)
deathsaber

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »

Wearing a size L T shirt makes you a big fatso?...  I used to wear a size L...when I was 11.

I was a 6 ft tall beanpole and still wore XL all through middle/high school.  Now that I"m 33 and eating actually is starting to make me fat, its now 2XL..

But size L makes someone a tubba lard these days, LLOLLOLOL  Gotta love kids today with all their "skinny clothes" and big hair they don't cut.  In the 90s it was all big clothes with plenty of room in them, and hair on guys coudn't be short enough (if you could actually measure it, people would accuse you of having a "fro" and that was the stylistic kiss of death.  Still, you coudn't get me in all that skinny crap, I'd rather be confortable. 
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »

Actually, a L is more like a M nowadays. Vanity sizing and all that. But you have to remember not everyone here is a tall guy, some of us are short girls who'd also like to wear shirts that say "Barrel!".
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »

Wearing a size L T shirt makes you a big fatso?...  I used to wear a size L...when I was 11.

I was a 6 ft tall beanpole and still wore XL all through middle/high school.  Now that I"m 33 and eating actually is starting to make me fat, its now 2XL..

But size L makes someone a tubba lard these days, LLOLLOLOL  Gotta love kids today with all their "skinny clothes" and big hair they don't cut.  In the 90s it was all big clothes with plenty of room in them, and hair on guys coudn't be short enough (if you could actually measure it, people would accuse you of having a "fro" and that was the stylistic kiss of death.  Still, you coudn't get me in all that skinny crap, I'd rather be confortable. 

some of us little folk need Small and X-Small to be comfy.... I for one can't find one pair of adult jeans that are not the "skinny" variety that stay on my waist... though I totally agree that it looks ridiculous when people where stuff that is skin tight... I'm just saying some people NEED the skinny stuff to have clothes that fit.... before express started making the "zach extra-skinny" line of jeans I had to buy all mine from the kids department to find stuff that fit me....

still stoked for the barrel shirt though none-the-less.... gonna look cool on my wall next to my "love" shirt from the catherine box-LoL

at this rate, when agarest wars comes out, I'll be able to dress up my blow-up doll in pajamas :)

and just to mention, pre-orders are getting low on this nisa exclusive, just placed my order the other day and it said "less than 30 % of stock remaining" so if you want your barrel-t and soundtrack, get em while the getting is good :)..... on the upside though I believe gamestop is at least getting a premium edition with the art book, so even if you miss out on  the exclusive you get something.

Bonus stuff aside, is anyone else gonna be taking this one over Dragons Dogma at the end of the month other than me?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2012, 05:51:02 PM »

Bonus stuff aside, is anyone else gonna be taking this one over Dragons Dogma at the end of the month other than me?

Yes I will.Dragons Dogma doesn't really toot my horn.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »

I think the majority of people are going to get Diablo III instead of either.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2012, 09:42:34 PM »

Not at all, this is probably my most-anticipated release right now.

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »

Not at all, this is probably my most-anticipated release right now.

VERY COOL!! I really think this a gonna be a stellar entry in the atelier series..... I just wish I had the time to finish rorona and totori first... I really like rorona, thus I know I'll love totori even more....... I'm just HIGHLY excited to get to this when it comes out... and I know if I skip the other two and hop right into this one, the chances of me going back to complete the predecessors is.....well... to be blunt... non-existent....

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:42 PM »

I want the newest Atelier.  I'm sure will see it if NISA is as reliable as it is.  I couldn't deal with the timed aspect.  But I do wanna keep an eye on what peeps are saying about it here.  JRPGs are hardly a seller at my location if I wanna do a late pick up.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »

In all honesty, with Meruru and Totori the timed aspect only really is an issue during the first ~1/3 of the game.   It's flexible, you just have to realize that time really isn't a big issue. You can sacrifice 10-20 days and not suffer. Months, even.  It's a bit stricter in Rorona (which plays like the older games).

I finished everything in Totori with a year and a half to spare and just slept through the last year.  I've not 100%'d Meruru yet, because I'm waiting for the English version, but it's very similar and even more lenient than Totori when it comes to the time limit because it lacks the Adventurer ranks.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:40:32 PM by Cyril » Logged
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »

I want the newest Atelier.  I'm sure will see it if NISA is as reliable as it is.  I couldn't deal with the timed aspect.  But I do wanna keep an eye on what peeps are saying about it here.  JRPGs are hardly a seller at my location if I wanna do a late pick up.

I spend more time at, and in correspondance with, my local gamestops than I care to admit and thats the same case here.... NO ONE buys new ones and the shelves are filled with "hard to find" previous gen titles... I've picked up PS2 Limited Editions literally years after they have come out around here...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2012, 12:28:05 AM »

Just got an email from NISA saying that this game has been delayed a week because of manufacturing issues.  It was supposed to be the 22nd but now it's the 29th.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »

Atelier Ayesha Gameplay (maybe we should make a new topic...? Hmm, maybe later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww_ta1ewABQ

Not bad.  Looks like the best background graphics seen in the series.  Looks like the time-doesn't-advance was a bit off, it seems to when you harvest items, but not when you're travelling in-field (or actually doing alchemy?).

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »

There already is an Ayesha topic.  Shame on you, Dice ;)

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »

There already is an Ayesha topic.  Shame on you, Dice ;)

Goddaammit, I'm drunk.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »

I think the majority of people are going to get Diablo III instead of either.

Like everybody else I did get Diablo III and I'm at the end of Totori still (as my first copy got stolen by the mail), so I was wondering if I should get Meruru at release but after seeing the opening today (the release date) I said "what the hell" and just ordered it.

I think these games are so special in their own way. I love the fact that I can relax while playing them after a tiring day of work.
The mechanics really help, light hearted story, turn based, etc. As much as I like Dark Souls, Skyrim, or whatever I can't fully relax if I get keep an eye open all the time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: