Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 03:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338040 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 442619 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5520 on: July 24, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »

Yeah, after the Uncharted games I just say fuck it to trophies for Naughty Dog games. I love collectibles, I adore them far more than any person should. But there is NO reason for them to be in a linear game with no level select or such. Yeah, the notes tell some interesting stories, but they shouldn't count towards some arbitrary collection percentage.

The Uncharted games are the ones I've completed with honestly the least trophies/achievements. I've never platinumed a game nor gotten all of its achievements, but that series in particular I cared the least about collecting things and doing that sort of thing. Dunno why, because I'm more likely to aim for completion in games like Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear Rising.

Played a bit more Saints Row the Third. It sounds like the season pass isn't worth it, but at the very least I want to get Gangstas in Space. Because space. Also been trying to get back into ME3MP every once in a while. Surprisingly, SMTIV has had the slowest progress this week. I guess I'm just in more of a multiplayer mood lately.

Oh dear god no. It's much saner to do it in Uncharted where you typically just go ever so briefly off the path and see a sparkly. Collecting 100 feathers among other things? FUUUUUUCK that lol
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: July 24, 2013, 06:12:58 PM »

Hey, I never actually said I was *successful*. ;) More that I actually attempted it, whereas I just didn't care in Uncharted.

Rising requires all S ranks in Revengeance mode. I can do that on Hard and sometimes Very Hard but Revengeance omfg no

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5522 on: July 24, 2013, 06:42:41 PM »

I do agree that the collectables in Uncharted kind of broke the flow of the game.  You have these high-tension action movie moments frequently interrupted by spending several minutes scrounging around looking for shiny things.  It's just weird.

It actually makes more sense in the context of The Last of Us.  You're trying to survive.  Picking up anything remotely useful that's not nailed down fits the narrative.  Plus the game just has more quiet moments anyway.  Though there were some moments when looking for collectables felt forced, they were at least much less frequent.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5523 on: July 24, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »

I really love Asura's Wrath.

I remember playing the demo when it came out and it made me chuckle. But I'm really into the story and it's just plain old FUN

The music when you face Yasha for the first time is incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z__ijQyLG9o&feature=share&list=PLD3E8FEC1D776C7D8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDceasx9Ct4&feature=share&list=PLD3E8FEC1D776C7D8

edit: the View of the Valley and the Denied! are the best trophies I ever got in a game
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:42:34 PM by Yoda » Logged
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5524 on: July 25, 2013, 12:04:09 AM »

I spent 3 hours on D3 tonight because a friend got a new computer after a six month gap. Me and him and another friend played KW runs. Its not fun, its a chore. I won't be on it again unless a massive, game-changing expansion comes out.. Oh well. Shadowrun Returns is out anytime now. Excited:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5525 on: July 25, 2013, 04:50:47 PM »

Finally realized what throws me off about the beginning missions of Resonance of Fate. It's one of the only JRPG's I've played that doesn't have a main/supporting character that acts like he/she knows absolutely nothing about their own world or what their role in it is for the sake of exposition. Sega just says, "Here's some NPC's that talk about current happenings, figure it out yourself moron!" And I really like that about the game.

Also just rented a game for the first time in a very long time. Dynasty Warriors 8, time to see what this shit is all about.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5526 on: July 25, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »

I'm about 2 hours into Shadowrun Returns and I'm really digging it. A bit on the easy side but the story and everything else more than makes up for it. Plays like Xcom:EU in combat. Plus the included toolset means there will no doubt be lots of content coming. Best 20 bucks I've spent since Torchlight 2.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5527 on: July 27, 2013, 01:30:44 AM »

I started playing Dark Soul.
Chose the Thief starter with the tiny bit of HP accessory.
Right now I'm high dex + scimitar and shield.

Thank god for the tips on the floor o_O
I'm not sure I would have considered running away from the first big baddie.

Got all the way to the Minotaur and fought him a good number of times.
Funny enough, I won when I went SCREW THIS SHIT, LETS GO MANO A MANO, NO DODGING OR TACTIC ROOOOARG!!!!!!
Had 10,000 soul after that from all those corpse runs.

EDIT: Oh yeah, question - Is there a reason to keep the junk equipment I find on enemies? Can it be sold or something or I just discard it?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:34:32 AM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5528 on: July 27, 2013, 02:24:17 PM »

I 3DS shopped "The Attack of Friday Monsters" or some crap.....

Yeah, I'm not fond. 

It takes everything I hate about Studio Ghibli and Level-5 these days and rolls it up into one big ball of quaint, pedestrian, and bland.  But if you're a fan of the aforementioned teams, and you're a Japanophile, then this game is totaaalllyyy for you.

It was cheap, but I still think $7 is too much for it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5529 on: July 27, 2013, 04:33:58 PM »

I promoted a character in ME3 multiplayer which may have been a mistake. It brought me back to level 1 which made me revert back to Bronze battles until I rose up to around level 15. It seems to let me raise my N7 rank higher but so far N7 ranks appear useless. It doesn't even appear to be a good judge of a person's skill as some people probably just keep playing with the same character without promoting. Of course I could be wrong and N7 points are really important.

Collected all of the Sermons of Vivec with my unarmed healer in Morrowind, which was my goal in the first place. I think I will try to fight Vivec before I stop playing with this character.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5530 on: July 27, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »

Dividing my time between Shadowrun  and Van Helsing this evening. I really hope the new consoles bring more of these indie/kickstarter games to the forefront when they launch.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5531 on: July 27, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »

^and more cross-pollination between console/pc.

I did the secret ending in Asura's W.

I'm enjoying this game. Started the act 4 dlc and got stuck on the 2nd form of the 1st boss. For some reason this game just tickles me right in that spot
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5532 on: July 27, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »

Taking a break from SMTIV to play Project Cross Zone update: I ultimately gave up on trying to defeat T-elos in chapter 19 since three turns just isn't enough time to reach the center of the stage with more than Jin/Xiaoyu. You need at least three attackers to reach T-elos before she joins up with KOS-MOS and the western route is almost guaranteed to become a clusterfuck due to V-Dural blocking the route Harken/Kaguya need to take. And even if that did somehow work out, you'd still need a third team and the only units able to even draw close are Ryu/Ken and Reiji/Xiaomu, and due to the unfortunate choice support separation Vashyron isn't with this party for his +1 attack range skill and even Ryu/Ken's map attack is just one square shy of reaching T-elos by turn 3.

That said, I believe with the joining of KOS-MOS/T-elos, X/Zero, and Chris/Jill I should have every playable unit in the game. Now I just need to collect the rest of the supports having gained Alisa and Rikiya in the interim (incidentally, out of all the prologue characters only Bruno hasn't rejoined yet). Just beat chapter 21 which was interesting given that you're given a seize condition with a (still very generous) time limit and not very many characters to do it with compared to the usual team size.

Also nabbed me some Code of Princess for cheap earlier today and have started in on that. So far I'd say that $20 is almost about right, even if I've only scratched the surface so far.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5533 on: July 27, 2013, 11:37:15 PM »

Currently at the infamous Blighttown. Not so bad up to now, but then again, I just started the zone.
How did you guys end up there at the beginning of the game?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: July 27, 2013, 11:41:30 PM »

I promoted a character in ME3 multiplayer which may have been a mistake. It brought me back to level 1 which made me revert back to Bronze battles until I rose up to around level 15. It seems to let me raise my N7 rank higher but so far N7 ranks appear useless. It doesn't even appear to be a good judge of a person's skill as some people probably just keep playing with the same character without promoting. Of course I could be wrong and N7 points are really important.

Collected all of the Sermons of Vivec with my unarmed healer in Morrowind, which was my goal in the first place. I think I will try to fight Vivec before I stop playing with this character.

They're just for leaderboard purposes. Like you said, it's no indication of skill - I have friends that never promote.

I just promote to work towards the N7 Master challenge/banner.

Metal Gear Rising: I like finding things and playing VR missions.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: