Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 12:09:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318992 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 356174 times)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5085 on: May 29, 2013, 10:04:12 PM »

More FF VI Advance. Recruited everyone other than Locke and Gogo and about to rectify that. Just picked up Relm and Strago, and then messed around the Veldt for awhile trying to get more Behemoth Suits.  Didn't get any, but I did teach Relm Fir/Blizz/Thund-aga in the process!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5086 on: May 29, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »

Finished The Sea Will Claim Everything. THE FEELS. THEY FEEL.

Dust - So I found Normal mode kind of easy and bumped it up to the next hardest difficulty and started getting one-shotted by stuff. FEELS GOOD. (Apparently the hardest difficulty is like Dark Souls mode).

--- edit ---

More Dust. Holy crap tough mode is fun. And kind of brutal. Archer's Pass had some inspiring moments in it.

Also you have like no health ever. Heal points only heal you up to 79 HP or so. I think dumping level up gems into defense and attack are more useful on higher difficulties.

(Fidget is kind of coquettish).

Shining Force 1 - Started playing this. Managed to get farther than I... did the first time I tried to play this. I am enjoying it and starting to regret not picking up SF3 when I saw it (FUQ!!!). Anyway, having trouble leveling up my healers. Oh well.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:09:28 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5087 on: May 31, 2013, 06:21:43 AM »

Phase three Lucifer is causing me trouble in Devil Survivor. Three almighty attacks in a row just devastated my main attack party.

I have been thinking about getting Wizardry 8 from GoG. Saw some screenshots that really interested me. I have never played a wizardry game before. Also saw that 6+7 are connected somehow with 8. The two come together so I am wondering if I should get them first. They kind of give me a might and magic feeling although I have only played M&M 6 and 8.

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5088 on: May 31, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »

Dust - So I found Normal mode kind of easy and bumped it up to the next hardest difficulty and started getting one-shotted by stuff. FEELS GOOD. (Apparently the hardest difficulty is like Dark Souls mode).

--- edit ---

More Dust. Holy crap tough mode is fun. And kind of brutal. Archer's Pass had some inspiring moments in it.

Also you have like no health ever. Heal points only heal you up to 79 HP or so. I think dumping level up gems into defense and attack are more useful on higher difficulties.

(Fidget is kind of coquettish).

Shining Force 1 - Started playing this. Managed to get farther than I... did the first time I tried to play this. I am enjoying it and starting to regret not picking up SF3 when I saw it (FUQ!!!). Anyway, having trouble leveling up my healers. Oh well.

Even though she is not the best looking game anymore, Shining Force 1 and 2 are still great games. I would love a remake with some achievements and touched up graphics, like they did with Final Fantasy 1 and 2 for PSP.

What is the word on Dust:ET? Looks so good, especially for 15 bucks.

As for me, more Final Fantasy Tactics and FF6.

FFT- Grinding at the start. Doing better than I ever have. I am surprised at how much grinding you need to do at the start.

FF6- At the Veldt working on Rages.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5089 on: May 31, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »

Question:

Have access to an Ocarina of Time 3DS with Master Quest already unlocked thanks to Dicey.  I've played regular OOT back in the day when it came out on the N64, but haven't touched it since.  Is it worth playing MQ over regular?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5090 on: May 31, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »

Even though she is not the best looking game anymore, Shining Force 1 and 2 are still great games. I would love a remake with some achievements and touched up graphics, like they did with Final Fantasy 1 and 2 for PSP.

What is the word on Dust:ET? Looks so good, especially for 15 bucks.

Dust is really great so far. My main complaint is some of the combos are a bit fiddly, and uh, some of the portrait quality is inconsistent.

(Also I rather like how Genesis games look and sound. It's very specific to that system).

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5091 on: May 31, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »

Question:

Have access to an Ocarina of Time 3DS with Master Quest already unlocked thanks to Dicey.  I've played regular OOT back in the day when it came out on the N64, but haven't touched it since.  Is it worth playing MQ over regular?

Either/or is probably fine. MQ does have a bit of freshness in regards to the dungeons but many of them aren't really that hard or THAT different from their original incarnations. I will say however that if you've memorized the vanilla version's dungeons then MQ is probably the better choice overall since between the graphical and UI changes and the different level design it'll sorta feel like you're playing a brand new game.

Meanwhile, I've beaten Liberation Maiden and started Crimson Shroud. LM is literally :qqsay::japan::qqsay: but the gameplay isn't too bad. Crimson Shroud feels like a spiritual successor to Vagrant Story so far with a bit of D&D thrown in for flavor mostly.

I've also started Nier and have made it to the Junkyard and got the 3x Titanium Alloys needed to continue. I expect :qq: to start up sooner or later.

Been cleaning up my SSBB file which I started back when the game was new in 08 since apparently my siblings got lives while I wasn't looking and are all but gone now and I expect a "Surprise!" announcement on regards to SSBIV's release date in the next couple of days. So I've finally broke down and started cheesing the unlock requirements for the last melee stage, all the stage requisite music tracks, unlocking all of the tracks (the game's got an awesome soundtrack), clock in over 100 hours of brawl time (thank god for GCN controllers), building custom stages that I should delete since they're all boring and not even fully utilizing all the available pieces (because you needed to build 15 of the fuckers to unlock the last stage builder set and it's bollocks), and clearing All-Star mode with EVERYBODY (fucking tedious as all hell). Now I just have to clear Boss Battles with everyone which goes by much faster (and I've already made far more headway into that endeavor than All-Star Mode), then surviving the 15-minute man brawl and having everyone do the 100-man brawl (fuck those, I'm just going to use a hammer), and somewhere along the way, pick up all the stickers.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5092 on: June 01, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »

Question:

Haha that's kinda funny (so I assume everything arrived safely then).

Water dungeon in MQ is apparently easier, the first dungeon intimidated me a bit though (3 hearts for any dungeon sucks).
You apparently MUST have Din's Fire or whatever.
It's also not too too hard, Aeo said it well, it's just different.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5093 on: June 01, 2013, 08:58:51 PM »

Thanks for the tips.  I'll just play the regular version then.  It's been like 14 years since I last played it so it will pretty much feel new to me.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5094 on: June 02, 2013, 11:44:22 PM »

Going through Liberation Maiden and unlocking all the gallery items. This game's difficulty is weird...I played the game on the normal and had to get used to the control (that's fine), but when I went to easy, it literally was the easiest thing on the planet. When I switched over to Difficult, it was no harder than easy to me? Maybe it was my master skills that made it easy (holding left shoulder button and go in circles while holding a button down for lazer attack). (Note: the final boss on difficult, on the other hand, was very fun and very tedious to get his attack pattern. A pain, but was fun).

Playing through oracle of ages and seasons right now. Halfway done with Seasons. Super fun. :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:50:59 PM by Wild Armor » Logged

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5095 on: June 02, 2013, 11:53:05 PM »

Beat FF VI with a party in the neighborhood of levels 38 to 40. I tried running through the Advance-exclusive Dragon's Den dungeon, but got smacked down by the first boss.  I think I need to get levels a little higher, maybe at least 45 to 50.  I want to clear that ****, so I'm off to the Maranda region....

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5096 on: June 03, 2013, 12:11:56 AM »

Super Fire Emblem Awakening: Extreme Elimination Challenge

Just cleared Chapter 16 and managed to endure the gauntlet of Warriors, Heroes, Falcon Knights, Bow Knights, and Snipers. Lost Leonardo, Nyna, and NA Marth (which sucks because I liked having a unit with Good Growths and Charm; oh well, either way I still have two more to pick from). Went on a recruitment drive and picked up Moulder, Athena, Quan, and Altena. Got to Chapter 17, realized I needed two healers, backed out, then recruited Raquesis at the expense of all my temp stat boosters so I ended up having to hit up Golden Gaffe again which means....

As for the unfortunate grinding I've had to partake in. I've made....
-One run through Champions of Yore 1.
-One run through Champions of Yore 2.
-One run through Champions of Yore 3. (The All Stats +2 skill scroll went to Chrom respectfully.)
-Five runs through Golden Gaffe. (I managed to collect all of the funds on the fourth run.)
-One run through Exponential Experience.
-One skirmish battle.

As for character performances, Chrom has hit his Strength, Skill, and Speed caps (so any further stat boosters will be held on to for phase 3 of my plan), Est is still queen shit wrecker (especially now that she's built up enough weapon ranks to use Steel Swords), Mycen still an armored backpack with good weapon selections, Altena's a flying brick shit house (magic will annihilate her but that's what pairing her up with a Battle Priest and burning through Pure Waters are for), Quan's balanced as all hell and has a good skill selection, Athena's making for a good speed booster (overall a better replacement for NA Marth), I really want to still keep using Florina and Micaiah but Florina still can't take more than a single hit and Micaiah is too far behind to contribute as anything more than a magic charger, Mia's still my walking lockpick and if it ever comes to it, I'm jettisoning Amelia at the first sign of trouble (she's crap and not even really worth it as an armored backpack anymore).

Of course the enemy has stepped it up too and are finally using Lunatic exclusive skills in story missions. Now enemies are sporting Hit+10.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5097 on: June 03, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »

Played a marathon session of Dishonored this morning after finishing Asura's Wrath a cpl days ago...so far I like it but it seems to be going a tad slow, but I like the open world/many missions aspect.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5098 on: June 03, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »

Dust: Still in Abadis Forest. I keep getting killed by jellyfish. Guess I need a jellyfish reflector.

Dawn of Ys: Beat the third boss. That was really easy.

Phantasy Star 2: TEEHEE.

Shining Force: Got the Orb of Light and picked up Arthur. I want to write baudy fanfics about Ken and Arthur making out. Totally. And I realized I never even got to Chapter 2 the first time I tried playing SF a million years ago in the Smash Pack. I was bad at games in Seventh Grade. ... Oh also I like how all the book shelves can be checked, and how dialogue updates in towns over time. I figured this would be like Phantasy Star 2 and not really hold up well but no, it's great, and I love it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:33:33 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #5099 on: June 03, 2013, 11:24:37 PM »

Playing Class of Heroes 2 for review. ONWARD TO DUNGEON CRAWL!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: