Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 02:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341286 Posts in 13948 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Gust announces new Atelier game: Atelier Meruru  (Read 21162 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2012, 12:34:15 AM »

I like reading that like he just finished a marathon.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2012, 01:23:24 AM »

I just want to say that I think the music pack for this game is the single greatest piece of DLC I have ever encountered.  I don't care that it's already on the disc.  In fact I'm glad it's already on the disc, because there's probably gigabytes of music there and I don't want to have to download it an have it take up space on my PS3 hard drive.  It's just $3 and it gives you access to music from like every Atelier game ever made.  Man, why couldn't the previous games have had this feature?  You spend so much time in the workshop in all three games that it's seriously nice to be able to change the background music.  (Of course you can do it for more than the workshop, but the workshop is my main concern).  Bravo, Gust.  You rock.

By the way, has anyone else found that it's much harder to craft equipment with the HP regen trait in this game than it was in Totori?  I managed to do it once but I don't even know what I did...now I'm fumbling around with every possible combination of ingredients I can think of and I'm not getting it to work a second time...

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2012, 01:47:50 AM »

You'll get a ton of equipment with HP Regen traits later. Speed Belt and Angel Charm with Fairy Power (I think that's the translation, I haven't spent enough time to be certain) will give you somewhere around +100 a round, and you'll need it for the harder bosses. If you want to properly prepare for New Game + (which, actually, has an entirely new subplot and alternate endings, so it's worth a playthrough) save yourself a year or so, that way you can make the gear you need.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2012, 12:48:47 PM »

I just want to say that I think the music pack for this game is the single greatest piece of DLC I have ever encountered.

The free DLC, Makina Domain, is pretty cool too. It took three trips and multiple months of synthesis, but I just slaughtered everything in there.

I'm just several endings away from platinum.... but I'm not going to bother with that. The past sixty hours were fun and that's enough for me. I'll youtube the endings I missed.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »

I've been waiting for so long for my game to arrive and now that it has I'm playing Lollipop Chainsaw. I'm actually surprised how fun it is, but back to Meruru.
I've heard some hints to having more money than you'll probably need is to upgrade the factory, arena and the pie shop when possible. Anyone care to share more hints ?

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »

Money will probably be an issue for the first three years or so of your first game.  All I can say is do requests every 10 days (they respawn on days that end with a "1," so, for example, 6/1, 6/11, and 6/21).  It will be a bit easier once you get your wholesale, too.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: July 21, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »

Just beat the game(good ending).  Man, the atelier games are fun, but this one was addictive!  hope the next one is just as good.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2012, 07:05:40 AM »

I'm still in the first year but I can confirm how addictive this one is. Yesterday I meant to play for about half an hour and when I was done about 3:30 hours had passed.
Another thing I'm loving in this game compared to the others is the improvement on menus when you want to find some items or check some quests progress.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »

Jesus Christ this game seems to be sold out everywhere. Some stores on Amazon have a few copies but they're charging more than regular price for it...is that a good sign or a bad sign?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »

If that's the case then NISA will probably do another printing eventually...though I can't tell you when.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »

Jesus Christ this game seems to be sold out everywhere. Some stores on Amazon have a few copies but they're charging more than regular price for it...is that a good sign or a bad sign?

Have you tried Play-Asia.com ? I bought mine there recently for the retail price. They ship worldwide and they are fast. If you live in the US it shouldn't be fast like amazon but considering it's coming from Hong Kong it's quite nice.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: