Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 05:42:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327347 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 385787 times)
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5610 on: August 05, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »

Is 'Dice' one of these names because Dice is a good name?

Possibly...

We will see if I am able to record correctly...I think the only issue is that the highest I can go is 480p.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5611 on: August 05, 2013, 10:38:59 PM »

FFXIV!  OH SNAP!

FFX you could rename Tidus, but the last one you could name your whole party was FFIX, unless you count the spin-offs, then I think it was 4 Heroes.

It's no coincidence that the decline of a renameable party coincides with the rise in voice acting in games.

What? You don't like to be called Mai Boi or Guv' everytime, all the time?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5612 on: August 05, 2013, 11:16:19 PM »

Tekken Tag Tournament 2:

Finally after a long time of wanting to get into Tag 2 I've spent 2 days with the game and it has become easily one of my favorites (3D) fighting games.

Also I can't get enough of "Fallen Garden/Unknown". The guys that worked on the soundtrack did an excellent job.

FFX you could rename Tidus, but the last one you could name your whole party was FFIX, unless you count the spin-offs, then I think it was 4 Heroes.

IX actually started as a spin-off. Same with Resident Evil 3 that as started as 'Biohazard 1.9' way back in the day.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5613 on: August 05, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »

Tekken Tag Tournament 2:

Finally after a long time of wanting to get into Tag 2 I've spent 2 days with the game and it has become easily one of my favorites (3D) fighting games.

Also I can't get enough of "Fallen Garden/Unknown". The guys that worked on the soundtrack did an excellent job.

Are you playing on 360 or PS3?

Playing Xenoblade. Got to the heart of the Bionis interior and getting my ass kicked. Will be grinding tonight while I check on employment prospects.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5614 on: August 06, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »

PS3, and I'm giving myself enough time to adapt to the game before going online to get my ass kicked. :p
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5615 on: August 06, 2013, 12:21:56 AM »

Tekken Tag Tournament 2:

Playing Xenoblade. Got to the heart of the Bionis interior and getting my ass kicked. Will be grinding tonight while I check on employment prospects.

Oh god, that particular battle was such a massive slowdown fest. It was like playing Odin's Sphere all over again. Coincidentally, you should be strong enough now to start checking out some of the prohibitively high level areas like in around Colony 9 and Bionis's Leg. Also, if you're brave enough (or are willing to abuse the Save anywhere feature the game has), you can take a quick dash into and out of Tephera Caves Depths for some sicknasty Ether Crystal deposits (and some sweet Location/Landmark Discovery boosts).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5616 on: August 06, 2013, 12:23:58 AM »

PS3, and I'm giving myself enough time to adapt to the game before going online to get my ass kicked. :p

When I get back to Korea I'll send you my PSN ID.

I'll be pretty rusty so you'll have a good chance against me!

Aeolus - I've done a little bit of Tephra Caves - and got my ass kicked by level 97 spiders. I've got about 20 levels to go.

I might check out Colony 9 and Bionis' Leg now though, thanks.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:25:54 AM by Lard » Logged

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5617 on: August 06, 2013, 12:42:52 AM »

In all seriousness Toki Tori 2+ is totally my GOTY so far.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5618 on: August 06, 2013, 12:48:25 AM »

What if he named Sarah, Dice?

And yeah Reimi was pretty fun to play as.  When it comes to skill chains, she gots le damage in spades.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aeolus - I've done a little bit of Tephra Caves - and got my ass kicked by level 97 spiders. I've got about 20 levels to go.

C'mon man.  Tekken is Korea's favorite fighting game.  You should be awesome at it by now!

And yeah, Tephra cave is ridiculous as far as enemy levels go, but he's right it does have some nice crystal deposits.  I kinda wonder if Tephra Caves is for New Game+.  Seems like it to me given the level discrepancy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:52:54 AM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5619 on: August 06, 2013, 12:59:27 AM »

Yeah, but my copy is in Korea and I'm in Canada.

Hence why I'm rusty. :P

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5620 on: August 06, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »

What if he named Sarah, Dice?

And yeah Reimi was pretty fun to play as.  When it comes to skill chains, she gots le damage in spades.

C'mon man.  Tekken is Korea's favorite fighting game.  You should be awesome at it by now!

And yeah, Tephra cave is ridiculous as far as enemy levels go, but he's right it does have some nice crystal deposits.  I kinda wonder if Tephra Caves is for New Game+.  Seems like it to me given the level discrepancy.

Nah, you can totally do Tephra Depths during the first run since a bunch of quests open up that by the time you complete most of them you should be powerful enough to challenge the cave. Also the performance jump between rank 5 Ether Crystals and rank 6 Ether Crystals is fucking huge, like 2x better than the best rank 5 can do. Plus, the way that high level areas have their levels distributed, you can easily go to one, fight for a bit, then move on to the next. It also helps to do the final dungeon up to the point of no return which occurs when you step on a teleporter after beating a Dragon boss. In fact its probably better to treat all the side stuff that opens up once you open up Bionis's Interior as post game stuff so you get at least one fight against the final boss at the appropriate level.

Of course the one thing that irritates me about dealing with Tephra Depths is that you need to loot enemies therein to complete Reyn's second personality quest, and by the time you're ready to do that, he's probably maxed out his other four skill sets a while ago. Also Tephra Depths is not the worst thing to deal with in terms of the post game as there are some Unique Monsters that are ridiculously powerful and will kick your ass even after clearing Tephra Depths.

That said, update time:

Cleared. Took about 4 hours. Thank god there's a route split right after this.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5621 on: August 06, 2013, 10:31:20 PM »

I think with open-ended RPGs, my issue with the lack of NPC schedules isn't so much an issue with a lack of NPC schedules making it less realistic/immersive/whatever, but that, if you have something like Morrowind with a clear quest giver NPC and a clear quest target, and you essentially just run back and forth between the two, if the quest giver doesn't do anything in the mean time, and doesn't somehow change after the completion of the quest, the fact that you are just turning on a light switch and running across the world to turn it off again is really obvious.

Though I think Morrowind and Arcanum are the only RPGs that come to mind that are really silly about having NPCs just stay rooted to the spot no matter what.

Ys 2 - Had a hard time finding the Roda Fruit because I am an idiot.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5622 on: August 07, 2013, 12:09:52 AM »

Did a quick run of the first area of Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Yep, just how I remember it! I still need to finding that PSP charger...

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5623 on: August 07, 2013, 01:22:13 AM »

PSIV. I love the game of course but the more I play it, the more I miss PSO on my DC. I fondly remember months on end with PSO and Tool:Lateralus playing in the background:)  ..and I just got to Zio's  tower:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5624 on: August 07, 2013, 04:26:54 PM »

Sly Cooper 3:
45% Complete

Tales of Xillia:
-Man does it take forever to do anything in this game. I'm sure I could be moving faster, but as someone who has to explore every nook and cranny, the new environment style can get kind of tedious. Still not sure if there's one Adrei-whose-it Treasure in each submap, but that's the theory I'm working with.

-Gotten used to Milla's VA to the point I find the lisp, intentional or not, kind of endearing. The battle theme, however, has not grown on me at all. There's a lot of VGM that I just don't care for, but this is the first piece I can recall actively disliking. It doesn't help that battles are so frequent. Every other minute "NANANA NA NA NAAAA! NANANA NA NA NAAAAA!"

-It may sound like I'm disappointed, but I just find it to be a great game with several noticeable flaws. But the potential is there for something amazing, and I'm sure once I have a full party and am introduced to everything the game has to offer I'll start enjoying it much more.
(For reference's sake, I just left Milla's Shrine heading back to her village)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:28:35 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: