Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:37:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331378 Posts in 13572 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 411062 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5100 on: June 04, 2013, 08:44:03 AM »

Played a marathon session of Dishonored this morning after finishing Asura's Wrath a cpl days ago...so far I like it but it seems to be going a tad slow, but I like the open world/many missions aspect.

I'm just starting the second mission. I can appreciate that they're trying to do something different, but it's just not gelling with me.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5101 on: June 04, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »

so far I like it but it seems to be going a tad slow

From my understanding it was inspired by the Thief games, so yeah I imagine this would happen :(

I never got past mission 2 in Thief 2 because of it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5102 on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »

Started up Ys Origin because, reasons. Made it to the fire dungeon with the chick. Surprisingly playable, even with laptop controls.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5103 on: June 04, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »

Phase three Lucifer is causing me trouble in Devil Survivor. Three almighty attacks in a row just devastated my main attack party.

I have been thinking about getting Wizardry 8 from GoG. Saw some screenshots that really interested me. I have never played a wizardry game before. Also saw that 6+7 are connected somehow with 8. The two come together so I am wondering if I should get them first. They kind of give me a might and magic feeling although I have only played M&M 6 and 8.

Played Wiz 8 back in the day, only one I really ever played.

They are similar to Might and Magic series, but a bit more in depth and "hardcore". The storylines from 6 through 8 are more or less continuous, and you can carry your party through the whole way, but 6 and 7 are pretty archaic compared to today's standards. 6 doesn't even have an automap, and 7 does, but it's related to skill level.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5104 on: June 04, 2013, 01:50:49 PM »

Just play Wizardry IV.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5105 on: June 04, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »

Just play Wizardry IV.

Ahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaa

Anyway, if you get the wizardry games from GOG, don't play Wizardry Gold. It's busted and always has been. Original DOS W7 is available as an extra. Use that.

And if you get Wizardry 8, please try out my fast animation mod :(((

--- edit ---

Shining Force - Up to Chapter 3. Next map looks kind of woo golly.

Dust - Beat Fuse.

OFF - Got the second hula hoop and in the maze.

--- edit ---

Up to Zone 3 in OFF.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:05:46 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5106 on: June 04, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »

I've been playing a new game of Pokemon White 2 lately. My first time through, I destroyed the second half of the game soloing with Cobalion. This time, instead of trying to finish the game as soon as I can, I'm trying to build a good team without using any of the legendary Pokemon. Right now I have six badges and I'm busy raising some Pokemon before I attempt the seventh gym leader.

I caught an Aron at level 30 and got it up to a lvl 45 Aggron within an hour. Lucky Egg and fighting one of those trainers who you can fight endlessly does wonders.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5107 on: June 04, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »

Played Wiz 8 back in the day, only one I really ever played.

They are similar to Might and Magic series, but a bit more in depth and "hardcore". The storylines from 6 through 8 are more or less continuous, and you can carry your party through the whole way, but 6 and 7 are pretty archaic compared to today's standards. 6 doesn't even have an automap, and 7 does, but it's related to skill level.

Thanks for the advice. I have seen a lets play showing the beginning of the game and I don't think the age of the game will bother me. Guess I will have to resort to drawing my own maps though. Brings back memories of those fighting fantasy adventure books I got as a kid.

Just play Wizardry IV.

Ahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaa

Anyway, if you get the wizardry games from GOG, don't play Wizardry Gold. It's busted and always has been. Original DOS W7 is available as an extra. Use that.

And if you get Wizardry 8, please try out my fast animation mod :(((

Had no idea about that. How bad is it? I don't mind playing the DOS version but I thought Gold had added in a lot of stuff.

I actually have very little knowledge when it comes to PC gaming. I have yet to play games such as Planetscape:Torment, Balders Gate, the Ultima series(4 is free on GOG so I will have to try that), Wizardry or Neverwinter Nights. One of the reasons I want to play Wizardry above the others is due to being in a dungeon crawler mood.

I will be sure to try the mod if I ever find myself actually getting past 6 and 7.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5108 on: June 04, 2013, 11:07:30 PM »

I don't mind playing the DOS version but I thought Gold had added in a lot of stuff.

Gold adds really bad voice acting that leads to random pauses in gameplay, text that scrolls by too fast to be readable, a (dysfunctional) Windows GUI, redrawn portraits (which are terrible), and introduces a lot of bugs. It doesn't add anything in terms of GAMEPLAY content, and actually renders one of the skills useless. It's basically a clusterfuck,

(The Worlds of Ultima games are also free on GOG).

I need to play Euro Truck Sim 2 while listening to Random Access Memories. Tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:33:44 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5109 on: June 05, 2013, 12:44:43 AM »

Made some headway into both Ys Origins and Crimson Shroud. Up to the earth section with the grrl and about to enter into chapter four respectfully.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5110 on: June 05, 2013, 11:03:51 AM »

Eternal Sonata - I hate Party Level ups. D:
Viola is a fucking queen in [anime] farmer clothes.  Her bow wrecks serious shit.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5111 on: June 05, 2013, 02:08:19 PM »

Eternal Sonata - I hate Party Level ups. D:
Viola is a fucking queen in [anime] farmer clothes.  Her bow wrecks serious shit.

Headshots are the way to go...it'll save you in the long run.

Playing through FF6 for my sister's sake in seeing it before I head off to New Hampshire. Need to head northwest to go pick up that Screaming Purple Banshee up in Zozo. Also, I am making an attempt not to care about leveling--trying to rush this game so I can get ready for Rune Factory 4 and finish up Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny.

Word.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5112 on: June 05, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »

I own pretty much any that have come out in the last decade, but I have only ever finished one Harvest Moon/Rune Factory game.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5113 on: June 05, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »

trying to rush this game so I can get ready for Rune Factory 4 and finish up Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny.

Word.

Really hyped about Rune Factory 4, but since I am European and the 3DS is region locked I am out of luck. No importing for me this time.

---

Playing Wizardry VI at the moment. The game is pretty brutal at the moment but I am really enjoying myself. It does look like I will have to draw a map though. I have been trying to understand the classes and races at the moment. The manual is helpful but it still leaves unanswered questions.

I also need to decide should I have a Bard or a Thief. The thief can unlock stuff better than the bard but the Bards sleep inducing musical instrument is kickass. Thought about having both but neither seem strong enough to be a frontline fighter. Only problem I had at all with the game at all was the low SP at character creation but downloading Cosmic Forge rose the probability of getting usable amounts. The combat itself is great fun.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5114 on: June 05, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »

Bard's are essential in W7 as far as I'm concerned. The thing with putting an enemy to sleep is that you basically have a 100% hit chance against them, their defense is reduced WHILE they're asleep, and they're not going to be attacking you in the mean time. Yes, there's magic that sleeps enemies too, but early on it's a lot less accurate and more expensive.

I don't think I used a bard in W6 so maybe less necessary there, but still I can imagine them being super useful. You DO tend to have a higher base hit rate in W6, though, which helps.

Also I THINK Ninjas and Bards have some thief skills? You can eventually get the bard's thief skills higher, anyway.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: