Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal

Pmayo

• View Profile
Re: The NEW Game Journal
« Reply #3315 on: July 09, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »
http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/7/3142865/super-bad-oral-sex-scene-in-the-secret-world

Oh CUM ON! >__>

Actually improving in Rhythmheaven Final Fantasy... I'm amazed, I suck dick (^ok, bad timing^) at rhythm games.  It's really fun, but definitely not for casual play, you gotta be clear and awake.  Celes's track is giving me hell on Ultimate, mainly because the arrows are a goddamn mess.

Have you tried un-equipping all your characters items and abilities when you do challenge mode? It gives you a huge bonus for doing so, so much so that I have regularly been getting S ranks in Expert with it. All the equips and abilities seem to be specifically designed for the Chaos Shrine, since there is no bonus for not using things there.
Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #3316 on: July 09, 2012, 04:23:26 PM »
The environments are really beautiful in Xenoblade. Really encourages you to explore them. I just got through the marsh area with the glowing trees, loved the color scheme. Now in that cave with all the glowing green stuff, very cool.

Also has anyone ever completed all the side-quests in this game?? It seems almost impossible, I dont even try at this point or else I would get nowhere

Yeah, there are so many of em.  Some of em are worthwhile to do to level up your affinity with that particular town/faction.  Some towns need a level 4 or sometimes 5 affinity before quests to unlock new talent trees appear.  Pain in the ass, really.  Currently deciding if I want to go back to Colony 9 or not to level it up to 4 so I can get Shulk's.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
« Reply #3317 on: July 09, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »
Fuck yeah, Theatrhythm, whoo!

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: July 09, 2012, 10:34:41 PM »

Is this thanks to DDR?

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #3319 on: July 09, 2012, 11:11:51 PM »

Is this thanks to DDR?

FUCK man... FFFFFFFFF---....fiddle sticks. :(

That's impressive, now wow us by doing it on Ultimate. :D
This game is seriously addictive.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: July 09, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »
The environments are really beautiful in Xenoblade. Really encourages you to explore them. I just got through the marsh area with the glowing trees, loved the color scheme. Now in that cave with all the glowing green stuff, very cool.

Also has anyone ever completed all the side-quests in this game?? It seems almost impossible, I dont even try at this point or else I would get nowhere

Yeah, there are so many of em.  Some of em are worthwhile to do to level up your affinity with that particular town/faction.  Some towns need a level 4 or sometimes 5 affinity before quests to unlock new talent trees appear.  Pain in the ass, really.  Currently deciding if I want to go back to Colony 9 or not to level it up to 4 so I can get Shulk's.

Which quest net's you that? I've already got Colony 9's affinity up to 4 stars and I've seen nothing in regards to that.

Also quests aren't the only method to raising town/faction affinity if you want to focus on building up townsfolk's affinity with each other. Plus raising affinity is also good for improving the townsfolk's trade selections, which I've noticed some townsfolk carrying around collectables from the Other category.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com
« Reply #3321 on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
More Theatrhythm.  Getting closer to an Ultimate SSS.

It really does seem like this game is a lot more forgiving than other music games in regards to accuracy.  DDR is a lot more hardcore about it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:38:24 AM by John »
THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL

Pmayo

• View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: July 10, 2012, 09:50:40 AM »

Wow man congratulations!! No SSS ranks here.. just a few SS. Those swipes just always make me miss at least 1..

Also been a lot of marvel pinball and zen pinball 3d. Both really fun but I stink at them, luckily for me, there are not many people on the local leader boards, enabling me to have scores I can actually shoot for

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #3323 on: July 10, 2012, 05:06:23 PM »

Which quest net's you that? I've already got Colony 9's affinity up to 4 stars and I've seen nothing in regards to that.

Desiree's future.  Pre-req is Jackson's Awakening.  Shulk must be party leader.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: July 10, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »

Desiree's future.  Pre-req is Jackson's Awakening.  Shulk must be party leader.

Ah-ha. Then I guess I'll need to put Shulk out in front next time I play.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

D-Rider

• Former God of RPGFan
  • Rainbow Club Member
  • Giant Paraplegic Cock
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: July 10, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
I am playing two games at the moment.

The Darkness 2:  Fun, but I don't particularly dig the visuals in comparison to the first one.  I like the new melee additions and powers, but they could have tweaked the difficulty curve a little.  It was incredibly easy right up until the amusement park, when I started dying left and right. :P

Valkyria Chronicles:  Fairly interesting so far.  I like its take on turn based strategy.  It's just very...weeaboo.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: July 11, 2012, 12:07:38 AM »
Valkyria Chronicles:  Fairly interesting so far.  I like its take on turn based strategy.  It's just very...weeaboo.

Could be worse: you could be playing the sequel. What I saw in VC1 was relatively tasteful, what I saw in VC2 prompted mashing ahead with the bare minimum time necessary spent reading what characters were saying.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #3327 on: July 11, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy (aka; is it just me or is the title annoying to type/say?).
Anyways, surprisingly difficuly, even on basic, the slow songs.  I can't time the really slow Vana D'iel March and FF9's Opening a Window[?] without putting my face to the screen.  Doesn't help I was trying this on public transit.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:52 AM »
I'm really digging Arkham Asylum. It probably helps that I'm starting to get used to how the battle system works. Chaining attacks rocks. For some reason it took me numerous tries to defeat Bane. I'm thinking it should have been pretty easy.
I love the atmosphere. They did an awesome job making everything look and feel dank and sinister. I swear this almost feels like a modern Metroid.
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Pmayo

• View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: July 11, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »
Just bought Rhythm Thief. Had it pre ordered at gamestop. They only had gotten 1 in but had 3 pre orders. I am lucky I was the first in but still.. really good business practices right there. I was also on the short end of the stick once when I had pre ordered Dragon Quest 6 and the pre order bonus was a slim plush. Well even though I was one of the first to pick up my game, the guy told me they had no plushes left because when they got them in they would just give them right away to people as they pre ordered the game. So me pre ordering early actually hurt me..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:45:51 PM by Pmayo »