Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 05:49:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319009 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 356346 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2011, 03:28:55 AM »

I hit level 20 with my character in Torchlight this evening and had to force myself to stop playing.  I want to enjoy this one for as long as possible rather than steam through it over one weekend.  I'll probably play again however on the hardest difficulty because I'm rolling over everything on normal.  I also downloaded Arc The Lad 2 over the PSN tonight.  I only played for maybe an hour though. It seems alright.  Can't remember if I've played it before.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »

Well, I'm liking the NEW thread title.

That said, DQIX: FINALLY! At long last, I have a suit of Victorious Armor (and with no help from Excalipurr despite me beating the fucker 62 times) And thanks to some grinding and the DQVC's generosity over the last three weeks I've collected the following top items:

Deft Dagger
Knockout Rod
Bad Axe
Critical Fan
Vesta Gauntlets
Hallowed Helm
Brain Drainer
Apprentice Gloves
Tropotoga
Victorious Armor

I'm now but one weapon (Bright Staff) and one armor (Angel's Robe) away from finishing up with standard grottoes (aside from hunting down the last two grotto bosses and high enough level water and ice maps to meet and defeat the top encounters therein and also for general exp/gold grinding purposes).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »

I got an EXP Share in Pokemon White.  Game over.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 11:28:54 PM »

I'm kind of disappointed with the overall story, or at least how it's moved along, in RDR. All the missions are basically the same.

"I need to find these guys"

"OK senor, do this for me and I'll tell you"

*do task*

"ok where are they?"

"soon senor, come back to the villa and I shall tell you"

Such great voice acting and setting wasted on that. At least the game is fun, has tons of things to do (I fucking love the treasure map stuff), and keeps you interested. 

supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2011, 12:25:28 AM »

keep playing...the story is really good, and the ending one of the best in videogames history.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 12:35:46 AM »

Radiant Historia

I think I'm over-leveled, but I didn't mean to be.  It kinda sucks, though.  I hear Marco and Raynie aren't a very good team, but given that we're overleveled, everyone else doesn't become worth trying...WHAT HAVE I DONE!??!!?!  *sob sob*

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2011, 12:36:44 AM »

Though I had one of the best moments in my gaming history, or at least most hilarious.

In one of the stranger missions you deliver opium money to some englishmen. Well I followed him around after to steal it. Eventually he sits down in front of one of the poker tables in whatever town it is. I lassoed him around the ankles and dragged him around for a bit, to the howling laughter of some rowdy hombres.

The fact that the game programmed NPCs to take delight in the suffering of others is just incredible.

Well I punched him around for a bit, then stabbed him, got my $1k back

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2011, 09:28:28 AM »

I am officially at Victory Road in Pokemon. With one exception, everyone is mid to high 40s (Eelektros is only 42). My goal is to hit mid-50s before I go for the win, but I think my team is pretty solid now. It's as follows:

Haxorus 48
Seismitoad 48
Beartic 49
Krookodile 45
Eelektros 42
Zebstrika 49

I'm not sure about having two Electric types on my team, but Zebstrika has like 150+ speed, making him my fastest guy. Too bad his defense is like ~70, which basically makes him a kamikaze glass cannon.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »

Taking a break from Radiant Historia to play my favourite ever monster collecting game: Jade Cocoon 2!

Re-loaded my save file from a few years and reliving some good times :D

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
yoshimiinpink

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2011, 05:16:57 PM »

Taking a break from Radiant Historia to play my favourite ever monster collecting game: Jade Cocoon 2!

Re-loaded my save file from a few years and reliving some good times :D

How does that compare to the original Jade Cocoon? I remember almost ripping out my hair as a kid over that game! XD

Still in pokemon, getting ready to get the 6th badge. I can't decide what i'm going to play next after White - Maybe Digital Devil Saga for the PS2 (yaaay backlogs!) or Dragon Quest VI, which I was playing originally before Pokemon...
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 05:20:44 PM »

I didn't enjoy Jade Cocoons gameplay, but I liked the music, atmosphere and style. I looove Jade Cocoon 2's gameplay though, and there is a very nice storyline. Not fantastic, but lots of really likeable characters.

:)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2011, 05:26:25 PM »

I didn't enjoy Jade Cocoons gameplay, but I liked the music, atmosphere and style. I looove Jade Cocoon 2's gameplay though, and there is a very nice storyline. Not fantastic, but lots of really likeable characters.

Lot of smilies from you today.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2011, 05:33:47 PM »

In both Jade Cocoon games, I kept getting to the last boss, and kept getting their HP nearly depleted, but every attempt, I got my ass kicked, and eventually got lazy and stopped trying. Maybe someday...

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »

:<

I'm in a good mood. Is that so unusual?

Do you prefer me miserable and jaded? Pft, well you WOULD wouldn't you. You just can't stand to see me happy, always got to say your little part. All you ever do is carbonise and then shit on my dreams. Well I've HAD it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2011, 05:45:21 PM »

:<

I'm in a good mood. Is that so unusual?

Do you prefer me miserable and jaded? Pft, well you WOULD wouldn't you. You just can't stand to see me happy, always got to say your little part. All you ever do is carbonise and then shit on my dreams. Well I've HAD it.

Fine!

use it!

Then I can finally get rid of the tacky flowers you love so much

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: