Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335290 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 435898 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5640 on: August 09, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »

The Last of Us - DAMN = the end of Summer. Wow.
So now it's Fall, and I'm
Code:
hooked up with Joels brother and his gang. I actually got angry at Joel for trying to dump Ellie. He can't do that! And then he's an ass to him about past stuff. Time to move on, dude. 
This game is 100% about the characters and story for me. The gameplay is fine, but it's just a means to an end. I'm excited, and a bit nervous, about how this is all going to pan out.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5641 on: August 09, 2013, 07:29:54 PM »

Dragon's Crown is great:) Went with an Elf. Oh BTW, I got some rings but I don't know how to use them....:S

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5642 on: August 09, 2013, 11:06:45 PM »

Finally beat DKCR.  Last few stages were a real pain.  But honestly, my favorite video game genre other than RPGs is platformers, and this was a hella-good platformer.  Too bad the new DKC is for a console I won't own until at least 2016. 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5643 on: August 09, 2013, 11:16:35 PM »

Toki Tori 2+ - You learn five songs during the course of the game. These amount to being abilities I guess. Normally you learn them by finding other birds singing them.

But there is, apparently, absolutely nothing stopping you from just experimenting and discovering them on your own, way ahead of time.

Anyway I got through the caves and found what, I guess, was sort of a plot point.

The way this game conveys stuff without text is masterful.

Ys 2 - After I missed getting the bell in the mines (I am stupid it wasn't even hard to find jesus), I am now up to the snow fields. I like the Chronicles music in Ys 2 a LOT more than the chronicles music in Ys 1.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5644 on: August 10, 2013, 01:57:52 AM »

New Vegas - Beaten! What a masterpiece, haven't put so many hours in a PC game since Dragon Age, way back in 2009. Good thing I managed to solve my issues with the camera or I would miss a truly great experience. Obsidian deserves all the praise, you can tell NV was a labor of love.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5645 on: August 10, 2013, 02:46:21 AM »

So I don't know what it is about my copy of Romancing SaGa but I'm getting sick of the game crashing every time I try entering the pub in Yeoville, so I've decided to put the game on the back burner for a bit and play something else. In this case I've decided on Valkyrie Profile 2 because, if I can actually stick with this game enough and not get pissed off by all the arcane bullshit that every Tri-Ace game loves to pull, I'll have gotten rid of one long standing game on my backlog (fucker's been on it since 2000 and six).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5646 on: August 10, 2013, 03:07:39 AM »

^ for VP2

I'd recommend reading about sealstone pouches (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/931102-/50836463)
They are very easily missable and not having them is a serious gimping.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5647 on: August 10, 2013, 03:34:54 AM »

So I don't know what it is about my copy of Romancing SaGa but I'm getting sick of the game crashing every time I try entering the pub in Yeoville

WTF? You're talking Minstrel Song, right?

Hold your disc up to a strong light source and see if the foil layer's eroding maybe?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5648 on: August 10, 2013, 04:09:36 AM »

^ for VP2

I'd recommend reading about sealstone pouches (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/931102-/50836463)

I'm about seven years ahead of you there chief. I'm carting 3 Sealstones around right now (for reference I'm only at the end of chapter 3).

So I don't know what it is about my copy of Romancing SaGa but I'm getting sick of the game crashing every time I try entering the pub in Yeoville

WTF? You're talking Minstrel Song, right?

Hold your disc up to a strong light source and see if the foil layer's eroding maybe?

Tried that, noticed nothing out of the ordinary. No scratches or anything.

My three suspicions are that a) the secondhand Slim PS2 I'm playing on is a piece of crap (I noticed the controller that came with it was acting up so I'm using my old controller from the PS2 I got out of Best Buy several years ago), b) I REALLY need to set up shop in a more well ventilated room (my current mancave gets stuffy in a matter of seconds when I shut off the fans; these are cheap and noisy fans and I can't hear shit when I'm playing video games with them on), or c) Sony consoles need a lifetime warranty (because seriously, I've gone three for four on crapped out Sony consoles, they all have exactly the same problem of overheating and causing the game to freeze spontaneously, whereas only my SegaCD has given me trouble, and my NES (but who's doesn't?)).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5649 on: August 10, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »

So, Gaming haps:

・Decided not to get any of the DLC characters for The King of Fighters XIII (at least, for now anyway) and instead get the 'Unlock All' DLC later.

・I learned that anyone who doesn't like PlatinumGames titles are assholes.

・Still loving the heck out of Tekken Tag 2.

・Can't wait to see if there's gonna be info or anything about of MGS V and The Evil Within at TGS.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5650 on: August 10, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »

^ for VP2

Sealstones made Valhalla a breeeezzzee

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: August 10, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »

Started Revengeance Mode in a moment of pure insanity. I've never successfully done the highest difficulty on any game that wasn't an RPG. Or even the first mission, but I don't bother all that much either. I'm surviving pretty damn well. Managed to parry/counter Blade Wolf into oblivion.. I never did that so fast on the lower difficulties...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:26:51 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5652 on: August 10, 2013, 06:18:18 PM »

Started Revengeance Mode in a moment of pure insanity. I've never successfully done the highest difficulty on any game that wasn't an RPG. Or even the first mission, but I don't bother all that much either. I'm surviving pretty damn well. Managed to parry/counter Blade Wolf into oblivion.. I never did that so fast on the lower difficulties...

Hard difficulty levels always make one a better player, and really bring out both the best aspects as well as flaws. That's why I exclusively play on Hard difficulty almost all the games, unless they're incredibly badly designed.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5653 on: August 10, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »

@kyuusei: Good luck on Revengeance mode!

@GrimReality: Late reply...

This game is 100% about the characters and story for me. The gameplay is fine, but it's just a means to an end.

That's not entirely true when you spend a chunk of time on the multiplayer. Not to mention that a lot of thought was given to the gameplay, I mean it kinda works like a smoother version of RE4 in a way.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5654 on: August 11, 2013, 04:23:50 AM »

Just been playing lots of Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy... 100%'ed Series and Challenge modes. I don't even know how I discovered this, but if you play without any armor or skills, you get a Stoic Bonus of +200,000 points which is allowing me to SS and (possibly) SSS songs.

Also had a random urge to play Pokemon so I started up Black Ver. 2 which has been collecting dust. Why am I not tired of these games?

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: