Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Game Journal
« Reply #3255 on: June 28, 2012, 08:25:05 PM »
I played it on normal, still drove me crazy, no other mission gave me as much trouble for some reason.
Everything's Eventual

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: June 29, 2012, 01:46:49 AM »
Bioshock is a lot of fun. It's a breath of fresh air after all the other FPS games I've played the last few years. Halos and CODs are fun, but it's nice to play something w/ a bit more thought in it.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #3257 on: June 29, 2012, 02:34:58 AM »
Breath of Fire III.

This game is turning out to be surprisingly difficult -- yay!!

I'm at the Arena.  I don't know who their fucking head would use Peco here... but he's hostage bait.
I really liked doing the "Fire Room" bit too, surprisingly involved a bit of tactics -- but the submerged-in-lava bodybuilders troubled me every second they were on screen because they were... submerged-in-lava bodybuilders.

http://spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/breathoffire3/arenanpcs.png

Hot bunny girls.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Pmayo

• View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: June 29, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »
Bioshock is a lot of fun. It's a breath of fresh air after all the other FPS games I've played the last few years. Halos and CODs are fun, but it's nice to play something w/ a bit more thought in it.

The only thing I did not like about Bioshock where those Vita Chambers. It took all the tension out of the game, and made battles with big daddies lose all there impact, since you could just die over and over again and run right back into the fight with the big daddy still damaged. It always amazed me that reviews at the time never mentioned this. Only later did I read you could turn this feature off, yet the game was designed with that feature in mind, and I was not a fan. Still enjoyed the game though! Great atmosphere.

I also liked 2 a good deal, which seems to get a lot of hate.
Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: June 29, 2012, 08:52:18 AM »
Finally finished ME3 last night. Definitely had me sitting there thinking for awhile afterwards. Still, I really don't understand the geek rage over the ending.
Code: [Select]
I imagine it has something to do with lack of control? Not being able to choose what happens? That didn't really bother me. It's was obvious from the get go that Bioware had a story to tell. None of our choices really mattered when it came to the overall narrative. I don't particularly LIKE how it ended, but that's just the story itself. It doesn't make it a bad game. I actually loved the game for the most part. Some of those stages were just so damn epic. Pretty much anything involving the giant Reaper "things"(I forget the name) was just plain awesome. can't remember the last time I got such a feeling while playing a game.
Now to read up on what the hell people were bitching about. And then download the Extended Cut tomorrow.

As far as what's next? I've got Xenoblade here, but I plan on playing something shorter before diving into another big rpg. I'll probably mess around with Child of Eden a bit, then play Arkham Asylum.
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: June 29, 2012, 09:12:55 AM »

Which is what I liked about Bioshock and LOVEd about Resistance series!
Everything's Eventual

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: June 29, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »
Breath of Fire III.

This game is turning out to be surprisingly difficult -- yay!!

I'm at the Arena.  I don't know who their fucking head would use Peco here... but he's hostage bait.
I really liked doing the "Fire Room" bit too, surprisingly involved a bit of tactics -- but the submerged-in-lava bodybuilders troubled me every second they were on screen because they were... submerged-in-lava bodybuilders.

http://spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/breathoffire3/arenanpcs.png

Hot bunny girls.

Well Dice, ya got me.....

After the PS1 post over yonder in "single player" I had a BOF3 itch.... reading your progress sent me over the edge... I was really widdling away at my backlog whilst enjoying Agarest 2 via a neat and tidy game schedule.... and now I just had to add BOF3 into the equation and start a new game in it today.... so much for my neat and tidy gaming routine... looks like Hyperdimension MK2 and Earthbound are gonna be waiting a lil' bit longer to get any more attention from me.... and I think Dragons Dogma just totally fell off the radar... Classic gaming and backlog weekends have now just become in honor of the Dragon Clan for me...

Curse you Dice! Curse you for enticing me to indulge this ooey-gooey morsel of classic gaming goodness!.... This is all in jest by the way... this game totally kicks ass, thanks for sending me over the edge on this one :)

Just something quick to note.... (while I already posted it in the ps1 thread, I thought I would share here....) after a side by side comparison this afternoon of the first hour or so of BOF3 PSP upscaled on tv vs. the original ps1 smoothed out running on the ps3, the psp variety is totally the way to go.... way brighter visuals, better sound quality and most importantly the controls are far more responsive in regard to moving your beyond-awesome-old-school-sprites around....

EDIT:...... Ok..... so I went a nice 5-6 mile jog to think things over and I've come to my senses..... I must be disciplined... Breath of Fire has to wait until at least I finish Earthbound.... So don't worry guys.... Catastrophe averted....  I swear some days I feel as though I'm gonna explode from my excitement to delve into a new title (or old one or that matter....)....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:40:05 PM by Klyde Chroma »
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: June 30, 2012, 06:42:14 AM »
Bought FFXIII again this week (yeah I know I'm crazy) so one of these days I'll be playing it along with the sequel. Right now I'm fucking around with the Uncharted games seeing some things and also lately I've been in the mood to actually finish Grandia and Vagrant Story.

Dunno when I'll be going back into those two games though.

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 30, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
Bought FFXIII again this week (yeah I know I'm crazy) so one of these days I'll be playing it along with the sequel. Right now I'm fucking around with the Uncharted games seeing some things and also lately I've been in the mood to actually finish Grandia and Vagrant Story.

Dunno when I'll be going back into those two games though.

I got to the last chapter in FFXIII and it took me a full year before I had the desire/patience to polish it off.... I know the 2nd was well recieved but it still sits on my shelf untouched....

In other news, I made mondo progress in Agarest 2.... but I'm mad!! I'm in the top 100 on the leaderboards for max hits.... or at least I should be!!! I registered my max hits in at 67 and it still reads 42!!! I don't know when this updates or whatnot but I hope its soon... I've never been in the top 100 ranking on any game in any respect before..... I'm stoked...
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #3264 on: June 30, 2012, 06:04:39 PM »
January in Persona 3 FES is taking up may more time than I planned.  I also finished On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness really quickly, but I think the only extra content is the final Arena boss. 

Fadedsun

• Sunny Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: July 01, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »
Started playing Nocturne on hard mode. I died on the second fight haha! Everything is good now, though. Just beat Forneus.
"Oh, a hunter..."

Pmayo

• View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 01, 2012, 11:28:19 AM »
January in Persona 3 FES is taking up may more time than I planned.  I also finished On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness really quickly, but I think the only extra content is the final Arena boss. 

Every time I thought I was getting to the end of that game.. I was not. Still really enjoyed it though.
Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #3267 on: July 01, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
I have a little less than three in-game weeks before the endgame of Persona 3 FES.  I have four social links I want to max before then. 

Let's do this.

Esper_Crusader

• I love you, Dr. Zaius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: July 01, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
The Walking Dead: Ep.2 
A tad glitchier than the first but nothing too distracting.
Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #3269 on: July 02, 2012, 12:08:52 AM »
Beat that Reaper motherfucker and now I'm leveling up in Monad.  I really want to make the rest of the Personae in the Tower, Sun, Star, and Judgment arcana.