Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 03:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319823 Posts in 13050 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 362103 times)
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5415 on: July 11, 2013, 10:31:11 PM »

Oh man, the Steam Summer sale is in full force. I got all the DLC for Borderlands 2 for 13 bucks. Stoked. I am also thinking of getting a few more games I dont have time to play, mostly XCOM. I loved the demo and just did not have the cash or time to drop 50 on it.

So yea, more BL2. The game rocks it to Russia!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5416 on: July 12, 2013, 02:01:50 AM »

Lands of Lore 1 continues to be is a lot better than 2 so far. About to go to the Draracle's Cave. The puzzles are... fairly simple and very Dungeon Mastery, but they're not obtuse. There's humor in the game but it's not stupid, and it's a lot better written than LoL2 from what I've seen -- it can be serious when it wants to.

Also the dungeons actually have enemies that attack you.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5417 on: July 12, 2013, 02:25:50 AM »

Pokemon White: Caught a Solosis. Named it Membro.
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5418 on: July 12, 2013, 11:12:39 AM »

Still pluggin' away at GTA IV's missions. I just started working for Phil Bell. I know I've complained about the mediocrity of some of the missions before, but some of these later game ones are getting more complex and interesting. 4+ star law enforcement evasion is fun when you have all 3 islands to race around in. Especially in the car you eventually collect from Bernie. 
I'm done with the whole dating thing. Banged all 4 of the bang-able chicks, so I'm good with that whole scene. It gets tedious and old quick. I'm glad they did away with it for the 5th entry.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5419 on: July 12, 2013, 12:33:33 PM »

Pokemon White: Caught a Solosis. Named it Membro.
When I found out that there was a Pokemon named Solosis I practically flipped a ****.  "Solosis" is only one letter away from my real-life surname.  Let's just say that I definitely had a Reungiclus in my final six. Along with Haxorus, Hydreigon, Mienshao, Excadrill, and Serperior. 

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5420 on: July 12, 2013, 11:55:17 PM »

Feelin' good!

At the home stretch of the main game in Graces F and still have over 3 weeks to get as much done in the game as I possibly can. I firmly believe that unless I hit a roadblock that's just too tough for me or something, I have a good chance of finishing every side quest and getting almost every title before Xillia comes out. Especially if I can keep up my pace, I put 35 hours in this game this week.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5421 on: July 13, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »

I'm not saying I play a damn pro support Leona... but here's my match history =D

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5422 on: July 13, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »

Is she fun to play?  I wanted to give her a try before she went off the free list.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5423 on: July 13, 2013, 02:03:26 PM »

I don't know about others, but I find she's almost OP.
double stuns + root is just madness.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5424 on: July 13, 2013, 03:15:16 PM »

Lands of Lore - Found out you could revive your dudes with healing magic. Game got a lot smoother-going. Anyway, in the Draracle's cave. Up to three party members.

Ys Chronicles - Dick around in Minea. I like how this game let's you spend quite a bit of time dicking around and talking to NPCs if you want to -- or just let's you blow through it in like 30 minutes if you DON'T.

Street FighFUCK T-HAWK'S COMMAND GRABS. GHOD!

Persona 3 - Did like two days and went into the dungeon. Finished some Elizabeth request. I can do another really easy when I hit level 26. But I already cleared the current dungeon block and I don't really want to grind. Also somehow I'm at 30 hours in and I didn't get Fuuka that long ago? WTF how did I do THAT? I'm experience level 24 though so I don't think I'm over-level, based on the demons I'm getting in the three-card monte splemfs.  Also the combat definitely feels really easy still :T.

Baroque - I killed some jumping eye flaily dude and it dropped a trap and I stepped on it and my sword and angelic rifle turned into meat and then the mat turned rotten but I ate it anyway and it restored all my health and then later I accidentally set myself on fire and died from a fire trap I placed, but I got better so I kept going and stepped on a monster trap and these half women half slug things attacked me and then suddenly everything was naked pixies and I died.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5425 on: July 13, 2013, 07:36:40 PM »

Attention gamers: "Nostalgia" as an argument is one of the laziest things ever -- NeoGAF

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5426 on: July 13, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »

I find it amusing that the poster would blame Mad Men for the use of the term 'nostalgia'...gamers have been abusing that word since long before Mad Men was even conceived of...

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5427 on: July 14, 2013, 02:51:31 AM »

Dark Souls - UnlockFPS in DSFix does miracles, my aging computer went from 15 to 25~35 fps. Let's see if the game is worth the hype.

New Vegas – The Strip and the meeting with Benny were underwhelming. I keep hoping something in the main quest will top Dead Money in terms of writing/atmosphere but no luck so far; maybe OWB or Lonesome Road will. Anyway, I have to deal with the Brotherhood but have no idea how to proceed. Kudos to Obsidian for not leaving an easy way out.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:07:03 AM by Draak » Logged
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5428 on: July 14, 2013, 03:46:06 AM »

Wait, what?

The game is hard capped at 30 FPS by default. Unlocking the FPS just removes that hard limit. If you can only get 15 without it on, you're only going to get 15 with it on. Are you sure you didn't change the resolution as well?

Unlessssssss turning on UnlockFPS selectively disables some collision detection to try to improve the framerate to whatever target you set, in which case you're going to want to turn UnlockFPS and reduce the internal rendering resolution to increase framerate.

Lands of Lore - I feel like I'm just mechanically exploring dungeons. This isn't all that fun anymore.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:53:10 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5429 on: July 14, 2013, 07:52:07 AM »

Playing Mugen Souls now. Slightly better than I was expecting I guess. I mean I am actually getting some laughs out of it. I dunno.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: