Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 11:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327786 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 389621 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5655 on: August 11, 2013, 03:38:26 PM »

Picked up Blur on Friday (with a bunch of other stuff) and been playing it a bit.
It's pretty fun.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: August 11, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »

Started Revengeance Mode in a moment of pure insanity. I've never successfully done the highest difficulty on any game that wasn't an RPG. Or even the first mission, but I don't bother all that much either. I'm surviving pretty damn well. Managed to parry/counter Blade Wolf into oblivion.. I never did that so fast on the lower difficulties...

Hard difficulty levels always make one a better player, and really bring out both the best aspects as well as flaws. That's why I exclusively play on Hard difficulty almost all the games, unless they're incredibly badly designed.

For sure. I do lots of hard modes, but rarely the *hardest*.... Seeing as I was really bad in my very first run through this game, and have played 4 times since, going on higher and higher difficulties put me to the test. Well except for Hard. Since upgrades carry over, it was a cakewalk. But it's really making me practice everything - parrying, blade mode, not so basic combos etc. that much more.

@Yggdrasil: Thanks. Somehow I expected to be so much worse at this mode.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5657 on: August 11, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »

Projectu Crossu Zoneu: Welp, got my second gameover. This one's more due to some bad planning and some bullshit on the game's part where two of stage 36's bosses procced their Speed *2 skills and effectively got four turns on Chris/Jill i.e. the mission critical unit. It sucks that, unless you've put up a defensive skill on a character, there's nothing you can do to mitigate the damage from a boss's Super, which in this case ate roughly 2/3rds of Chris/Jill's total health. And then the bosses just straight up hit like trucks on top of that so that defending every turn wasn't going to keep me alive. Oh and this all happened just as I was beginning to crack the boss cluster to begin with which means that I had done almost everything else needed to be done for the stage which means I've effectively lost an entire stage's worth of progress. And just like the previous stage, this one was a massive slog as well (fighting massive sacks of HP in narrow walkways with no mass Move +2 skills and almost no Ignore ZOC skills, and you've only got 8 units, split in half to cover both halves of the stage simultaneously, getting brickwalled on everything, and that's not even counting having to open the pods where popping out an enemy costs the unit the rest of their turn.

Seriously, this isn't a bad game, I just can't wait for it to be over and done with so that I'll never have to touch it again.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5658 on: August 11, 2013, 11:53:58 PM »

Reached lvl 16 and beat the mages tower boss in Dragons Crown. Loving the game but single player is kinda tedious. Co-op is where its at. That will be soon.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5659 on: August 12, 2013, 01:22:32 AM »

I got the Transform Magic in Ys II and now I don't want to kill the monsters anymore :(

:(

:(

Also I did the Puni God thing in Atelier Iris I want to marry that game.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5660 on: August 12, 2013, 01:49:28 AM »

I'm pretty fucking close to being done for good with Xenoblade.

I'm three levels above Lorethia, I've got the party AND the gems the wiki recommended, and I'm just getting slaughtered every time I fucking fight her.

No idea what I'm doing wrong and it's fucking retarded that it's taking me this long to try and beat this boss.

It doesn't help that I'm fighting her in a crossroads surrounded by four pools of poison that my two party members run into EVERY FUCKING FIGHT.

Jesus fucking christ I'm frustrated.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5661 on: August 12, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »

PS Vita Game Sale Celebrates Japanese Developers -- PlayStation.Blog US

What's so Japanese about Silent Hill: Book of Memories?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:21:30 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5662 on: August 12, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »

Oh man, I could spare $20 for a sale, but... Soul Sacrifice or Muramasa? On one hand, I already own Muramasa on the Wii, and I've heard there isn't a huge difference. On the other hand, Soul Sacrifice would be a bit of a gamble since I'm not sure if it's something I'd continue to enjoy, even after the demo.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5663 on: August 12, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »

I'm three levels above Lorethia, I've got the party AND the gems the wiki recommended, and I'm just getting slaughtered every time I fucking fight her.

No idea what I'm doing wrong and it's fucking retarded that it's taking me this long to try and beat this boss.

It doesn't help that I'm fighting her in a crossroads surrounded by four pools of poison that my two party members run into EVERY FUCKING FIGHT.

I love/hate when a boss mops the floor with me and the game tells me 'game over' when I thought it was a scripted battle.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5664 on: August 12, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »

Who are you bringing to the fight and at what level?

Additionally, have you tried equipping some Terrain Defense gems on your allies?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5665 on: August 12, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »

Oh man, I could spare $20 for a sale, but... Soul Sacrifice or Muramasa? On one hand, I already own Muramasa on the Wii, and I've heard there isn't a huge difference. On the other hand, Soul Sacrifice would be a bit of a gamble since I'm not sure if it's something I'd continue to enjoy, even after the demo.

I have Muramasa on Vita but I never played the Wii version.  From what I understand the main differences are an actual jump button (which I have trouble imagining not having...) and a much-improved translation.  But in terms of the game itself, it's supposed to be pretty much the same.  It fits the Vita really well, though.  Looks great on the Vita's screen and it's nice having it on the go.

There is supposed to be DLC with new characters and scenarios on the way, but as far as I know that stuff isn't even done yet...

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5666 on: August 12, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »

@kyuusei: Good luck on Revengeance mode!

@GrimReality: Late reply...

This game is 100% about the characters and story for me. The gameplay is fine, but it's just a means to an end.

That's not entirely true when you spend a chunk of time on the multiplayer. Not to mention that a lot of thought was given to the gameplay, I mean it kinda works like a smoother version of RE4 in a way.

I don't spend ANY time on multiplayer. Never will.
I'm not saying the gameplay is bad at all. It's very well done. Just not particularly FUN in that classic gaming sense.
I'm at 68% now :
Code:
I was pissed at Joel, then got the expected turnaround. Plus, now I have a horse to ride! Wheeeeeeeeee!
I'm roaming through the University now

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5667 on: August 12, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »

I have Muramasa on Vita but I never played the Wii version.  From what I understand the main differences are an actual jump button (which I have trouble imagining not having...) and a much-improved translation.  But in terms of the game itself, it's supposed to be pretty much the same.  It fits the Vita really well, though.  Looks great on the Vita's screen and it's nice having it on the go.

There is supposed to be DLC with new characters and scenarios on the way, but as far as I know that stuff isn't even done yet...

I recall there being a jump button outside of battle, but yeah. Inside of battle your best bet was to stick to the other control style and just zip all over the place. You do less damage this way, but you're taking no damage either, outside of flying into an attack or failing to actually get out of the way of one.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5668 on: August 12, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »

Started Chapter 11 of Resonance of Fate. Can the rest of this game just be Leanne hitting Zephyr in the head with a Frying pan?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5669 on: August 12, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »

Who are you bringing to the fight and at what level?

Additionally, have you tried equipping some Terrain Defense gems on your allies?

Shulk, Reyn and ADMIN EDIT: Seventh.

Level 78

I've got Poison on their weapons as well as Topple and Daze Defense and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. ]

I finally broke down and bit on the black 3DS today since it's on sale at Futureshop.

I can see what people mean about the 3D being distracting sometimes. I got Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Soul Hackers and Code of Princess.

I had a hard time with it on DK, but it looked really cool on Soul Hackers.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:39:48 PM by Eusis » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: