Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:49:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 425182 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4125 on: December 14, 2012, 10:42:49 PM »

I doubt I'm fifteen hours into Fallout and the freezes have already started.  Fuck.  On the other hand, I'm just hitting my stride at level 8 and learning to really appreciate the game, so I can tolerate it. 

EO 3 goes well.  I'm in level four of the first stratum and doing a bit of grinding to get ready for the first true boss I'll be facing.  Just being careful.  I was surprised that the infamous Furyhorn(s) didn't give me much trouble.  Did net me some nice armor, though. <3
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4126 on: December 15, 2012, 01:42:07 AM »

God The Real Texas from the daily gog sale. It seems pretty nice. Action RPG. Plays like a mix of Ultima 7 and Earthbound. Music is lovely. Very stylish. Little creepy.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4127 on: December 15, 2012, 08:36:17 PM »

4 hours into Tales of Xillia and got my copy of Xillia 2 in the mail today. Also started playing Graces F again, which I hadn't touched since last year.
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4128 on: December 15, 2012, 08:44:01 PM »

I'll see how it goes over the rest of the weekend, but I'm thinking of taking a break from Fallout 3 to start on the Mass Effect Trilogy set when it comes in next week. (Hopefully this won't result in a killing spree on my part.)  It's just not grabbing me the way I expected.  That said, some of the missions have been fun and I haven't had the 'What the HELL did I get myself into...?' feeling as a result of a string of random side quests since Morrowind.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4129 on: December 16, 2012, 07:48:47 PM »

Got two of the retirement profiles and two cassette tapes in The Real Texas. Up to the Bandit Caves. Noooot really sure what I'm doing there.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4130 on: December 16, 2012, 11:17:32 PM »

Demolishing Pokemon White 2 with a team of Fraxure, Excadrill, and... that's the list.  Just got the 8th badge, now about to challenge Team I stopped using the starters after they evolved to their final forms.  I've been keeping Deino around with a permanent Exp. Share, but right now it isn't quite battle-ready.  Also have a Watchog and a Ducklett around as HM slaves. 

I'm trying to use Gen 5 pokemon exclusively so I can get a taste of what's new (sorry, Riolu that I used for the first Gym).  I want to round out my party out to four eventually, so I'm open to trying out some new pokes.  Recently caught a Mienfoo, also thinking about training up a Timburr or a Tynamo that I caught ages ago.  I could use some Fighting or Electric coverage. 

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4131 on: December 17, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »

Ep. 2 of The Walking Dead. More tough decisions to make. More drama. More tension. I Love it.
Clementine is so sweet. I fear for her.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4132 on: December 17, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I asked for some guidance as far as some non-RPG's to indulge.....here I sit a few weeks later totally dwarfed by the amount of games I sampled and "had to have"-LoL.... I made so many trips to the gamestore, buying, trying and returning I think I need some form of treatment...

Here is what I learned about myself....
A. I suck at fighting games and they are no fun for me.... Also I learned that they haven't made a good Dragon Ball Z fighter in a loooong time... On that note anyone remember a little oddball-import-treasure known as DBZ Legends from the PS1/Saturn Era??? 10 points to whomever does....
B. I hate guns, modern day or futuristic warfare and heavy artillery... even good games with this type of thematic and setting aggrivate me.... I have yet to try borderlands though, so that may change...
C. Platformers..... PLATFORMERS ROCK!!! I am still loving Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time
D.Beat em ups are cool.... not as cool as platformers though.... Asuras Wrath and Bayonetta are total keepers... Beat em up+ RPG elements=good time..... Sleeping Dogs= Super cool with the exception of a setting I couldn't stand... sleeping dogs ended up as a return BTW
E. Lego Games are a great time..... I never would have guessed.... especially since I haven't indulged any of the western media they are based on with the exception of the Lord of the Rings.... Lord of the Rings is a total keeper...
F. I don't know much about puzzle games.... but I know Katamari is interesting enough to add to my library for 15 bucks.... Katamari is a keeper
G. I haven't played a mario title or a zelda title since the days of N64.... though Zelda and Paper Mario are RPGs in many respects and by many peoples standards (mine included) these demanded my attention.... Twilight Princess and Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door added to the gaming library...

So now that I've got enough outside the realm of my typical tastes to keep me busy for quite awhile.... onto today's gaming

...... in spite of all of these new titles I've been trying I still can't tear myself away from X-Com...... this is by far the best strategy game I've played in ages.... I want to quit everything else in life until I see this one through-LoL... it is THAT addicting..... took down a cloaked craft today and recovered a very interesting device... gee golly, I never though western sci-fi could prove so absorbing for me

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4133 on: December 17, 2012, 09:05:25 PM »

OK...12 hours into Enchanted Arms and I adore this game! Why in the hell does it not get more love?

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4134 on: December 18, 2012, 01:15:03 AM »

Beat Metroid with the Justin Bailey code in under 20 minutes. Got the ending where Samus takes her suit off and it's revealed that she is actually a skeleton.

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4135 on: December 18, 2012, 11:41:52 AM »

finished The Walking Dead Episode 2. Damn, that was fucked up.
Back to Witcher 2 until I DL the next Ep. I'm trying to wait a week in between each Ep., but I totally just want to keep playing. We'll see.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4136 on: December 18, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »

...... in spite of all of these new titles I've been trying I still can't tear myself away from X-Com...... this is by far the best strategy game I've played in ages.... I want to quit everything else in life until I see this one through-LoL... it is THAT addicting..... took down a cloaked craft today and recovered a very interesting device... gee golly, I never though western sci-fi could prove so absorbing for me

Given your distaste for games involving guns and war this is a pretty strong statement about how engaging the game is. :P

I've almost finished with God of War III and really enjoying it, though -- and this will seem an odd statement about a God of War game -- there's a bit too much combat for my taste.  Don't get me wrong, I understand that the combat is a fundamental part of God of War's formula, but there are times when I think 'okay, okay, enough with the combat, I want to get back to getting things done!'

Etrian Odyssey III continues to be awesome, though I am finding backtracking through each level of the labyrinth every time I descend tedious.  I've just entered the second stratum and I'm hoping to find an exit to the surface when I map out the first floor.  Still, I continue to find the pretty environments and mapping process quite relaxing.  Also, I find the IGN review of Etrian Odyssey 3 rather bizarre and hope they find someone better to review IV when it comes out.

For example: "Channeling the days of pen and paper RPGs, Etrian Odyssey also utilizes a grid-based map on the lower DS screen for you to track your progress. Unfortunately this game adopts such a "hardcore means not explaining anything" mindset that it doesn't teach you how to use the map the most important tool at your disposal. Sure, there's a basic intro, but the legend is never explained and there are some pretty random icons included (a hand? Scissors? The letter "E"? What does it all mean?!)."  But...but....but....getting to customize your map anyway you want with your own legend is the point!  Also, I use the scissor icon to indicate places where there are plants I can chop or pluck.  Makes sense to me....

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4137 on: December 18, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »

C. Platformers..... PLATFORMERS ROCK!!! I am still loving Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time
I'm glad you're enjoying Crack in Time.  I've already made my Ratchet & Clank love evident, so I'll just give you an internet high-five and go back to playing Pokeymans. 

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4138 on: December 18, 2012, 04:33:28 PM »

finished The Walking Dead Episode 2. Damn, that was fucked up.
Back to Witcher 2 until I DL the next Ep. I'm trying to wait a week in between each Ep., but I totally just want to keep playing. We'll see.

Same question as before: what decisions did you make?

Code:
I gave food to Duck, Mark, Larry and Clem. I played neutral between Lilly and Kenny until I was forced to choose, and then I sided with Lilly. The first time I played the episode I killed Danny but not Andy, but the second time (since the game didnt keep my save for some reason), I didn't kill either brother. Also, I didn't raid the car at the end of the episode.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4139 on: December 18, 2012, 08:02:32 PM »

Klyde, have you played Rayman Origins? It'll probably be on sale on Steam soon if you haven't.

If you like platformers, you should play Rayman Origins.

http://www.robitstudios.com/treasure-adventure-game/ <- This is also a good choice, and free.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: