Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:47:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327891 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 390395 times)
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5430 on: July 14, 2013, 08:59:05 AM »

@MeshGearFox

I'm afraid I don't understand the finer details and inner workings of DSfix, but I did several tests nonetheless. From what I've gathered, the default render (ie internal) resolution is 1024x768. It doesnít mater if you set another display value (like 1920x1080), itíll just stretch the image because internally itís still rendering 1024x768.

Running the game at default settings = 15fps, meanwhile running default + unlockfps = 25+, a considerable gain. Whatever it does isn't linked to the resolution, at least not directly. In another test, downscaling the internal resolution to 800x600 boosted the perfomance at the cost of image quality and even more so when unlockfps was enabled. Setting the priority to High for DATA.exe in task manager helps a little too, just not as much as unlockfps.

Check the Dsfix ini file, the author made some interesting comments there.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:58:29 PM by Draak » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5431 on: July 14, 2013, 10:24:08 AM »

(I have to run the internal resolution at like 600 x 480 kekeke)

I remember having UnlockFPS enabled, with a target framelimit of 20 or 30. I don't remember how well it kept it at the target, but I do remember getting that it felt like my attacks weren't always connecting when I had it on, also some of the animations behaved really strangely with it on.

I could try running it with the target FPS set to 60 and see what happens.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: July 14, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »

Oddly enough (or not, because of NG+), the hard mode run of Metal Gear Rising is uh. Way smoother. Died my first non-fall death at Monsoon. And he's a good lesson in blocking.

Also, getting back into ME3MP after like six weeks was weird. I temporarily forgot how to run in a gold match. Oops.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5433 on: July 14, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »

In my continual tests of a newly gotten PS2, I've decided to settle an old score and fucking finish Megaman X7. Its amazing how little this game feels like a Megaman game.

As for the tests, the controller I got for the system randomly disconnects for some reason. Meanwhile, the controller from my original system works perfectly fine. I'm either going to have to find a new controller or let my sibling suck up the costs after I bestow my second PS2 onto him.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5434 on: July 14, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »

(I have to run the internal resolution at like 600 x 480 kekeke)

I remember having UnlockFPS enabled, with a target framelimit of 20 or 30. I don't remember how well it kept it at the target, but I do remember getting that it felt like my attacks weren't always connecting when I had it on, also some of the animations behaved really strangely with it on.

I could try running it with the target FPS set to 60 and see what happens.

Ha, now I have to try it out! Thought the internal res would only go as low as 800x600 since setting the display to 800x600 would crash the whole thing.

The author mentioned the possibility of glitches once unlockFPS was enabled, but I didn't notice any weirdness going on. Maybe a more stable version was released, I don't know. Framerate limit is currently set to 30, though the game was fine while running at a higher rate.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5435 on: July 14, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »

Ha, now I have to try it out! Thought the internal res would only go as low as 800x600 since setting the display to 800x600 would crash the whole thing.

Yeah, nevermind, I had it at 800x600. I don't think 640 x 480 crashes it but it stops fitting on the screen at that point. Display Width/Height should be set to your native resolution, though, and the in-game resolution should match what you give in the DSFix INI for best results.

Ys 1 - Somehow managed to spend an hour just fucking around and talking to NPCs. Anyway, up to the first boss.

Lands of Lore - Met the Draracle, dungeons haven't gotten interesting again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:40:27 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5436 on: July 14, 2013, 06:58:12 PM »

Got a question for those who have finished Tales of Graces F. Getting ready to finish up the main game, but in order to avoid hours of grinding, I was wondering if a couple things carry over to the future arc without the possibility of missing them. These things are: A) The Valkines Guardians. B) Warrior's Roost, all of it basically C) Soul Orb gathering (despite the crap rewards, the monsters in the area outside the sandshroud ruins take forever to kill).

If these things can be done in the future arc, then I'll just finish up and move on, but if not I've got some equipment upgrading ahead of me.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5437 on: July 14, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »

A) The Valkines Guardians. B) Warrior's Roost, all of it basically C) Soul Orb gathering

I think no
There's a new Warrior Roost
Yes

When you finish the future arc, you come back to the normal arc with everything you gathered. So, I wouldn't worry.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5438 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:44 PM »

Slowly moving along in The Last of Us. I've already died several times as well. New scenarios take me a few rounds to figure out. I'm definitely enjoying it.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5439 on: July 15, 2013, 01:19:51 AM »

A) The Valkines Guardians. B) Warrior's Roost, all of it basically C) Soul Orb gathering

I think no
There's a new Warrior Roost
Yes

When you finish the future arc, you come back to the normal arc with everything you gathered. So, I wouldn't worry.

It's pretty easy to go between F and normal arc like a weird infitnite time looping cycle; but keep in mind quests MEANT for the main game stay in the main game, F quests stay in the F arc.

Soul Orbs are probably one of the easiest Grade accumulators.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5440 on: July 15, 2013, 02:17:53 AM »

F quests stay in the F arc.

Quests that happen in the F arc, stay in the F arc. :v

Anyways, still ignoring the surgeon general's warning by continuing to play MMX7. Got X to stop sitting on his ass and it sucks that this is the first game since X3 where he's the best playable character in the game pound for pound since they gate him off until you're 5/8ths of the way through the Maverick stages and have probably allocated most of the rescue bonuses to Axl instead (I know that Zero is the "correct" choice but the game is pretty much designed around Axl's dumb gimmick so I'm probably stuck having to have him solo the endgame (though I would like to get X his full armor in hopes that it'll turn him around before then because he's really fucking behind). Also, its amusing how this game has the most intermissions in the X series with the least amount of anything happening in them.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5441 on: July 15, 2013, 04:22:26 AM »

Spent the weekend sort of sick, and marathoning Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD. I loved the comic book styled sequencing instead of using cinematic (obviously PSP limitations) but it worked out real well. The story was good, and pretty much everything I expected in a Metal Gear game.

Now that's done and out of the way, I think I will have to tandem Trails in the Sky and Sleeping Dogs. FFXIII-2 will have to wait until after these two titles and after Tales of Xillia.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5442 on: July 15, 2013, 11:02:02 AM »

In Terms of Tales Future Arc, once future is beaten, you can go back to the main game before the last boss, so anything you didn't complete in the regular game will be back, but yes, the game does segregate quests etc,
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5443 on: July 15, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »

After hearing all the good things about Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, I decided to give it a go. I am still playing Mass Effect 1 so the combat feels totally different.Don't plan on playing single player until I beat 1 and 2.  Yay for no overheating. The multiplayer is loads of fun so far. I am slightly below average when it comes to shooters but seem to be holding my own at least. My worry about being dead weight to the team doesn't seem to be valid at least. This is partly because I am only doing bronze levels at the moment but hopefully I will be able to do ok in silver next.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5444 on: July 15, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »

Spent the weekend sort of sick, and marathoning Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD. I loved the comic book styled sequencing instead of using cinematic (obviously PSP limitations) but it worked out real well. The story was good, and pretty much everything I expected in a Metal Gear game.

Now that's done and out of the way, I think I will have to tandem Trails in the Sky and Sleeping Dogs. FFXIII-2 will have to wait until after these two titles and after Tales of Xillia.

Did you go through the stuff after taking down Peace Walker? Because, its worth it if you do.

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: