Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Luminous Arc (SRPG for the DS [Mitsuda composing])
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Luminous Arc (SRPG for the DS [Mitsuda composing])  (Read 7263 times)
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2006, 03:18:20 AM »

http://xcomp.gamebrink.com/?p=226

70% complete
Release date: Winter 06 (JP)
Publisher: Marvelous
Developer: Image Epoch (http://imageepoch.co.jp) [They have worked with Game Arts, Game Republic, Monolithsoft, Nippon Ichi and more.]
Character designer: Shibano Kaito (http://kr3.oops.jp/)
Music and sound production by Yasunori Mitsuda (of Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, etc. fame)

- Standard fantasy SRPG with ADV parts where characters talk, and then SLG parts where you fight the battles
- The game can be played with or without the stylus
- Touchpen control can be set to be right or left handed
- SLG parts use the standard top down view
- Deathblows can be used when you fill up the Drive Guage
- Characters all seem to have voices, but no voice actors have been mentioned

Looks awesome! :D
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 03:53:22 AM »

Despite that I tend to hate SRPGs... fuck, whatever. I'll play it. Mitsuda composing is the cream of the crop. I'm in love with the Nintendo DS, at least lately. The thought of using the stylus in an RPG sounds relaxing. I have yet to play an SRPG or turn-based RPG for the DS, so it should be interesting how the touch screen is implimented as a feature.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 04:00:36 AM »

I'll pretty much play any RPG that Yasunori Mitsuda composes for.  I was lucky to get my Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross signed by him!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 04:04:21 AM »

jj984jj: In case you were wondering, there is a website attached to these boards and we don't appreciate it, if people come to these boards, post some random news story from another site, while the same story is available on our front page as well.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 04:06:07 AM »

To be fair, that URL has scans. Could've included RPGFan's link to be courteous though.

Edit: Or linking the RPGFan story then finding some other place with scans where I can actually see shit on. Didn't notice I couldn't click on those until I posted. Impulsive posting rules.

Edit 2: Hey look, I found decent sized scans!
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 04:14:26 AM »

When I began to read the plot for the game, I immediately thought 'oh swell, not another Joan of Arc type theme', but then as I read further, I realized it's a different story, but still having to do with supernatural beings. I'll say this, though: They're really rolling out with these SRPGs, especially on handhelds.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 04:20:01 AM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
jj984jj: In case you were wondering, there is a website attached to these boards and we don't appreciate it, if people come to these boards, post some random news story from another site, while the same story is available on our front page as well.
Sorry! I didn't mean to upset anyone. As Eusis guessed, I posted that link with the scans, the link posted also links back to the original scans. Next time I'll post a link to the front page as well.

Quote from: "Miho"
When I began to read the plot for the game, I immediately thought 'oh swell, not another Joan of Arc type theme', but then as I read further, I realized it's a different story, but still having to do with supernatural beings. I'll say this, though: They're really rolling out with these SRPGs, especially on handhelds.
SRPGs and the DS are like a perfect fit though, displaying stats on the top screen can really help in this type of game. I hope we see more soon. I wonder what happened to that SRPG Nintendo announced... I think it was called ASH.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 04:22:49 AM »

Man, I ignored that too. I suck. :P
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 10:49:20 AM »

I love SRPGs, so I'll be looking forward to this.

I hope the Tactics Ogre franchise isn't over, because I'd like to see that make it's way to the DS as well.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 12:37:34 PM »

This game looks interesting.  I also like the fact that Yasunori Mitsuda is composing the soundtrack to the game.

Seiken_Densetsu
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »

Meh, I really don't like SRPGs, except for a select few.  I usually really suck at them, and I can't stand the linearity of them.  So I doubt I will be getting this one anytime soon if it hits the states.

That, and I really dislike Mitsuda as a composer, and music is a big part of what makes an RPG good for me.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 06:07:11 PM »

Leaving aside Final Fantasy Tactics, I'm no fan of strategy RPGs. Furthermore, I don't own a DS, so I'm not interested in the game.

As for Mitsuda, it seems as if his best days are behind him. Tsugunai and Kirite were rather bland and mediocre at best in my book. What is interesting is that he only has been working on games for cellphones or handhelds recently (apart from Moonlit Shadow, his involvement in the Kirite-based musical and some arrangements).
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 02:57:09 PM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
Leaving aside Final Fantasy Tactics, I'm no fan of strategy RPGs.

To be honest with you, I wasn't into Strategy RPGs until I played NISA's strategy games like Phantom Brave.  They have a really good Strategy battle system that gives you more play with the battle system.  I also like in Phantom Brave how they took out the grid system and made it more free roaming.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 03:05:21 PM »

Phantom Brave is good...disgaea....not.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 03:08:27 PM »

i've been into srpgs since shining force 1 this looks ok i guess but i think DS is stupid so i wont touch it.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: