Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 01:36:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331449 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 411293 times)
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2430 on: January 25, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhoood is still good, but I'm starting to get burnt out on all the collectibles and side content in these games - feathers, flags, chests, restoring builidings, investments, VR training, the list goes on - it's all a bit much. I 100%ed ACII but I don't think I'm going to bother this time, there are too many inconsequential things to do that aren't nearly as fun as the missions themselves.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2431 on: January 25, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »

They're not insane like Myst puzzles (good grief, later in the series they get to be practically impossible

Eh.

Exile was easy. Edanna practically played itself, and Voltaic wasn't really 'hard' outside of one of the gauges you had to fiddle with behaving in a bizarre manner (and initially it was bugged, iirc). Amateria actually required thought but it still wasn't hard.

The only Myst puzzles I found particularly overly-difficult were the Spider Chair Organ thing in Myst 4, the pyramid puzzle from Kadish Tolesa in Uru, and the firefly thing in Uru. The Kadish Tolesa puzzle I had a problem with because it's solution wasn't really in line with the broader theme of what was going on in Kadish Tolesa (the final puzzle in that age, however, worked with the theme with aplomb). The firefly puzzle involved platforming and having an inventory object in a nominal sense, neither of which are even remotely Myst-like. Also it couldn't really be solved by experimentation because the fireflies only came out at specific times and even then you had to pretty much luck into getting them to follow you, otherwise they just looked like scenery.

I was sort of disappointed that most of the Myst games returned to the style of having discrete ages like in Myst, instead of having a single continuous gameworld where all of the puzzles ultimately fed into eachother.

wrt Zelda, some of the stuff I got stuck on:

- Fire Arrows in OOT, because seriously that made no sense.
- Some of the places you had to teleport between the light and dark world in LTTP, because there's not much indication that you need to do that.
- The bomb plants in WW. I think it was when you had to water them? There was no precedence for them NEEDING water so I got stuck.
- Something with the Bigoron Sword Quest in OOT though I don't recall what.
- I also recall using a walk through on the balloon popping thing in TP then feeling like an idiot because that actually had a really obvious solution.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: January 26, 2012, 02:03:13 AM »

Did part of Lair of the Shadow Broker 'til my controller died. Forgot how great this DLC was. Shepard's a terrible driver and had a few choice words about asari. Ouch. Plus: 'I'm going to kill your hostage, and then show you how a real Spectre gets things done.' Now to take on the Shadow Broker... after I get new batteries.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhoood is still good, but I'm starting to get burnt out on all the collectibles and side content in these games - feathers, flags, chests, restoring builidings, investments, VR training, the list goes on - it's all a bit much. I 100%ed ACII but I don't think I'm going to bother this time, there are too many inconsequential things to do that aren't nearly as fun as the missions themselves.

To be honest all I bothered doing as far as side crap goes, was restoring buildings, aqueducts etc. I picked up the other stuff as I found it, but, it'd too damn tedious to actively seek everything out.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2433 on: January 26, 2012, 02:13:21 AM »

Did part of Lair of the Shadow Broker 'til my controller died. Forgot how great this DLC was. Shepard's a terrible driver and had a few choice words about asari. Ouch. Plus: 'I'm going to kill your hostage, and then show you how a real Spectre gets things done.' Now to take on the Shadow Broker... after I get new batteries.

To be honest all I bothered doing as far as side crap goes, was restoring buildings, aqueducts etc. I picked up the other stuff as I found it, but, it'd too damn tedious to actively seek everything out.

what DLC is worthy of me playing?

I've only done the bring down the sky one in ME1 and the other one for ME1 that was just some space station thing. Only did those because they came w/ my game.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: January 26, 2012, 02:18:45 AM »

I never did Pinnacle Station for ME1. It didn't come with my game, and I kept getting told it wasn't worth it.

For ME2? All of them. I'm especially partial to the first three (Kasumi, Overlord, Shadow Broker) - the last one is the most expensive (800 points) but takes longer to finish and is the most interesting. Especially if you like Liara. I didn't like ME1 Liara, but she's more tolerable now.

Arrival's not bad, but I got it at half price so I can't bitch.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2435 on: January 26, 2012, 02:33:04 AM »

wrt Zelda, some of the stuff I got stuck on:

- Fire Arrows in OOT, because seriously that made no sense.
- Some of the places you had to teleport between the light and dark world in LTTP, because there's not much indication that you need to do that.
- The bomb plants in WW. I think it was when you had to water them? There was no precedence for them NEEDING water so I got stuck.
- Something with the Bigoron Sword Quest in OOT though I don't recall what.
- I also recall using a walk through on the balloon popping thing in TP then feeling like an idiot because that actually had a really obvious solution.

If we're listing Zelda puzzles that we've gotten stuck on in the past I'll bite:

Trying to find level 8 in OG Zelda's Second Quest.
My first go through in Ganon's Tower's basement in LttP required babysitter assistance (although I like so many others took the Cane of Sonmaria solution to that one puzzle in the Ice Palace, though humorously enough I missed the bombable spot on the floor for the Blue Mail).
Getting into Koholint Castle in LA (admittedly due to having trouble getting the banana salesman to take my dog food for some bananas).
I occasionally forget about that one key in either the alcove right above where you meet Ruto as an adult or on the inside of that tower in OoT.
I think I had trouble locating a hookshot target in the mansion dungeon in TP due to lack of contrast and interference.
There was one switch puzzle I didn't feel like dicking around with on the Ghost Ship in PH.
And finally looking up what the reward was for doing well in the harp playing performance in SS after getting the Piece of Heart (turns out it's just a trifle amount of rupees and seriously not worth the effort).

Admittedly the Fire Arrows didn't trouble me at all given the fact that the tablet on the island where you emerge upon after completing the Water Temple basically spelled out everything you needed to do to get them (with the added clue of that one island disconnected from the rest of the island chain that basically had nothing on it at all up until that point nor served any other purpose).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2436 on: January 26, 2012, 11:18:12 PM »

Realms of the Haunting -- Got a new weapon, as well as the last bronze serpent thing.

This is a very good game :}

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2437 on: January 27, 2012, 07:12:41 PM »

Oooo mysteries and puzzles.  Insta-hook for me!! :D

Got out of the first chambre thingy with ease.  I want more!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: January 27, 2012, 08:03:43 PM »

Good choice, Dice.

Having Mass Effect 2 withdrawal, but I am currently being roped into trying out Minecraft.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2439 on: January 27, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »

Disc 3 of Lost Odyssey is boring. I love the rest of the game, but when it splits you up into random parties it just kind of loses what made it fun. Also I miss Sarah :*(

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2440 on: January 28, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »

Skyward Sword -
I got my water dragon scales, visited said water dragon thing, and am now back in the first temple! Why the hell am I spending so much time in areas I've already been in? I don't like this. Well, I DO like opening up new sections and finding new things, but I'd still rather be in a new dungeon.
Also I remain unimpressed by the music in this game. several reviewers touted it's fantastic orchestrated soundtrack, but I'm finding it kind of boring. The dungeon tracks have been ok, but everything else is meh.

My son is now playing Shining Force for the GBA on the DS. Awesome.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2441 on: January 28, 2012, 01:01:53 AM »

Skyward Sword -
I got my water dragon scales, visited said water dragon thing, and am now back in the first temple! Why the hell am I spending so much time in areas I've already been in? I don't like this. Well, I DO like opening up new sections and finding new things, but I'd still rather be in a new dungeon.
Also I remain unimpressed by the music in this game. several reviewers touted it's fantastic orchestrated soundtrack, but I'm finding it kind of boring. The dungeon tracks have been ok, but everything else is meh.

I found the event-music out-did anything else.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2442 on: January 28, 2012, 07:41:32 AM »

Skyward Sword -

I found the event-music out-did anything else.

By far.

Too bad you only hear those harp tunes once or twice with no other opportunities beyond replaying the game (you can kinda hear it when strumming your harp randomly but only to the most current one and even then; ehh).

That said, did a lot of dicking around in GTA3 collecting hidden packages, completing rampages, running missions, trying to find vehicles to ship and jumps to jump. So far I'm like 68 out of 73 missions done, I have 70+ hidden packages, 7 rampages done, 3 unique jumps done, and a few other miscellaneous things like most of the first import/export vehicles turned in. I've basically got everything but the final story mission done at this point.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2443 on: January 28, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »

played some 9 Persons 9 etc... on the train to work.

seems rad
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: January 28, 2012, 03:32:50 PM »

It makes me happy that people are still picking up 999.

Messed around in Minecraft, but the idea of infinite possibilities is overwhelming. I would lose far too much time to this game, as my friends already have. Then I... made for a terrible alien in AvP2. ;)

Then I came home and played Mass Effect 2. Drowning in loyalty missions.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: