Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Game Journal
« Reply #3240 on: June 27, 2012, 02:46:50 AM »
I can't disagree with you more about Cyan.  He's got one of the best skills in the game.  Especially his level 7 swdtech (quadra slice), which can do more damage than any other single attack.  Yes it takes time to charge, but pair him up with Gao or Umaro and they'll keep attacking even while he charges.  And once you learn Quick, well, that's that.  Enemies can't do anything while you charge if you've cast Quick (and you get to do it twice).  Cyan+Quick is the biggest damage-dealer in the game (at least to a single target, obviously if there are lots of targets you'll want area effect spells).

The problem is that there are usually a dozen other ways to end most fights and many of those ways take far less time than Quadra Slice does to charge (for instance, Terra morphing then casting using Quick to triple cast Ultima; alternatively, casting Quick on Setzer and having him toss his Fixed Dice eight times for almost as much, if not more damage, than one Quadra Slice could pull nevermind the fact that he can do it twice in the time it takes Cyan to charge one Quadra Slice). I guess if you wanted to pair Cyan up with Gau, Mog, and Umaro for auto damage while he charges you can go ahead, but you're going to find that with a setup like that you'll have wiped out the enemy before you could finish charging Quadra Slice or you'll have been wiped out because you're fighting something that three endgame characters can't flatten in two full rotations, which means you're probably dicking around in Dino Forest or Kefka's Tower, neither of which you would want to dick around with Quadra Slice in to begin with.

Incidentally having Cyan, Gau, Mog, and Umaro in the same team is pretty amusing for having a team of Zerkers, though if you're not willing to occasionally invoke the Psycho Cyan glitch you can always substitute Gogo for him instead for team 'set it and forget it'.

Also Psycho Cyan is infinitely more destructive than Quadra Slice and takes less time to set up as well.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 27, 2012, 11:12:46 AM »
Been playing Heavy Rain since 6AM...so far I like it but not sure I love it...
Everything's Eventual

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: June 27, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »
The frame on my headphones finally gave in and broke, so I hastily bought a new pair from Wally. I had to return them today because they didn't even fit on my head! I think I'll go ahead and order some decent ones off of Amazon.
While there I saw that Microsoft did indeed have their very own "slim" flash drive. It was a rip off at 8GB for $19.99, but I bought it anyway. I also picked up Arkham Asylum, as I've been wanting to play that for awhile.

ME3 - Man, it's amazing how ugly my fem shep has gotten from playing the game Renegade. Red eyes, and nasty scars all over face. What the hell. I think I'm pretty much at the end.
Code: [Select]
Last night I took down the Cerberus headquarters(and Kai Ling!), and am now set to fight it out over Earth Maybe I'll even finish it tonight, and finally find out what everyone has been talking about for months now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:11:10 PM by GrimReality »
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: June 27, 2012, 03:40:56 PM »
The final mission is pretty lengthy fyi. I remember starting it figuring I'd be in bed w/in an hour or so and it took forever

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #3244 on: June 27, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
Breath of Fire III

Old videogame translations are hilarious...

Momo: "Let's name him Peco!  I mean, he already looks like an onion afterall"
Peco: "Pukyuu?"

North American Audience: wtf ok?
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: June 27, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »
The final mission is pretty lengthy fyi. I remember starting it figuring I'd be in bed w/in an hour or so and it took forever

Yeah, it was also the only mission that drove me to (almost) rage quit, damn Banshees!
Everything's Eventual

Pmayo

• View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: June 27, 2012, 07:21:24 PM »
Been playing Heavy Rain since 6AM...so far I like it but not sure I love it...

Heavy Rain stressed me out more then anything else, I was so happy when it was finally over. I think it did a few good things, but in the end I really did not enjoy it, the story was not good enough for me to deal with all the stress.
Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing

Seultoria

• 시발놈
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: June 27, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »
I'm at Day 5 now in Devil Survivor 2. Started the day off at Day 3. Game has gotten a bit easier since day 4, but that's probably due to having access to more characters and better demons now.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: June 28, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »
Did the Fairy Drop thing in BoF4. Goddammit that was dumb :(

Also trying to do anything creative from a strategic standpoint doesn't seem to work well. Just keep firing off your best spells/combos.
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darklight

• View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: June 28, 2012, 05:52:04 AM »
Played a few hours of Dead Island and I think it's just ok. The characters are yawn imho and the Australian accents are ridiculously fake. It's fun if you like arcade games but levelling is too easy, the quest structure is broken too much. Also started Dragon Age 2 after a good break between DA1. Has been quite good so far

Pmayo

• View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: June 28, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »
About 8 hours into Xenoblade, and the Battle system is really starting to open up, I do find myself wishing I had more control over the other members on my team. It seems like I can only control what my other team members do on link attacks, and sometimes It would be nice to be able to strategies better.

Besides that I really love the game so far, The world is beautiful, the music great, and exploring and finding monuments and materials is just addicting. The characters are also surprisingly not annoying and terrible either! Great voice acting.
Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: June 28, 2012, 01:38:54 PM »
Onto bioshock now.

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: June 28, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »

Yeah, it was also the only mission that drove me to (almost) rage quit, damn Banshees!
What difficulty level did you play it on? I don't think I have anything to worry about playing it on easy.

OK, so as far as I can tell you can NOT copy Mass Effect save files. I tried doing it to both the memory unit and a flash drive. No can do for both. I tried other games, and they copied just fine. Have any of you (Yoda?) actually been able to copy a save from the hard drive to a flash drive?
I'm right smack dab in the middle of the final mission. Some scenes are reminding me that I should get the soundtrack. I have both 1 and 2s soundtracks, so I should just complete the trilogy.
With the release of the extended cut, and everyone talking about it, I've been extra careful to avoid spoilers. I'm lucky I haven't been spoiled before now.

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: June 28, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
It won't let you copy ME saves? I had done it w/ other games but never did w/ ME.

Sorry, my advice led you to a purchase that's pretty much useless for you. :(

The final mission is a bit rough, really the only time in ME1.2.3 that really made me sweat. I played on normal difficulty. I was referring to time involved. It's just a long mission.

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: June 28, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »
It won't let you copy ME saves? I had done it w/ other games but never did w/ ME.

Sorry, my advice led you to a purchase that's pretty much useless for you. :(

The final mission is a bit rough, really the only time in ME1.2.3 that really made me sweat. I played on normal difficulty. I was referring to time involved. It's just a long mission.
Must be some EA thing. Jackamoles.
No apologies needed. I can always use another flash drive. I take a million pictures and back them up every so often on flash drives. I'll use it.
I knew you were talking about time. I was asking Bytor that question.