Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:23:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334781 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 428124 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4875 on: April 18, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »

I've been playing a lot of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus lately.  As I said in my earlier post about it, it's a surprisingly fun game.  And I've come to realize something else: it's a easy platinum.  You'll get most of the trophies just playing through the game normally without having to do anything special.  I'm not quite there yet (haven't done all the modes with all the characters yet), but looking at the list I've realized that there's only one sort of tricky trophy that I don't have yet.  And I'm sure I could get it if I really tried.

The thing is, in all my time gaming I still haven't gotten a single platinum trophy.  There are a few games I've thought about doing it for, but there's always at least some BS trophy I just don't want to bother with.  This time I think I could totally do it...but do I really want my first platinum trophy to be for Senran Kagura...

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4876 on: April 18, 2013, 09:33:27 PM »

Dooo Eeet... Be a nerd. Live with the shame.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4877 on: April 18, 2013, 09:36:23 PM »

I've been playing a lot of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus lately.  As I said in my earlier post about it, it's a surprisingly fun game.  And I've come to realize something else: it's a easy platinum.  You'll get most of the trophies just playing through the game normally without having to do anything special.  I'm not quite there yet (haven't done all the modes with all the characters yet), but looking at the list I've realized that there's only one sort of tricky trophy that I don't have yet.  And I'm sure I could get it if I really tried.

The thing is, in all my time gaming I still haven't gotten a single platinum trophy.  There are a few games I've thought about doing it for, but there's always at least some BS trophy I just don't want to bother with.  This time I think I could totally do it...but do I really want my first platinum trophy to be for Senran Kagura...

I wish I could have been the employee to sell it to you.

(I'm just messing, glad you're enjoying it!)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4878 on: April 18, 2013, 09:55:13 PM »

Kissed the music box guy in Chulip.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4879 on: April 18, 2013, 11:11:17 PM »

Playing lots of Theatrhythm... it's like Elite Beat Agents but with music I care about. The battle music gameplay is the most fun out of the three.

Also playing Outland on PSN. Downloaded it for free with Playstation Plus and it's turned out to be surprisingly fun. The boss battles are epic feeling and I love the puzzles/gameplay that come from switching between red and blue energies. The fourth boss battle was really well done. I'd recommend this game to anyone that likes Metroidvania style games.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4880 on: April 18, 2013, 11:56:17 PM »

Playing lots of Theatrhythm... it's like Elite Beat Agents but with music I care about. The battle music gameplay is the most fun out of the three.

Also the hardest.  The DLC tracks are especially hard and made me slightly crazy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4881 on: April 19, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »

Aside from being excited as hell for The Devil Within, I got back about more than a week ago to Uncharted 3 multiplayer and there's this animal theme skins to buy.

The T-Rex and Lion skins actually look really good while playing the game.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4882 on: April 19, 2013, 09:27:08 PM »

Well, Timesplitters 2 sucks :(

Did the first two missions in Lost Kingdom. Think I'm digging this -- it's like Geneforge meets Granstream Saga.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:46:07 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4883 on: April 20, 2013, 02:39:12 AM »

A friend and I played through Fox Hunt on PS1. Funny as hell FMV game but the last segment is impossible.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4884 on: April 20, 2013, 03:45:49 PM »

Kissed the guy in the gimp suit and the glasses sewer person in Chulip. Leveled up.

Also herumgefuckte in Jade Cocoon a bit. Got some buggamons, fused them, found a key that I'm gonna save. The atmosphere in this game is phesominal.

Oh, did the first like two levels in Otogi. Feels like Lost Kingdoms meets ninja.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:13:48 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4885 on: April 20, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »

Today was my first day off work all week so to "celebrate" I played @4 hours of Dead Island, good clean zombie killing fun. I can see all the little side quests getting a tad old though, hopefully it all meshes together eventually, but somehow I doubt it will

Everything's Eventual
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4886 on: April 20, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »

So, I finally got to play Suikoden III. The only installment that never made it to our shores. Twas a damn fine game, some complaints and grievances but otherwise I was pretty damn pleased.

So now that I have played them all my personal list of best Suikoden is:

Suikoden II
Suikoden V
Suikoden III
Suikoden
Suikoden IV

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4887 on: April 20, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »

I give up, I'm not platinuming Senran Kagura.  There's just one trophy standing in my way but it seems completely impossible to me.  Basically the game has this system where if you send an enemy flying you tap circle to chase after them, then if you do an air combo and send them flying again you can keep chasing them and repeating this.  The tophy is to do this 10 times in a row without hitting the ground.  The problem is:

1.  It's not even theoretically possible to do this until you grind for a while and max out a certain stat because before you do that you're not even allowed to keep air combo-ing indefinitely.  Which makes it a bit of a pain in the ass but also leads to problem 2...
2.  Once you've grinded enough to get that stat maxed out you've probably hit the level cap and your attacks are doing a ton of damage.  Which unfortunately means, at least on normal, none of your opponents can actually survive 10 combos in a row.  They're dead well before that and the match ends.  So try the match on hard, you say.  Well...
3.  The problem with doing it on hard is that the computer friggin cheats.  It doesn't even react to being hit half the time.  Seriously, I've seen it counterattack in the middle of being hit by my attack.  This isn't a skill thing, that's not supposed to be possible.  The player certainly can't just shrug off hits like that.  And there is no way to keep a combo chain going that long if your opponent isn't even being affected by your attacks!

I wasted like 4 hours yesterday trying to get this one stupid trophy and go nowhere.  This is why I hate trophy hunting...

Oh, this trophy is a friggin bronze BTW...

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4888 on: April 20, 2013, 10:57:45 PM »

So, I finally got to play Suikoden III. The only installment that never made it to our shores. Twas a damn fine game, some complaints and grievances but otherwise I was pretty damn pleased.

So now that I have played them all my personal list of best Suikoden is:

Suikoden II
Suikoden V
Suikoden III
Suikoden
Suikoden IV

This is about right. Now go play Tactics or whatever you guys call it. Seriously, its the half of Suki IV that doesn't suck.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4889 on: April 21, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »

Just got a 32 gig Vita memory card, so now I can carry around more than two games at once.

...Although I will just end up playing FFVI.

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: