Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 12:55:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341278 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 456406 times)
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5835 on: September 03, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »

Amalur: Got my magic character to level 9. I can now safely say that mage/sorcerer attacks are the most fun to use in this game. Seamlessly switching between elemental magic attacks; chakrams; and staffs is awesome. I'm being much more selective about which side quests to take on, and focusing more on exploration and main quests. Hard difficulty is providing a decent challenge during some parts, although overall, it's still pretty easy. All of those approaches combined really make this game much more fun for me than the attempts I've made in the past.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5836 on: September 03, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »

Ugh, I should really stop reading FAQs altogether. I don't use them very often, but it seems like every time I do I end up accidentally reading a spoiler or finding that I've missed something permanently. In this case (Growlanser IV) it's both, and my last useful save is from 2 hours before. I was looking up something entirely unrelated and now I'm thinking of going back to that save and redoing my progress.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5837 on: September 03, 2013, 05:40:08 PM »

I see someone is playing dark cloud 2.  It is one of, if not my favorite game of all time.  That game made me forget about my then bf, eating, and sleeping.  Though I love it to death, I will never revisit it for the sake of my loved ones and health. 

Resident Evil Revelations:  Finished the game and absolutely loved it.  Haven't said that about a RE game in a while.  The creepiness is back folks.  I played the 3ds version and thought the controls could be improved upon.  Still a great game though.  Oh Chris needs to stop closing doors in my face.  It's rude.

I also sent a complaint email to gamefly.  For some reason they changed my primary shipping center to one that is farther away.  The wait time went from 4 days to a week.  That is unacceptable to me.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5838 on: September 03, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »

The Boomerang could be kinda aimed, but using it without having to come to a complete stop was a pain. Thankfully, every iteration of the Boomerang since then has been better than OoT's.

It's more that, in first person, it was really awkward to tell where it was going to go. In general the projectile physics/where the projectile emerged from was kind of weird in OoT. Especially when enhorsed.

wrt water temple, has anyone ever confirmed that there was a glitch in the first run of the game that actually made one of the keys not be in the chest beneath that one... rising platform?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:13:51 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5839 on: September 03, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »

I think the water temple was only really a problem if you didn't do it in one go as you would forget where the water level was supposed to be and stuff. The shield eating guys were kinda annoying but the mini boss of the dungeon was pretty awesome. Still trying to find people to play dragons crown and re revelations raid mode with. Also bought a few board games and boxes of vs system.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5840 on: September 03, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »

Finally found my DS from the move, so popped in Lost in Blue 2...so far tis interesting.....not sure I know what the hell I am doing, LOL

Everything's Eventual
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5841 on: September 03, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »

About 8-9 hours into Chrono Cross. I chose this time to take the "Save Kid" route, so I get to pick up Korcha, Razzly, and Mel. Just recruited Razzly and changed her name to Eevee at my sister's request. Fear her mighty Eev-Star!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5842 on: September 03, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »

I was thinking about doing that in my latest CC run. I usually take Glenn, because, well, it's Glenn.

Messed around in Contra: Hard Crops and Castlevania: Bloodlines a bit. I think I like Bloodlines more than Rondo's Stuff.

Gonna go play Xenoblade and Zelda I guess.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5843 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »

I was thinking about doing that in my latest CC run. I usually take Glenn, because, well, it's Glenn.

Same. My sis wanted to see me play Chrono Cross, and I already went down the Glenn path, so I decided to show her what happens in the game world if you choose to save Kid. While I do like my Glenn and Macha, I'm digging Razzly with her Magic and strong hits (Was doing over 40 for each dwarf, which is pretty darn good when doing a regular run of the game!).

So far, here are my characters and the names we've given them (save a couple):

Serge: as is.
Poshul: Cheeks (After my name for Rena in Star Ocean 2)
Leena: as is.
Mojo: as is.
Nikki: Jacksn
Korcha: Rufio
Greco: Falco
Razzly: Eevee

I think I might be naming Turnip Slippy or Calfa.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5844 on: September 04, 2013, 12:56:40 AM »

Finished csi deadly intent (ds version) in one sitting.  Not as good as its pc counterparts but still enjoyable.

Watching Mermaid Swamp play through.  It is the last of Uri's rpg horror maker games.  I find I am more intrigued with the story than scared with uri's games. 

I just bought Everlove: Rose after reading the review on this site.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:59:50 AM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5845 on: September 04, 2013, 05:56:28 AM »

I tend to keep taking Razzly over Glen due to the fact that I keep treating the choice to save Kid as a "But thou must!" choice when its really a route split in disguise. Not like it matters that much since you lose both characters for most of the game after the first visit to Fort Dragonia and don't get them back until after you get your body back, plus you're basically choosing between a fairly powerful green magic user that can eventually use a Triple Tech with Serge and Leena and an average sword fighter that can Dual Tech with Serge and eventually dual wield the best sword (and its copy) in the game. Of course this wouldn't be such a bad choice if I would stop recruiting Kid at the start instead of letting Leena join.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5846 on: September 04, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F continues to be addictively fun.  I'm working on clearing all the songs on normal ("Time Machine" is my favorite so far), though some of the videos could be seizure-inducing.  I almost don't want to play those on Hard or even Extreme (if I'm daring.) 

Is it just me, or are the song with male vocaloids not mixed properly?  Like, male vocals are too low in the mix yet female vocals sound fine. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5847 on: September 04, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »

Xenoblade - Up to Satorl MarshDOBERCORGI DOBERCORGI DOBERCORGI DOBERCORGI

Rondo's Stuff - Still on level 4. Looks like the one alternate path I was doing just double back to where I WAS going, and doesn't lead to a different level. HmHM.

Majora's Mask - Got the Lens'f of Truth and Boulderman Mask.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:09:17 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5848 on: September 04, 2013, 09:50:45 PM »

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F continues to be addictively fun.  I'm working on clearing all the songs on normal ("Time Machine" is my favorite so far), though some of the videos could be seizure-inducing.  I almost don't want to play those on Hard or even Extreme (if I'm daring.) 

Is it just me, or are the song with male vocaloids not mixed properly?  Like, male vocals are too low in the mix yet female vocals sound fine. 

I think that's just the way the voices are. I actually managed to clear Secret Police on Hard (just barely) so I was quite proud of that. Though the "Chance Time" seems close to impossible to clear on that one.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5849 on: September 05, 2013, 12:57:01 AM »

Same. My sis wanted to see me play Chrono Cross, and I already went down the Glenn path, so I decided to show her what happens in the game world if you choose to save Kid. While I do like my Glenn and Macha, I'm digging Razzly with her Magic and strong hits (Was doing over 40 for each dwarf, which is pretty darn good when doing a regular run of the game!).

I love getting Glenn because it involves being an asshole to Kidd (and her stupid f***ing name).  Let her go alone, let her get sicker, etc.

Got the following today while bargain hunting (and my PS3 controller started to malfunction at a good time)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: