Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:24:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338072 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 442705 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3765 on: October 09, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »

This weekend was good for gaming. Solo wise I'm playing Megaman Legends for the 1st time ever. I absolutely love the hell out of it. Especially the odd Bonne family and the music. And Data and the servbots!!!

Played RE6 multi with a very awesome friend of mine. Nice to catch up there.

Borderlands multi as well. Damn that game is so sweet.

The MML series is seriously one of the best things Capcom ever did and they clearly recognized this which is why they are making a third one and not ever touching autoplaying social RPGs.

Advanced to Chapter 2 in Solatorobo. My initial impression of [?]that mysterious catboy is that he'd be playing the damsel in distress character or something. So far he's just coming across as creepy and weird, which I like.[/?] It's about as easy as I'd heard, except lobbing robots at walls is fun even when it's not hard.

I'm actually having a hard time thinking of a non-resident evil game made by capcom that I enjoy more than MML. I just absolutely love everything about this game. It's so damn charming.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3766 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:42 AM »

I made it to Chapter 5 in Corpse party. The end of Chapter 4 = WHOA. This game creates vivid(and disturbing!) imagery in your mind merely through writing and sound effects. Very little is actually shown.
I wanted to save and be done, but the scenes just kept going and going. I couldn't save until I was almost an hour into the chapter! Not cool.

I really want to play the Walking Dead games. Maybe next. I think my wife is getting me Witcher 2 for my birthday, so these episodic games could be the perfect fill-in.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3767 on: October 10, 2012, 11:21:47 AM »

Resident Evil 6.

Man, this game knows how to be intense.  I turn into an absolute baby when I'm left alone without my partner -- I can't handle these games alone for some stupid reason.  Sooo... I think this means I'm watching an LP of Ada Wong's final solo chapter. xS

I'm happy though.  This game was great, if not questionable on how characters go from Point A to Point B for whatever reason.  Leon's CH: City > Graveyard > Church > Church underground (and second story) torture chambers. WTH?

One thing I like are how ridiculously hard some parts are, and the game gives you an "escape here" route, but only to come back to it on a second playthrough armed to the teeth like Rambo or Arnold Schwarzenegger in any film in the 80s and 90s to kill everything in sight and without a sweat.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3768 on: October 11, 2012, 06:07:38 AM »

Finished Yakuza 1. Loved the story, hated the combat.
Yakuza 2 seems a little more refined at least.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3769 on: October 11, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »

Beat the first two missions of Knights in the Nightmare. Very much a realtime Riviera. The mission and story progression seem very, very linear so far which isn't as groovy (ostensibly Riviera was strictly linear, but your time points were restricted enough that what you DO within the confines of its linear structure would vary a lot).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3770 on: October 11, 2012, 05:16:58 PM »

Resident 6

Do I love or hate how gooey everything is??
I'm definitely a fan of high-kicking a zombie's head off mid-air, and the game give me recognition for it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3771 on: October 12, 2012, 12:15:04 AM »

Resident 6

Do I love or hate how gooey everything is??
I'm definitely a fan of high-kicking a zombie's head off mid-air, and the game give me recognition for it.

the gooey tittays
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3772 on: October 12, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »

Much more refined, it makes hell of a difference in my opinion.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3773 on: October 13, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »

Beat World 2 Level 1 of Yoshi's Island which has so far been the only level I disliked in that game because of the stupid really, really slowly scrolling falling blocks brick that you /have to repeat endlessly/ if you screw up the jumps in the second half of the level (which isn't that hard to do, at least in the GBA Version).

The falling blocks that you have to dodge/jump on aren't HARD. It's the slow, autoscrolling that's just tedious.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3774 on: October 13, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »

Much more refined, it makes hell of a difference in my opinion.

Yeah i've noticed the game is far less frustrating when you're surrounded by a group.
They still cheap shot you in the back but it's just less aggravating on the whole.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3775 on: October 14, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »

I'm thinking Corpse Party can pretty much go fuck itself at this point. I'm in Chapter 5, and have wandered aimlessly trying to figure out what to do. I checked a gamefaqs, and apparently I've somehow played it "wrong" and would have to start the chapter over to be able to do all the things I need to do. Why would the game let me keep playing if I can't actually keep playing? This is ridiculous, and simply not fun. I'm totally checking out a "lets play" and calling it a day on this nonsense.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3776 on: October 15, 2012, 01:34:19 AM »

^that sucks... glad I never tried it then

Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3777 on: October 15, 2012, 06:47:53 AM »

I took a break from Torchlight 2 to hit my PS2 backlog some more.  Rogue Galaxy is pretty good, but it has weird difficulty spikes between chapters.  I need to pay more attention to those lists of beast hunts. 

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3778 on: October 15, 2012, 07:22:37 AM »

I'm thinking Corpse Party can pretty much go fuck itself at this point. I'm in Chapter 5, and have wandered aimlessly trying to figure out what to do. I checked a gamefaqs, and apparently I've somehow played it "wrong" and would have to start the chapter over to be able to do all the things I need to do. Why would the game let me keep playing if I can't actually keep playing? This is ridiculous, and simply not fun. I'm totally checking out a "lets play" and calling it a day on this nonsense.

If memory serves me that was the exact same thing I did. And like you I put the game down, but after a few days I decided to try again and I will say I am very glad I did! I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the game and the ending was worth the annoyances IMO.

Everything's Eventual
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3779 on: October 15, 2012, 09:50:07 AM »

If memory serves me that was the exact same thing I did. And like you I put the game down, but after a few days I decided to try again and I will say I am very glad I did! I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the game and the ending was worth the annoyances IMO.

Nope. No more playing. Only watching. The gameplay sucks, anyway. I've only played through this far because of the insane story. I'll see the rest through a "Lets Play". I'll get the exact same experience without the frustration. The game is really not well designed at all. VERY old school. You can't skip through the endless "wrong end" scenarios. There have been numerous times that the game gave me ZERO hints as to what to or where to go. I never would have made it as far as I did without checking Gamefaqs.
I swear, a lot of these weird Japanese games are trumped up as being better than they really are simply because they are weird Japanese games. This should have just been a TV show or movie.
I need to get back to some more modern game play.

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: