Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 12:48:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328013 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print
Author Topic: Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru  (Read 18657 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2012, 06:22:07 AM »

You're right!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »

You're right!

Yay for guessing!

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2012, 09:11:04 PM »

Sterk's limit break-thingy when killing an enemy: awesome.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2012, 11:17:22 PM »

I like Esty's mega-super-move.

EDIT: Oh. Just wondering, this is the only Arland game i've played, but is her name supposed to sound like STD? 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:27:54 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2012, 12:08:30 AM »

EDIT: Oh. Just wondering, this is the only Arland game i've played, but is her name supposed to sound like STD? 

Yeah, Esty's last name wasn't Dee in Japanese.  That was NISA's doing.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »

Yeah, Esty's last name wasn't Dee in Japanese.  That was NISA's doing.

I had never even noticed that, haha. ...Now I can't stop thinking about it whenever Esty appears. :P

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »

Ugh, so hard to beat the Eternity Goddess in the Endless Corridor.

Looks to me like I'll have to give my Elixirs the "Pepped up" trait, but I'm nearly at the end of year 5 so I won't have the time, will have to beat her on my 3rd playthrough.

First time round my party was Gino and Esty.

Second playthrough was Totori and Mimi.

That means my third playthrough will be Rorona and Sterk.

Or
Gio
if I ever manage to unlock him. x.x

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2012, 04:01:52 AM »

I have to say that while much of it remains pretty generic, game easily has my favorite soundtrack of the Arland trilogy.  I mean you've got stuff like this and this.  Although the real stand-outs seem to be limited to special scenes, sadly.  Like the fantastic opening, this wonderful little piece, and this.

For once the soundtrack CD that came with my limited edition is actually getting some seriously playtime.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2012, 07:50:30 AM »

I have to say that while much of it remains pretty generic, game easily has my favorite soundtrack of the Arland trilogy.  I mean you've got stuff like this and this.  Although the real stand-outs seem to be limited to special scenes, sadly.  Like the fantastic opening, this wonderful little piece, and this.

For once the soundtrack CD that came with my limited edition is actually getting some seriously playtime.

I don't know much about the game, but I know this song is pretty unique alright: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHNTntvWENQ
Sounds like some kind of retro anime song.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2012, 08:43:11 AM »

I don't know much about the game, but I know this song is pretty unique alright: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHNTntvWENQ
Sounds like some kind of retro anime song.

That's one of the sub-boss battle themes.  You can choose whether or not to have the lyrics in battle by speaking to a NPC.  It's purposely designed to be campy like that, methinks.  And, for what their goal was, they succeeded.

I personally prefer the airy-ness of Totori's soundtrack and found Rorona's to be more memorable (the generic town theme from Rorona never gets old with its bagpipes), but Meruru's generic battle theme is something of utter brilliance.

For those who like Mana Khemia, one of the "big boss" themes was composed and the guitar played by the guy who did Nefertiti.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2012, 04:50:53 PM »

I can't wait to experience the Totori and Meruru music in game... everyone here has convinced me to play totori first... thus to keep myself sane I must polish off rorona which I am currently trekking through.... rorona however itself comes at the cost of some sanity.... I for one won't miss the bag pipes... I've heard this town theme ENOUGH!!.... but I do concur on the note the I will NEVER forget it.... completed 3 assignments in like 24 hours this weekend... funny thing was I loved this game when I started... then I realized how deleterious it can be to ones grey matter, if said individual is as obsessive compulsive as I am.....  but enough bitching... I'm 10 assignments in baby!! Totori here I come!!!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »

Dude, when we were all convincing you to give Totori a shot didn't we also say you didn't need to finish Rorona?

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »

Dude, when we were all convincing you to give Totori a shot didn't we also say you didn't need to finish Rorona?

Not finishing Rorona was probably the most important bit of that advice too.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2012, 08:53:33 PM »

Not finishing Rorona was probably the most important bit of that advice too.

You know come to think of it... yea I do recall gathering that... and I'm really wishing I listened... but when I sat down I just figured ahh hell if I'm going to see this trilogy through I may as well do it right.... I know if I didn't see Rorona through it would just bother me too much.... I know I know.... Klyde is aware of how strange Klyde is.... it need not be expressed

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »

You talk like Yoda. Not OUR Yoda though. The little green guy ( that isn't Yoda).

I've confused myself.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: